Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Effects of Flash Performance?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Effects of Flash Performance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrps2man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Effects of Flash Performance? Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I just purchased a Garmin zūmo 500 Deluxe and so far it's been great. With this said, I need to upgrade the memory capacity in order to fit more maps onto the device, and so I'm about to sail into the flash market!

I was simply wondering if the performance of a flash card will have any tangible effect on the snappiness of the GPS in operation. There are a huge number of SD cards on the market that go from as low as 12X all the way up to 144X and I'm wondering what level of performance I should be looking at in order to get the most out of the GPS. Is it worth paying two times as much for one card over the other in order to get faster read speeds?

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see some replies soon :D
dogdays
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Idea I have the same problem. My Tomtom GO has you half way round the roundabout before it displays the turning, truck drivers get very p---ed off about it all, hoot & make rude gesturers .

I dont know the answer for sure, but have ordered a Sandisc Extreme 111 to see if it helps, as this seems to be one of the quicker cards.

Living in hope.

ds

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: