Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 20 MPH BRITAIN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

20 MPH BRITAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
I believe that in Texas they have even increased Highway speeds from 70mph to 80mph to quote from the state's director:
Quote:
to match how most motorists drive.

Yeah, but only on a stretch of I-20 way out west. Here, it's 70 during the day, and 65 at night. But yeah, 80mph is about the average speed during the day, and 70 at night. Incidentally, 80mph (130 klicks) is the recommended and average speed on the German autobahn as well.

Quote:
When i've been behind one of the school buses in the States, there are rarely any bad tempers and the traffic stops, maybe that would help here in UK but as a drastic change from what we are used to - so would make tempers fray.

Right. I'd say that's because the "restriction" is reasonable and prudent even in the eye of the most stubborn speeder (me) and it's only in effect when actually necessary, not at 2 in the morning.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kar98 , Grrrr Grrrr Grrrr

What do you mean "Hooray for the nanny state"

Can you please explain that here. Confused

It that JR from Dallas from Texas riding on scooter Laughing Laughing Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
Kar98 ,
What do you mean "Hooray for the nanny state"
Can you please explain that here. Confused

A Nanny is a child's nurse, who looks after the child all day long and tells it what to do and when to do it all. That means when we say "Nanny State" we mean it's the government trying to tell everybody what to do. Most people don't like that. And when Kar98 says Hooray for the nanny state, he really means "Tell the government to keep out of my business, because I can look after things myself." Sometimes it sounds like a joke, sometimes it sounds like a very sad thing.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put, DennisN. Better, and calmer than I could have.

[/b]
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably doesn't translate well into languages other than English but there is an old expression "Nanny knows best" which implies that the children should do as they are told and not argue.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right skippy 8O , the children should do as they are told and not argue all the time that what is said in my mind of the translate, I think Tony trying to make England turn to Ameraican country which we all's could end up like Paris Hilton for three screaming day.

Anyway yesterday ( Sunday ) in the afternoon at 2.45pm I saw a white van name called of "safety camera parthership" near my home area as I just behind it the rear of the van I saw the van was parking on the grass I drive along home and went back to give a try if my navman N60i and road angel 2 for a test to see if working along near the van camera but both of it not working, not coming on screen with blue mobile van on road nothing on there in the screen and road angel not making a sound either, what is going on, I feel this update download safety camera has been remove the mobile van out of it both of them, has anyone's has these problem of that, I feel like going to sued the Navman and road angel for wasting my moneys for removing my mobile van software out of my navman gps unit and the road angel as well from the download update.

It make me thinking I doubt if the safety camera parthership ringing the navman and the road angel and other etc to remove the mobile van software out on the download update for more another moneys pinch thief to trap motoist again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Burn In Hell Gun Shoot Out

Look Safety Camera Parthership if you are reading this, please leave all millions of us along in peace and we are not doing any harm at all to drive to work and back home in peace and also will you please stop thief moneys pinch again to trap many motorist to give you moneys of who not doing any harm none at all in peace and stop telling motorist what to do, you should yell at the young kids to look left and right when crossing over the road and it their fault causing a lot's of damage to many motorist get upset of the young kids never bother look left and right of crossing over the road, you should sued the kids of their fault as accident on the road not the motorist and motorbikes as well. get your fact straight and stop pinching moneys all of us in peace. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Stargate2006 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
You are right skippy 8O , the children should do as they are told and not argue all the time that what is said in my mind of the translate, I think Tony trying to make England turn to Ameraican country

That's funny right there, because here in America we look at Britain as splendid example of a nanny state gone way overboard.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you are right Kar98, the England is turning to a new name of BritainAmerican country nanny state killer way overboard too much of it as it was the government, MP, Mayor fault for not listen to millions peoples said zillions time said of "Tell the government to keep out of my business" and stop poking their nose in my business which make feeling too uncomformace and unheathly.

The government has already screw up the Britain way of life now of turning into the 21st Centry hell total mess a lot's of damage. Twisted Evil
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you should yell at the young kids to look left and right when crossing over the road and it their fault causing a lot's of damage to many motorist get upset of the young kids never bother look left and right of crossing over the road, you should sued the kids of their fault as accident on the road not the motorist and motorbikes as well. get your fact straight and stop pinching moneys all of us in peace.

Well, it is fact that kids dont learn until they have a very near miss or are actually hit, it is called "concious unconciousness", and is a developmental thing, just because you tell a kid they just cannot learn until they reach certain developmental milestones.

As for the whole 20mph issue, they are currently digging up the whole of Bristol and have got loads of temporary roadworks in place. My journey time to work was 1 hour to do 5 miles pre roadworks, now only 25 mins. Yes it may be due to less cars taking the percieved busier routes but the whole lot flows alot better, with more managiable chuncks of traffic let through each junction atb a time and no one then blocking junctions as they get trapped by lights changing. Still dont see much over 20 mph though.

My street is in a supposed 20 mph zone but it is not enforced at all by avon and somerset police, as some t~#t still manages to get to about 5000 rpm in 3rd gear in a evo so looking at 70 mph +, and he is not alone. No point having it if it is not enforced.

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
Yep you are right Kar98, the England is turning to a new name of BritainAmerican country nanny state killer way overboard too much of it as it was the government, MP, Mayor fault for not listen to millions peoples said zillions time said of "Tell the government to keep out of my business" and stop poking their nose in my business which make feeling too uncomformace and unheathly.

The government has already screw up the Britain way of life now of turning into the 21st Centry hell total mess a lot's of damage. Twisted Evil

Do you understand one thing about a democratic goverment?

To old to die young.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:

Is that the type of government where you vote for them and then they just go ahead and do whatever they like regardless of what people think? Confused
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
classy56 wrote:

Is that the type of government where you vote for them and then they just go ahead and do whatever they like regardless of what people think? Confused
No it's not, skippy. It's the type which puts up three contesting parties each with different policies pronounced the same. Wink

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:

Things like this:

Quote:
Despite the near-unanimous opposition in the state legislature to the use of speed cameras, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is moving forward on a proposal to deploy photo radar on state highways using federal gas tax funds

Grrrrr. So much for "well, if you don't like a law, vote for somebody who will change it".

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1800.asp
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kar98 wrote:
Grrrrr. So much for "well, if you don't like a law, vote for somebody who will change it".

In the spirit of The Simpsons!

HA HA! Taunt

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't trust any party government and I never vote any party government all my life since I was a baby to now, because the reason why, everytime you belive them to vote that to make the government become famous and then later on a week later the government change the subject around and you blow it, well now don't trust the government until they listen to all of us the real problem and is time the government stop being greedy pinching moneys off all of us to pay off the government life style. Twisted Evil

It give me a bad headache the government act like a Paris Hilton life style Bouncing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: