Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
DennisN,

Reduce the size of the picture down to smaller size to take a picture, I have got a Digital SLR camera which cost about near £2000. Surprised

8O How come the SLR Digital camera got the zillions Megapixels on it, it only does up to 12 Megapixels at the moment.

I am still looking for a bluetooth wireless SLR Digital camera at the moment and is might got one somewhere Rolling Eyes
Hi Stargate.
The only way to reduce the size of the picture before you take it is to reduce the quality of the picture. That way, you don't get such good detail in the picture. So I take a top quality picture and for publishing on the web I reduce the size.
I'm not an expert, so am I silly doing it this way? It means I can keep my camera set on top quality all the time so that I can do a really excellent photo quality print when I want to and great quality prints at A3 size. By the way, I don't really got zillions of pixels - it's only just over 6 megapixels - it's two or three years old.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the many waiting for the v2 receiver has anyone actually received one yet?
JJ28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Apologies for not replying earlier. Just got back from Glastonbury and been really busy.

The good news - a brand new RDS receiver from TT, on the delivery not states v900.006

Bad news - they sent me a v4 one!!

Complained to high heaven, received the standard email saying that they are working on a new one for Q2 2007. Got an email today for a new RDS receiver. Can't see on my TT profile what version though
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ28 wrote:
Hi all,

Apologies for not replying earlier. Just got back from Glastonbury and been really busy.

The good news - a brand new RDS receiver from TT, on the delivery not states v900.006

Bad news - they sent me a v4 one!!

Complained to high heaven, received the standard email saying that they are working on a new one for Q2 2007. Got an email today for a new RDS receiver. Can't see on my TT profile what version though

That's the one you told us was delivered 12/6 and you were going to see 14/6 - someone smells of Glastonbury potties!
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may explain why TomTom have just marked my question about the the TMC receive as 'Answered' but failed to put any update in the log.

I have been chasing them for an update, they have been very slow at even responding with their standard 'cut n paste' response, then suddenly I noticed that my question had been answered, but no email notification.

Maybe a replacement is in the post ? ? ?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it - they kept closing the same question from me and no sign of a v2 replacement.

They set it to Research, escalated it to 2nd line and then closed it a day later. When I asked again for an update on ETA I got the cut'n'paste if you don't like it write in and complain answer. Seeing as this is already a written complaint it appears that I have to submit another written complaint to point out the fact that they are refusing to respond to my first complaint!!

Do any of the admins on this site have any contacts at TomTom who they can escalate to as it appears that there is no v2 RDS-TMC receiver on the horizon, and anyone who asks where there promised replacement is just gets ignored.

I have never come across a company with such poor customer service before, and the sheer arrogance of how they deal with formal written complaints is astounding. To be asked to write in to complain about a written complaint not being responded to is beyond me - it just proves that this company don't give a sh!t about their customers once they have handed over the money.

If I see my replacement by September (if at all) I will be surprised, never mind anytime soon.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll contact TomTom tomorrow for an official response to this issue and report back.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks - I will PM you my case reference numbers if you want to give them some hard evidence instead of anecdotal.

Andy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do, could I ask you to email them to me. darren AT website URL.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, TomTom have replied to me saying an official response will be forthcoming very shortly with a resolution for all customers who've bought an RDS-TMC receiver. Can't say any more at present but will update this thread and post a news item as soon as I have received the detail.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is what they said 3 months ago, when the official response was that you will receive a replacement v2 receiver Q2 2007!

Sense of deja vu here?

I hope it is good news!

Thanks for contacting them though, hopefully we will all be happy with a super duper all singing all dancing (or one that just works will do) v2 TMC receiver.

Andy
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Darren, any idea as to timescales, days, weeks or months,

Like the previous post this is unacceptable, release a completely untested product, initially ignore complaints, then promise a replacement, replacement does not appear, ignore customers enquiries...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Many thanks Darren, any idea as to timescales, days, weeks or months,

Days. To be fair, the product works on the continent, it's the poor quality of our TMC transmissions but I agree that does not excuse them from having sold it here in the first place.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - a PM would be nice if you can't discuss publicly.

They have put my case back to a status of Research - this normally indicates that it will get closed on the quiet.......

Funnily enough they have invited me to participate in customer feedback now that they have resolved (read closed unresolved hope you will just go away) my complaint.

I am just about to take them up on their offer, but I doubt they will take any notice of my ranting!

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

Jump to: