Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 910 and Mp3's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 910 and Mp3's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Go 910 and Mp3's Reply with quote

Now that I have my Go910 connected to my stereo I can listen to my mp3 as I drive but seem to have found yet another problem with the Go910.

I planned my trip from Birmingham to Tenby 203 miles and loaded my Mp3 to the 910 and set off

Just out side Tenby the 910 put me in to a loop around 2 roundabouts and seemed to have lost the plot it never recovered until I turned it off and them back on and did not listen any more mp3s as I thought these were slowing down the navigation sot ware.

The rest of the hols was fine however on my way back a again planned my route and started my mp3s off and drove back non stop, just as I reached junction 6 of the M6 “my turn off” The tomtom announced that in 1.5 miles take the exit this was just as I was coming off the slip road to Erdington.

It seems that the 910 cannot Navigate and play Mp3’s with out loosing sink with where you are.

Have you had this happen as I rang TomTom and they stated that this will happen after about 2 hours of driving and was a know problem. They very kindly suggested that I should take a break after 2 hours of driving anyway

I am going to sell my 910 and get a one instead as none of the added functions seem to work on the 910

Any comments Terry
Deus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP3's take up too much space, I use that space for movies instead :D
seriously, I have the Ipod connector cable and stream from my Ipod. This has not caused me any problems at all.
I am a HGV driver and drive much more than 2 hours I can tell you.
vroomfondel
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Go 910 and Mp3's Reply with quote

tez wrote:
...I rang TomTom and they stated that this will happen after about 2 hours of driving and was a know problem. ...

That points to a memory leak in the mp3 player.
Thats really quite bad if it screws up the navigation.
They obviously know about it, so why no fix?
What a pile of poo. Glad I went for a 510 now. My car radio plays mp3 anyway. Smile
tez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started with this Sat nav stuff I had a iPac 2210 with TomTom5 on it , then I heard about the changes to the law ref Mobil phone use in the car and thought I need a car kit for my phone at the same time I was looking for a Mp3 player.

Just as I was doing this the 910 came out and I thought Fantastic £499.00 and it does everything I was looking for, so I sold my iPac on ebay and got a Go910.

I am now a year down the road and every time I try to use any of the added value items there is problems

What really annoys me is that I sold a perfectly good sat nav solution for a device that simply does not deliver so far I have tried the

TMC receiver does not work reliably
Mp3 player affects the navigation software
Hands free Ranges from intermittent to not working
Bluetooth audio streaming will not connect to any thing
Car Connect Dropped by TomTom
Plus the Mount problems

Add to this the size of the go 910 and it starts to look very expensive for what it is as the only thing it does reliably is navigation, and I could have brought a One instead for far less.

When you add it all up with TomTom customer support and high charges for anything they do plus the inaccuracy of the maps both old and new version its not looking good.

Terry
Belgarath
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the 910 with navigation and mp3s all the time - never had a problem with the navigation going awry.
madnlooney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ive never had a problem with both nav and mp3s together
UK2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the same problem after a few hours the navigation goes all stop and start.This will only happen when i'm playing mp3's with navigation Confused

If i clear the route though the navigation goes smooth again.
OR As soon as the navigation goes haywire i switch it off and back on again and stop playing mp3's for a while Sad

Tom tom are probably trying to fix it,maybe Smile [/list]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: