Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ProClip USA mount review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ProClip USA mount review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: ProClip USA mount review Reply with quote

Brodit mounts have a good reputation in Europe. Now they are available in the US too. A particular site www.Ipaqcarkits.com has been recently added to the lineup, and we have used that event to test some of the mounts on offer.

Selecting a Brodit mount is a two step process - you need to choose the device specific holder and the car specific mount. The website suggests to start with the holder but eventually that order is completely up to you - so let's start wit the car mount...

Click here to read the review.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Wannabyourhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Brodit mount and holder for my Citroen C4 and Mio 168. They really can be fitted without any damage to the car and the display is a whole lot clearer compared to the suction mount fitting to the windscreen. The Mio slides into the connecter perfectly every time. Pricey but worth it.
carphead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Brodit mounts in both my old car (Laguna II) and my current one (Mazda 6). I've used move mounts since they were launched.

It's handy because I have my IPOD in one most of the time then when I want to use the GPS on my Orbit I stick my Orbit mount on it. But I used the cradle supplied with the Orbit and a move mount stuck on the back. With that mount I can keep the orbit in it's case.
Bazzaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Brodit Mount Reply with quote

Thanks Guys this was a very useful review.
It has also aided me in deciding which phone to chosse; the MDA III or Orbit.
Thanks
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Can use the Brodit holder with a Richter mount Reply with quote

I bought a Richter vent-mount phone holder from Halfords for £4.99 (Richter part number 966598) and adapted it for use with an active Brodit holder (968731) for my XDA Orbit. The Richter mount isn't perhaps as neat as a custom Brodit mount but is much cheaper and more versatile - it can be moved between (most) cars and attached to whichever vent you choose.

I gather Brodit make an adapter for Richter mounts - but at a high price. I just had to drill four small holes in the Richter mount and screw the Brodit holder to it with self-tappers. It would have been neater if I'd cut the lugs off the mount, for a flush fit between mount and holder, but that would have rendered the mount unusable with the Richter phone holder in future.

Like Mike/Lutz, I found myself pressing buttons on the side of the phone by accident, when trying to remove it from the Brodit holder. I've taught myself to push it up from the bottom, to avoid this. At least when I remember!

Incidentally, the Richter holder works very well with the XDA Orbit. The only reason I went for the Brodit holder is that it is 'active' and so saves the hassle of plugging/unplugging the power lead. Was it worth £35 on top of £5 for a perfectly functional Richter holder? Read on...

One warning about the Brodit holder: sliding the Orbit in/out scratches the black finish of the Orbit - very disappointing, for a £35 product. For that reason, I have applied black electrical insulating tape to the sides of the holder. Not pretty but it seems to prevent the scratching, albeit making the phone a tight fit. Quite honestly, I might revert to the Richter holder, even though it isn't 'active'.

I'd be happy to email more photos to anyone who's interested.

RainyDayInterns
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: ProClip GPS mount - Porsche Boxster Installation Reply with quote

We know it is a pretty simple installation project, but as this mount is a little pricey for what it actually does, we thought we would post a series so readers can better decide if they really want to spring for the ProClip system.

It is versatile and does look better than the typical windshield mounts. Click on any of the images for a larger version.

Here is the complete series:
http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2009/Home/June/Week3/RDMHomeJun1509.htm#ProClipMount

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2009/Home/July/Week1/RDMHomeJul0209.htm#ProClipAssembly

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2009/Home/July/Week2/RDMHomeJul0609.htm#ProClipInstallation

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: