Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Success With TOMTOM
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Success With TOMTOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HRC99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted. Copied everything onto a 2Gb SD card then copied it all into a back up directory on my PC. Then deleted the old map.

Not really had any problems with the old one, so I'm not sure if I'll see much of a difference with the new map anyway.
sollythegolly
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voice_of_reason wrote:
.........didn't have to provide a receipt or anything like that. They just asked me for my product code, and within two days the free v675 map download was added to my TomTom Home account.

I guess they're so fed up of people asking for them that they're just handing them out without too much fuss now?!

They certainly asked me for a receipt. Had to scan it and sent it along with my product code. Whole process took about a couple of weeks. They did cite illness as a reason for delay. I suppose that's fair enough....request was probably languishing in the ill person's in-box.

Still, they did provide the goods in the end, and I did manage to download them without much of a problem.
neoone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have until next year to download maps from Tomtom, is it better to download them now, or wait till next year?

Will the version of the Map in "my Tomtom" update as they get new maps out, or will it stay as version 675?

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map is updated only when you download one. Might as well download it sooner than later even if you choose not to use it straight away.
andydigital44
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoone wrote:
Hi,
I have until next year to download maps from Tomtom, is it better to download them now, or wait till next year?

Will the version of the Map in "my Tomtom" update as they get new maps out, or will it stay as version 675?

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure what you are saying, but if you have a map ready to download from the tomtom website or via "Home" then whatever version was available when you paid for the map (or when you were given the free upgrade) stays the same for however long tomtom says you can download it.

Lets say for example 2 months ago you got a free upgrade to 6.75 Western & Central Europe, but you have yet to download it and tomtom have said you have 12 months to download it before the download disappears. Say in 6 months from now 6.8 is available from tomtom to buy, this doesn't mean you automatically have access to this now new version because you still haven't downloaded 6.75 yet. You will only ever be able to download version 6.75 period.

If thats not what you meant then i apologize, and I'll shut up now
Laughing

Last edited by andydigital44 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
neoone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydigital44 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure what you are saying, but if you have a map ready to download from the tomtom website or via "Home" then whatever version was available when you paid for the map (or when you were given the free upgrade) stays the same for however long tomtom says you can download it.

Lets say for example 2 months ago you got a free upgrade to 6.75 Western & Central Europe, but you have yet to download it and tomtom have said you have 12 months to download it before the download disappears. Say in 6 months from now 6.8 is available from tomtom to buy, this doesn't mean you automatically have access to this now new version because you still haven't downloaded 6.75 yet. You will only ever be able to download version 6.5 period.

If thats not what you meant then i apologize, and I'll shut up now
Laughing

Exactly what I meant, Thanks guys Smile Off to download the map
neoone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed my new download says it is 252mb, but my old card only has a capacity of 240mb (256mb size card), so do I need to buy a new card?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you do.
Although its the map and software that takes up most of the space, you need some extra for adding POIs etc. and the system also needs quite a bit of spare space which it uses as virtual memory while working out routes.

If you only have UK maps, you can probably get away with a 512 MB card, but for Euro maps 1GB or 2GB is needed.

There's a full list on the TomTom website HERE

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: