Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Broken screen on Medion PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken screen on Medion PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pronto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Broken screen on Medion PDA Reply with quote

Help please -- I've broken the screen on my Medion PDA. Anybody know how I might go about either getting it fixed or replacing the PDA with a suitable alternative (don't really fancy buying the whole navigation kit again). Had this PDA for several months now and I'm (literally) lost without it Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to contact Medion UK regarding any possible repair. You may be lucky and find your household insurance covers this kind of damage (especially if it were to have occured in the house ;) )

www.medion.co.uk
pronto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for fast reply Darren, I've emailed Medion and will see what they say. Unfortunately my household insurance specifically excludes accidental damage to "articles designed to be portable" Sad -need to review that policy!

If the worst happens and I need to replace the PDA are there any key specification issues to watch out for - will the mapping software work with a device running at less than 400MHz for example; will any PDA supporting PPC2003 work with the GPS / software? One possible option I have is to replace it with a secondhand HP iPAQ2210
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking to retain the Medion software then you hava problem as this software is locked to the receiver that came with the Medion and this only works with ....... you guessed it, the Medion!

Halfords now sell the same package but with only 1 x MMC card, otherwise you'll need a new PPC, GPS and software Sad

I'm sure Medion can assist, if you get no reply let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.
pronto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got through to Medion (after listening to their nice music for 20 minutes :x ). However, once through, they were very helpful. The cost of a replacement screen is about £90, the bad news is that it takes 28 days to fix - which for me is not good 'cos I leave for an extended tour of France in 10 days!

Medion (UK) do have a replacement PDA for sale at £199; its the MD5951 which they assure me is a one for one swap and all nav software works as on the original (its only a 200MHz machine tho').

The Medion (UK) web site now has maps, spare battery, stylus, GPS and PDA holders for sale at what appear to be pretty competitive prices - worth a look if you're in the market for maps or spares.
pronto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: The Medion MD5951 is NOT compatible with the RoyalTek GPS that comes with the Aldi kit; However, Medion have come up trumps and solved my problem quickly - excellent service (despite the extended wait to get through on the phone).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: