Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: SysOnChip CF Plus GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: SysOnChip CF Plus GPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noony
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sysonchip CF GPS Plus cards £99 each SOLDOUT Reply with quote

Noony wrote:
I would like to offer the Sysonchip GPS Plus cards @ £99 each this includes UK mainland delivery.

I have been in direct contact with the manufacturer, and I can confirm that all units are brand new, and have the latest firmware version. All units come with a 12 month swapout warranty. The majority of this batch (a large number of units) have already been sold with no complaints reported, this sounds like a good recommendation to me. I use mine on a daily basis.

Hoping it's OK to post this offer here.

Please reply here or email if interested.

Thanks,
Noony

ALL SOLD (100 UNITS SOLD WITH NO COMPLAINTS) - THANKS

Last edited by Noony on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
JamesC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Before I read this, based on the review here, I bought one of these over eBay and now I fear that I will encounter the same lag problems as others who bought their's over eBay, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If I'm not so lucky, has anyone actually managed to successfully contact SysOnChip to update their firmware ? Has it worked ?

Thanks,

James
JamesC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Recieved the unit today, and so far so good - it has a 0308****** serial number which, upon reading this, looks like a good, non-laggy one.
Spudd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else bought one of these recently? Have they fixed those problems mentioned above? I really would like to get one but if they're still having problems I'll hold off for a while.

Tim.
JamesC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one as above is perfectly working, all new models are fixed and good. Ensure the model isn't second hand and if possible as what the serial number is, if it is a 0308****** serial number, go for it. These, to the best of my knowledge, are fixed.
Garry Platt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Confirmed Reply with quote

I bought mine only recently and I can confirm it works a treat.
hamba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dave,

sorry that I reactivate this thread again. Also sorry for my poor English.

I have also the descripte problem with my SysOnChip GPS CF Plus card. My card has the serial number 030829…. and I have this card received directly from SysOnChip Korea at the end of October 2003. So I think this card has a actually firmware, but I doesn’t know this. SysOnChip doesn’t answers my emails. The last email which I had receive dates from 3.12.2003. So at the moment it is not possible for me to solve the problem directly with this guys.

I know that it is not possible to get the exact really position with the GPS system. But the lag from my SOC+ is definitive to big (around about 10 sec., but it depends on the driving speed) for a normal GPS position. If I drive with my car, it is a lag between the GPS position and the real position. If I stop the car, than the GPS position comes after 10 sec. to my real position.

The next problem with my SoC+ is, that the position drift from the road if I make a right or left turn. How long is the drift depends also on the driving speed.

In the past I have used also a SysOnChip GPS CF card (without the Plus ;-). This card definitely doesn’t had this problems.

I had posted this also in a German forum (http://www.pocketnavigation.net/board/thread.php?threadid=15803&sid=fa2f83064491a821a417d4cdc36c7f5f). This postings are in German languish but there are also screen shots which shows the drifting problem. In that Germany forum there are also guys which have this problems with the SoC+ and of course there are also guys they doesn’t have this problem.

I had read out the SW-Version and also the navigation parameters from my SoC+ with the software SiRFDemo. In this case navigation parameters means the internal parameter values of the SiRF chip. With the SiRFDemo software – which runs only under the big Windows-Plattforms (2000, XP, …) – it is very ease – for professionals - to read this informations. There is only necessary that the SoC+ runs in SiRF protocol mode. The most people which contacted me in the Germany forum are normal GPS users and doesn’t can do thinks like this. So my hope is, that you can do this with your SoC+ card and you are willing to send me this information. My hope is, that with this information there comes more light in the darkness of the SoC+ card and the result was ether we have different SW versions or different navigation parameters.

Apart form this booth problems, the SysOnChip GPS CF card are very powerful and got always – of course most time – many SAT’s.

Thanks so lot and best regards
Hamba
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Hamba, I missed this message, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

It sounds to me that you probably do have one of the early SOC Plus cards, or that there might be more of an issue with the card itself. Certainly I don't experience any lag to what you are experiencing or positional problems. Many of which have experienced this problem have had a slightly earlier chipset and although it's come from SysOnChip, really the only way to tell is to contact them. They are slow in responding to email and sometimes appear to only respond to email they choose. If you purchased this direct from SysOnChip then I would ask for an RMA number to send the card back, or likewise through a retailer if it was purchased through a SOC retailer.
shard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I'm new here but have been using NAVMAN 500 for about a year now with good ol' bundled SMartpath SW. Time to upgrade though and I have a Loox600 and am looking for a GPS & S/W

Point is, could some of the lag people experience with this card be to do with SD card/PDA performance? I've read on several forums that SD perf can be affected by OS patches etc... Surely if you have the whole app + maps in a thumping great SD, maybe you'll introduce lag because the SW can't operate fast enough to keep up.

Incidentally the NAVMAN500 always lagged a bit, but using a trial of Mapopolis, I found that it didn't. The difference is simply down to the vector-prediction algorithms that Mapopolis uses, which are a good step on from the pants (albeit early) effort of SmartPath! ;)

Thanks for a great site - please keep up the good work!!!

Simes.
Spike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Upgrade - delays Reply with quote

Hi Simes,

I too have the Loox 600, and the Sysonchip CF+ GPS card, I run it on my PDA and the delays people talk about do indeed exist, I also run a Leadtek 9531 GPS "mouse" and do not experience the delays with that!
I suspect that the delays are due to the fact that XTrac uses some clever software / Firmware to enhance its sensitivity, this I believe causes the delays. They are real, but do not cause many serious problems if you are using voice enabled routing software like Destinator etc, I use Destinator 2, and although you can see the delay effect, for normal use it doesn't create that much of a problem. The only time it can get irritating is when you are in a built up area such as a busy town, and it can lead you to think that you should be turning into the road before the one you want (if they are within 50 feet or so) however, as soon as you stop, the system seems to catch up, so for instance if you are waiting to turn right into a particular road, you soon realise it isn't the one you want!
The other side to this argument is that with a conventional mouse (IE: Non XTrac) the chances are it wont be able to help you because it cant tell where it is because it has lost the GPS signals anyway, because of the lack of the sensitivity of the CF+!!
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and am very happy to say it works really well, the only issue I have with it at the moment is that it doesn't want to install on my new laptop! (A Fujitsu Siemens Amilo running XP home) However it installs on both of my other laptops without problems.
I hope this helps you with your decision,
Good Luck!

Spike.
shard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Spike, thanks for the informative, clear, and unbiased reply!!

S.
Thitho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i have now a new card with a 0312.... serial number from ebay. and it works fine!
stevep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent my "laggy" Pockey CF GPS (OEM version from SysOnChip) back to Dian at SysOnChip in Korea for firmware upgrade. Took about two weeks and now works perfectly, except sensitivity is much reduced. Used to get 7-9 satellites on a clear motorway now just 4-5, and only 2-3 around town, but no lag.

I'm using with TTN 2.24 and GPS 2.09 in NMEA mode. How do I switch to SiRF mode, and will that improve sensitivity?

Anyone tried the external Haicom antenna, that should be compatible?

Any help appreciated.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shard wrote:
Point is, could some of the lag people experience with this card be to do with SD card/PDA performance? I've read on several forums that SD perf can be affected by OS patches etc... Surely if you have the whole app + maps in a thumping great SD, maybe you'll introduce lag because the SW can't operate fast enough to keep up.

The lag people experience isn't down to SD, it's down to how many BAD satellites the XTrac software is trying to acquire and use. The more BAD satellite signals (e.g. weak signals) the worse the data will be. If you have 3 or 4 good sat fixes but 2 or 3 bad sat fixes then you won't see much of an issue, but the problem comes in the more bad data you receive.

Another issue was with early firmware releases of the SOC card, these did have much worse lag than the true production models.
harrinp1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just recieved my SOF CF Plus card and it seems to work very will with my TTN2 setup. I already have the TTN2 that came with the package but wanted something to use in the wifes car.

Only issue I had was that I somehow managed to get it stuck in NMEA 38400 but this isn't an issue.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: