Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALDI deal - POI's and case
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALDI deal - POI's and case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: ALDI deal - POI's and case Reply with quote

Thanks to all who've contributed their knowledge below.
Thumbs Up

Bought my box in Skelmerdale after checking the views here, and I'm delighted. With Warner POI and the converted camera database it's magic. The cards hold loads of MP3s and a cut down UK map (140Mb if you leave out the very North of Scotland - sorry, I'm sure it's a great place, but I just don't go there!)
Wink

As for the case, try flexing the sides - they soften up and don't catch the battery cover lock.

I've set one of the buttons to record new cameras when I spot them - how do I submit them to PocketGPS? I presume you manage the TomTom file centrally?

Keep up the good work, and have a great New Year!

Driving
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what POI-Warner records to, it may record them into the original PocketGPS_SC_UK.ov2 file, or it may create a new one. Just send that to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com.
Kirk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 of these excellent Medion ppc's. I have poiwarner on one of them (not got round to doing other one yet) and see that your speed camera database on this site can be downloaded using it. I have downloaded the speed camera database onto pc but cannot see how I can get poiwarner to read these files.
Can someone shed light?

ps seen a few messages regarding absence of repeat announcements, I found by accident that if you touch the screen whilst map is displayed you get a screen with arrow on it and a speaker icon, tap that and you get the last message played.
Kirk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it now. I can now see the speed cameras on my ppc. The POI Edit site was down so I could not convert them but all is running again now. I have also added voice to warn of cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: