Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Voice Utility Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Voice Utility Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mussey1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have removed all 'voice ' files from my nuvi, so nav mode is silent.

The poi warning bongs are still present anyone know which folder they are stored in?

I assume therefore they are not in the .vpm files.

Thanks.

Mussey1.
sbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand it more now Sad

If you use the latest POIloader from Garmin you can associate MP3 files with the relevant CSV files (They need to have the same name Prefix).

i.e: pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.csv & pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.mp3

If both these files are in the same directory that POIloader looks at the mp3 file will be embedded into the poi.gpi file loaded onto the GPS.

The mp3 file will then be played in place of the "Bong" for any of the poi's in the relevant csv file.

The mp3 could be a louder "bong" speech or silence ?

SB
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right guys! I have read this from start to end and as somebody with only the most basic understanding of how these things work I am getting royally confused and until I understand how to do this properly I don't want to touch anything. Confused
So, I have the Nuvi 310D, regularly download the nuvi camera file which when unzipped has 12 components, 6 x .csv files and 6 x.bmp files. I load these up with my other POIs, everything works fine except the bongs for the camers just fade into the background as I drive along and I don't even realise the thing has bonged half the time until I see the camera. Seems as if one cannot increase the volume of the bongs. Consequently I would like to convert these cameras into voice files, so, can anybody please tell me in plain English how I do this? I cannot be the only techno-dummy Embarassed on here. A step by step guide would I am sure be greatly appreciated by more than just me, perhaps even as a fresh sticky, thanks in advance. .
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to look at Ash10's other wonderous piece of s/w - Camera Manager. If you give him a small donation he will let you have a copy of the latest version which works really well. You get spoken alerts for the cameras and all the advantages of automaric updates to the cameras when they are refreshed.

You can do it manually - POILoader 2.4.1 allows you to link .mps files with the POI database. You have to name the .mp3 files EXACTLY the same as the POI category (i.e speed camera category). But Ash's utility allows you to set up custom alert distances - so you can get 30 sec warnings for the speed cameras instead of a fixed distance warning. Really nice s/w.

To give a donation just download the publicly available version and click on the donate button. You will find Camera Manager in a 'sticky' on this forum.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, you may see in the other thread that I cannot even get the basic camera manager to download properly Crying or Very sad
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know what the latest version number of Ash's software you get when donating?
Marty-Party
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might think I am being lazy but I have failed a few times to produce the same voice files posted before. Does anyone have them available for download to suit an i3?

Specifically I would like the British voice with 'recalculating' removed and the bong and bing for camera alerts/over speed louder.

Also the idea of replacing one of the foreign languages with silence except for the bing and bing sounds great.

Thanks in advance
dazlia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: files? Reply with quote

ho folks,

It would be really nice if those people who say stuff like "wellit worked for me" actualy shared the files they had manged to create.

In other words, FTP them somewhre and send us all a link.

If anyones manged to create a workable file with some new voices then by all means send them to me and ill quite happily FTP them to my server and share the link. Ive got unlimited bandwidth anyway so its not a problem.

just a thought Smile
dazlia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: text to speech engine (the best one online) Reply with quote

If anyone fancies takign a shot and changing the voices then you might want to take a look at a TTS engine i found(text tospeech) which if VERY acurate.

you can even add laughs and kisses etc if youhave a sense fo humour when driving Laughing Out Loud

http://actor.loquendo.com/actordemo/default.asp?language=en

if anyone creates anything though could they send it me so i can FTP it somehwre and post a link back on here so everyone can use it.

cheers
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Ash10's Voice program, I have been able customize voices on an old i3 and it works fine.

However, I have not be able to find a way of using the new voices with one of the later cardless machines. I have tried putting the Voices on a Micro SD card, which also carries extra POIs. The new POIs work fine but the new Voice will not load.

Is there ANY way it is possible to load new voices on to a late cardless machine?
Chipstix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have downloaded and installed Audacity and split the files using Ash's software. I applied a Low Pass filter to entire selection (Setting cut off frequency as 1Hz). I've checked every single wav and as far as I can tell I have only modified the voice ones.

I tested it on the way home. It seems to have partially worked. In British mode it is as normal. Switch to American and the voice directions stop - but I get no audible alert when I approach a speed camera? Not sure what I did wrong...

If anyone has already done this process on the american voice, and they would be happy to send me/host for download either the set of modified wavs, or alternativly the recompiled VPM file, that'd be great!

...or tell me what to try/check next! I've got a motorbike trip coming up on Friday and would love to get this sorted in time!

Cheers, Chris
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILoveSatNav wrote:
do you know what the latest version number of Ash's software you get when donating?

It's actually the same version - but if you donate you get to use the options that are 'greyed' out in the free download.
Chipstix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I may have cracked it. had the Audacity preferences incorrectly set (should have read the instructions more carefully!)

I won't know if I've sorted it until I try it on the way home tonight....

C.
wiggis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
ILoveSatNav wrote:

It's actually the same version - but if you donate you get to use the options that are 'greyed' out in the free download.

Hi there. I donated, but the options to enable voice are still greyed out? How do I fix this? I am happy to forward my PayPal receipt to prove that I did donate.
craigsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiggis wrote:
philpugh wrote:
ILoveSatNav wrote:

Hi there. I donated, but the options to enable voice are still greyed out? How do I fix this? I am happy to forward my PayPal receipt to prove that I did donate.

I would like to use the voice warning feature on camera manager. What is the mechanism for making a donation to enable this feature?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: