Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - All CoPilot problems........Fixed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

All CoPilot problems........Fixed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
I hope you've looked at this GrimBeard.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56712&highlight=

Sounds like customer service people don't like you Wink

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy the Garmin experience.

Good Luck

Mike

Typical MAC user, probably wears sandals as well!

Grimbeard
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimBeard wrote:
If, as it seems, we are all getting a bit picky about our replies, actually it implies they MIGHT, not that they do. I stand by my previous point, as far as I now there are no Scamera Vans in North Yorkshire, mobile sites listed on the PGPSW are nearly all ANPR sites with a few manned ones by plod with a hairdryer.

Quote:

with speed enforcement done by regular police patrols.

how can they check speeds unless it's a 'mobile site'?

also - did you ever report these to us explaining that they were anpr?

MaFt
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK you win. In my world the term "Mobile Sites" usually refer to a location at which a Transit sized vehicle is parked, set up with a tripod mounted LTI20-20 or similar.

You are quite correct, any speed enforcement, by a person or whatever that moves is mobile. These could, should and probably will be for evermore be called mobile sites. You win

I can't remember if i had a conversation with you, PGPSW or anybody for that matter on the difference between ANPR and speed enforcement. Which is now your cue to search for all my posts to prove me wrong on this point as well. I probably came to the conclusion that if you are going to charge for your database then it ain't my responsibility to tell you whether is right or wrong, I'm probably wrong on that as well.

So there you are you are, right on all points, you win, I lost and I'm so glad I helped you have a more enjoyable day.

Remind me not to post here again, you and your ilk are all superior beings and I do not wish to trouble you further.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean this:
GrimBeard wrote:
Also Scamera vans announced at sites used for ANPR surveillance. If you want us to pay you are going to have to make your database more reliable.

Taken from This Thread – Although PocketGPSWorld speed camera database does not contain ANPR sites, these are one particular type of camera van I and quite a few others agree with fully as they keep the idiots with no Tax, MOT or insurance off the road, no doubt from time to time they are incorrectly identified as mobile sites and do make it in to the database - Mike
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but just to clarify, I also agree with ANPR, I don't agree with money making, tax collecting scamera van scum.

The point I was having rammed down my throat was how much better and cheaper the PGPSW database was compared to Garmin's. This is a matter of opinion.

I don't, and never have, wanted to pay for a database that warns me of ANPR sites, I do want to be warned of scam sites.

The Garmin has not yet given me a false alert, the PGPSW one did, a lot, a very lot.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimBeard wrote:
SpikeyMikey wrote:
I hope you've looked at this GrimBeard.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56712&highlight=

Sounds like customer service people don't like you Wink

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy the Garmin experience.

Good Luck

Mike

Typical MAC user, probably wears sandals as well!

Grimbeard

I'm glad we agree on something Smile

Quote:
I don't agree with money making, tax collecting scamera van scum

BTW I've never used a Mac in my life and can't bear sandals.

Just fishing.

Got a bite.

Bye

Close the door on your way out Wink
starion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what?

Those people out there waiting for ALK to produce this AWESOME kick ass version are in for a long wait. Two or three years ago CO-PILOT was just about holding its own against the then big boys, but times have moved on and them constantly failing their customers in no longer acceptable. Just try this simple exercise, go into Halfords or any store that sells SAT-NAVS (that will allow demonstrations), and try out a Garmin, Tom Tom, MIO etc you will see imediately how things have moved on. Smooth interfaces, innovative features, accurate routing, etc. No stupid methods for loading the camera database. I did and ended up buying a Garmin and have not regretted it since, the wife still uses Co-Pilot in her car and is always complaining.

My advice to all would be to follow Grimbeard and look at the alternatives, Co-Pilot (ALK) are no longer listening to their customers, they are looking at releasing yet another poorly designed, poorly executed product onto its loyal customer base and charging them £100's for the privilage.

Just my 10 cents! Confused
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree...anybody want an old CoPilot 6, gathering dust on top of my PC...only problem is..you will regret it.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starion what would you base that on have you seen cp7 in action

at the last show we did at sandown park alk had cp7 running on various devices there aqnd compared to cp6 which i find fine to use. is a massive improvement id hold judgement till you actually seen it and used it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth pointing out that regardless of your opinions of our charging, I note you never contributed any locations prior to us implementing a charge (or indeed since) and so never qualified for the lifetime subscription we gave everyone who had contributed prior to the subscription being implemented.

Just one of the many happy to use it when it was free but who couldn't be bothered to contribute.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: