Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 360
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazpad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 360 Reply with quote

I won my Garnib Nuvi 360 satnav in a competition about a month ago. Therefore, I had no influencing reviews to affect my 'purchase'.
A little of my driving conditions first: I am a multidrop driver covering 800 - 100 miles per week. I deliver in town centres and in the depths of the countryside. I really know how to find my way around.
However, I am not very 'techie' so my review is only based on how the unit performed on my routes.
Excellent!! Really! I tried out the NUVI 360 on some of my existing routes and it matched my route turn for turn! Spoken voice instructions are very clear even informing you of the road name/number you are entering, excellent for confirming that you are going the right way.
The mapping is very clear and detailed covering Europe, and when used with the DB is very helpful in keeping your licence clean when you are in unfamiliar territory.
The touch screen is very sensitive and the software fast to respond to input.
Re-routing takes seconds if you stray, very reassuring when you are stuck in a busy town centre and you just missed your turn!
The Nuvi comes equipped with whistles and bells that I would never use, such as the MP3 player, Audiobook player, language guide/translator (though that come in handy for European travellers)
Would I buy it? If I was loaded YES! on my humble drivers salary? No, far too expensive at £379.00 for me to afford.
bibamus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only £250 at Handtec!!!!! You`re over £100 better of already!

The only thing I dont like about the Nuvi is the distorted sound out of the speakers at full volume. My 360 suffered from it as did my Brothers 310. But, my 360 went faulty and was replaced ( in a couple of days from Handtec) and the speaker, although not perfect, is much better.

Allan
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 360T Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm getting a Nuvi 360 T tomorrow for £329.00 so I will be reporting what happens. I've read the instruction book till I can virtually recite it off by heart, can't wait to try it out.

Cheers

Jerry
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 360T Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm getting a Nuvi 360 T tomorrow for £329.00 so I will be reporting what happens. I've read the instruction book till I can virtually recite it off by heart, can't wait to try it out.

Cheers

Jerry
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am just in the process of deciding what to replace my current satnav with (as the maps are getting a bit old; not quite "here be dragons" but still in need of an update).
Although not a multi-drop driver, I do tend to plan itineraries for trips, and I thought that I read that the Nuvi only allows one waypoint, which is less than I really want.
Is this correct?
I am really impressed with the unit in all other ways, but would prefer to keep looking rather than commit to something which isn't quite what I want.

Any other suggestions?

TIA

Alistair
nomadman2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: 360 or 370 Reply with quote

I would have to say if you have a little extra cash go for the 370 instead, it rocks!!

Full Europe NT v9 and USA NT v8 preloaded, loads of additional features like bluetooth for your phone and traffic master built in. It really is worth it.
LostinCyberSpace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Gang!

Is there anyway of improving the sound levels at all? As at full tilt.. i cant hear it with the radio on.. even off, im struggling to hear the nice lady!

I had a "street pod".. although more basic.. the sound levels put the 360 to shame!

Is there another "voice" i could download.. to make it louder??

How have you guys got around this annoying problem???
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I had the same problem with mine as well, on the motorway you could hardly hear it. I took mine back to the shop and upgraded to the Nuvi 670, expensive but at least that way you can listen through the stereo.

Jerry
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostinCyberSpace wrote:
Is there anyway of improving the sound levels at all? As at full tilt.. i cant hear it with the radio on.. even off, im struggling to hear the nice lady!
Welcome to the forum, a number of options available to you are listed in a post I made in This Thread a while back - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: