Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6.03 update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6.03 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6.030 also seems to have messed up third party apps that use the software development kit. POI Warner (www.navigating.de) for one does not work with 6.03 and the manufacturers claim it is a known issue. They also have claimed for the past few months that they will have a workaround in about 3 weeks, but this appears to be one of those forever rolling 3 weeks.

On my last email I was told to look to see if there is a TomTom upgrade available. Clearly navigating.de have lost interest in thier product.
clem
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="st1967"]
philpugh wrote:

I'm really at a crossroads with SatNav, any more updates for TomTom and I will need a new PDA, but to get the advanced safety pack in the new Honda CR-V you have to have the EX model which come with SatNav as standard so I guess I will give it a go. If it really is as pants as people tell me then I can still use my TomTom.

Let me know how you get on with the CRV satnav would you? I have the EX with advanced safety pack on order for 1st September, and wasn't entirely convinced by the navigation. The TMC signal seemed a bit flaky and it wasn't clear if it did full dynmaic traffic avoidance or just divert around a single traffic event.

The option was called Dynamic Routing, which implies it should take all traffic incidents into account.

The users on civinfo seem to, in general, prefer the new Honda satnav to TomTom. It uses trafficmaster data instead of ITis holdings (TomTom's source) which is bound to be a big improvement.
eugn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, no Honda EX comes standard with the Navi. The Navi is actually a separate model (which also happens to be an EX just to make things more confusing)...

Also, there is no traffic integration in the CRV Navi, only the Acura has this...so I am pretty sure that there is no consideration for traffic when re-routing.

I have owned a couple of Acuras with the Navi systems and I can tell you that I liked TomTom 6 better. The things I liked better about TT6:

- Better POI info (more complete, but less ways to search for info such as by Phone#)

- Better Routing (TT6 seems to be much better for me about routing me ways I *know* are better, rather than always wanting to take the highways and largest roads, regardless of my preferences for these in the system setup)

- Better Routing / POI integration (this has been improved on the 05 and newer Honda/Acura vehicles, but POI handling / searching "along the route" is still better in TT6)

- PORTABLE! (I often travel and having a portable unit that comes with me is key)

- Display (TT6 display just looks better, and there is no 3D view in the Honda/Acura systems)

- Itineraries (MUCH more advanced in TT6)

- Customization (Maybe not a big deal to many, but I love the fact that I can customize my system (colors, voices, POI data))

I can't stress how nice it is to be able to add custom POI data into the system. I always wished for this kind of functionality in my Acura system.

- Map updates (Map updates are pretty few and far between with factory systems, and you pay dearly for them ($175 for a new map DVD, released yearly if you are lucky, more often not updated for 2 years)

- Software upgradability!!! (While the Honda / Acura systems *could* in theory be upgraded, this simply just doesn't happen. There is no incentive for them to upgrade the software, much less to add features and risk causing support headaches or malfunctions)

That is not to say by any means that I think everyting about TomTom is better than the Honda Navi system, just that after using both systems I think TT6 is still better.

All that being said, if I were personally getting any new vehicle with Navi as an option, I would get it! Yes, I confuse myself also... Smile
clem
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eugn wrote:
AFAIK, no Honda EX comes standard with the Navi. The Navi is actually a separate model (which also happens to be an EX just to make things more confusing)...

Also, there is no traffic integration in the CRV Navi, only the Acura has this...so I am pretty sure that there is no consideration for traffic when re-routing.

I have owned a couple of Acuras with the Navi systems and I can tell you that I liked TomTom 6 better. The things I liked better about TT6:

- Better POI info (more complete, but less ways to search for info such as by Phone#)

- Better Routing (TT6 seems to be much better for me about routing me ways I *know* are better, rather than always wanting to take the highways and largest roads, regardless of my preferences for these in the system setup)

- Better Routing / POI integration (this has been improved on the 05 and newer Honda/Acura vehicles, but POI handling / searching "along the route" is still better in TT6)

- PORTABLE! (I often travel and having a portable unit that comes with me is key)

- Display (TT6 display just looks better, and there is no 3D view in the Honda/Acura systems)

- Itineraries (MUCH more advanced in TT6)

- Customization (Maybe not a big deal to many, but I love the fact that I can customize my system (colors, voices, POI data))

I can't stress how nice it is to be able to add custom POI data into the system. I always wished for this kind of functionality in my Acura system.

- Map updates (Map updates are pretty few and far between with factory systems, and you pay dearly for them ($175 for a new map DVD, released yearly if you are lucky, more often not updated for 2 years)

- Software upgradability!!! (While the Honda / Acura systems *could* in theory be upgraded, this simply just doesn't happen. There is no incentive for them to upgrade the software, much less to add features and risk causing support headaches or malfunctions)

That is not to say by any means that I think everyting about TomTom is better than the Honda Navi system, just that after using both systems I think TT6 is still better.

All that being said, if I were personally getting any new vehicle with Navi as an option, I would get it! Yes, I confuse myself also... Smile

Thanks for the detailed reviee. However I think you reviewed an older us model. the UK 2007 crv navigation is a completely different car and navigation and for once we get a much better deal over here. traffic is definitely included with dynamic reroute. also the car has features such as radar cruise control, etc which you don't get in the US.

check out www.honda.co.uk
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="clem"]
st1967 wrote:
philpugh wrote:

I'm really at a crossroads with SatNav, any more updates for TomTom and I will need a new PDA, but to get the advanced safety pack in the new Honda CR-V you have to have the EX model which come with SatNav as standard so I guess I will give it a go. If it really is as pants as people tell me then I can still use my TomTom.

Let me know how you get on with the CRV satnav would you? I have the EX with advanced safety pack on order for 1st September, and wasn't entirely convinced by the navigation. The TMC signal seemed a bit flaky and it wasn't clear if it did full dynmaic traffic avoidance or just divert around a single traffic event.

The option was called Dynamic Routing, which implies it should take all traffic incidents into account.

The users on civinfo seem to, in general, prefer the new Honda satnav to TomTom. It uses trafficmaster data instead of ITis holdings (TomTom's source) which is bound to be a big improvement.

It wasn't me that wrote that! It was st1967.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clem wrote:

What's fitted to the new (07) Accord? My friends unit was certainly using iTIS info as it was working up here where I live and we aren't getting any Trafficmaster info at present due to transmitter difficulties.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: