Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ANN: Postcode support for TTN2 on PocketPC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazingly simple installation! I already have CheckPOInt installed, so from this thread saw that I could skip stages 1-3 of the installation. I merely copied ukpostcode.exe and ukpostcode.dat onto a CF card, plugged it into my iPAQ 2210 and it worked immediately! Oh yes, I made a short cut to ukpostcode.exe. Thanks for an excellent program
Robin
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Derek,

As Darren has said, CheckPOInt isn't a requirement; it's just very useful. In this context, having CheckPOInt already installed on your PPC helps with the installation of Dynamite’s fantastic Postcode.

If you’ve just installed CheckPOInt, then may I suggest that you have a look at downloading the PocketGPS World camera database? This database is 100% free and accurate along the roads that I have driven. If you’re in an area where the cameras haven’t been included, then you can help by adding them yourself and letting Darren know. ;-)

Again, Darren is right, this website is probably all that you should need for GPS navigation and PPC as well. Take some time and browse the contents of the website. TomTom is a good system. Why not check out all of the free POIs that may be of use to you. They can be downloaded from this site too. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
OldNick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,
I followed to the letter, the Download & Installing instructions given in document www.digittools.co.uk/ukpostcode.php plus additional instructons from Niels.

When I clicked on "UK Postcodes" in my Start Menu I got the error msg below:
"Cannot find ukpostcode (or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available" Needless to say I formed the shortcut by browsing to the file, so the path and filename must be correct". I had formed my shortcut by browsing to the filename so these details were correct.

After I installed CheckPoint the UK Postcode programme functioned without further problem.

Maybe it is the way I have my data installed, maps on a 256 MB SD storage page and the TomTom prograam in the default location. I don't know the reason it was necessary to install CheckPoint to make the programme run. Now that it is operating normally I will follow the advice given to me many years ago "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Derek
Torchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels
Thanks for the reply concerning the missing Post Codes. As I explained I use TTN2 regularly when on call and I would appreciate any help that you could give to restore the missing codes. My problem is that I have come to rely on the navigator and the codes are an answer to prayer.
Very many thanks for all that you do for us.
Regards
Dave
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Adding grid references to Dynamite's PostCode program Reply with quote

Hello, Niels

We've just heard about your wonderful program.

It occurs to me that it would probably be pretty easy to extend your program to deal with Ordnance Survey grid references as well as postcodes, i.e. to allow a grid reference to be input and to pass the latitude/longitude coordinates to TTN. There would be no extra database involved because grid references can be converted by means of quite simple formulae (I could supply Visual Basic code, if that would help). The result would be a very useful addition to the program.

Hugh
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this program its great a freind of mine is house hunting and boy does this make it easy to find places in an area you dont know , Yes anything can be made better BUT I am happy with what I got and a big cheers to the author Thumbs Up Mr. Green Happy
pstallwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant.

Ipaq 5450 PPC2003 TT2.22.

Downloaded and installed the.NET Compact framework. Installed ukpostcode -carefully following instructions-worked first time.
g8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful program !!! I have been using this for a couple of days in my local area and it's proving invaluable.

However just planned a long trip up to Lancs and it can't find the flippin postcode - how lucky am I !!! (BB18 6SZ)
dandpclements
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great product - worked first time on my old Tosh 570 with 2002.

I also run Checkpoint so could an option be to start checkpoint rather than TT Navigator and allow

:D
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and allow........?

I have Hardware Button 1 configured to launch CheckPOInt (which in turn is configured to launch TTNav). I also have Hardware Button 2 configured for PostCode.

So I can access PostCode easily if TTnav is already running. If it isn't, once PostCode launched TTNav, a quick click on Hardware Button 1 will launch CheckPOInt Thumbs Up
jssmiles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a BIG thanks to Neil for such a Fantastic and easy to use program Smile
TheBoffin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels, well anyone that can help really!!!

Have followed the installation procedure as documented (and following this seemed easy enough), however ... when I try to launch ukpostcode, either from the shortcut or from the physical exe ... I get the following message:

cannot find 'ukpostcode' (or one of its components)

My setup is: Dell Axim X5, MS Pocket PC v3.0.11171 (build 11178)
processor Intel PXA250

both exe & dat installed in the same folder, OCX registered successfully, have reinstalled again with to no avail -- downloaded and installed .NET upgrade, still no go.

HELP!!!

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ChrisR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a compiled list of missing postcodes?

Is there a plan to add to this list those that do not exis? The program works really well and I am sold on it, but it seems to have problems finding my old place of work which has been in place for some 20 years +.

(missing -> M4 4AH - Hanover Street in Manchester)

Great Program though - Thanks Thumbs Up

ChrisR
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what format do you need the coordinates & postal code in to add to the database.?

i.e LS278BW/LCORD/LCORD Etc

Cheers
Nick
Carll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBoffin wrote:
Niels, well anyone that can help really!!!

Have followed the installation procedure as documented (and following this seemed easy enough), however ... when I try to launch ukpostcode, either from the shortcut or from the physical exe ... I get the following message:

cannot find 'ukpostcode' (or one of its components)

My setup is: Dell Axim X5, MS Pocket PC v3.0.11171 (build 11178)
processor Intel PXA250

both exe & dat installed in the same folder, OCX registered successfully, have reinstalled again with to no avail -- downloaded and installed .NET upgrade, still no go.

HELP!!!

Brian

Hi
I had the same problem, and have the same setup of a Dell Axim X5 etc. In the end I installed CheckPOInt and then just copied the two main files accross to my CF card. Worked like a treat after that.
Great software, wish TT would learn from this.
My only comment is the installation is not fool proof.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: