Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T-Mobile PAYG
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Mobile PAYG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham79

I think the 'End of 2006 TTT PAYG Survey' is now complete. Some info has been provided in the first few days of 2007 but most of it in the final days of 2006.

If you want TT Traffic over GPRS on a PAYG basis :

T-Mobile, Vodafone, Orange and Virgin, yes.
O2 and Tesco, no.

Let's face it, O2 had better buck their ideas up otherwise they will lose a massive market share as over £300million was spent on satnav products in the UK alone during 2006 (as stated by The Gadget Show). Many people will want traffic info without being tied in to a contract.
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has changed as far as I know.

The only new news I have is that O2 are introducing a 'Broadband' package of some kind probably in September.

This will include home landline calls, mobile calls and broadband internet, the same as many other providers are already doing. The introduction of this package may well open up the GPRS restrictions as you could get full access on your mobile if you have the full package of everything. This would effectively put you on contract not PAYG but could be considerably cheaper for GPRS access than you have to pay currently on PAYG.

Until then, as you say, T-Mobile is by far the best PAYG GPRS package with it's limit of £1 per day although I understand that Orange have now also dropped their prices to something very similar? There is just O2 and Vodafone still stuck in the dark ages.
elevonic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutley282 wrote:
Hi Crazylegs,

No you're right it's not the SIM that's stopping me. It appears to be the Motorola ROKR phone.

Mike Alder and myself have been doing some testing today using a HTC Artemis and this works perfectly using the T-Mobile PAYG SIM. We are to conduct tests on another phone tomorrow to finally conclude the issue.

However, we are both pretty convinced there is either something wrong with the ROKR itself or a setting within it that we haven't yet found.

I should point out that I removed the default 'Content Lock' from the T-Mobile PAYG SIM prior to us testing it today. I don't know but it could be that if you don't remove the lock from a brand new SIM then this may also stop connection although from what you said then probably not. The content lock is supposed to stop access to 18+ rated websites but may remove access to more than that.

I'm having a similar problem. I've tried to get this working using a nokia 6230i and a nokia n73. The pda (mio p550) stalls at the "dialled *99#" any ideas?
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi elevonic,

No I gave up!

I never got my Dell X50V to connect to my ROKR with the T-Mob SIM. However, there was no problem whatsoever using an O2 SIM in the same phone. I was completely beaten and never found a solution.

Well, actually I did! (sort of). I bought a Glofiish X500. Combined PDA and phone in one device. Brilliant except for the bug in it that presently will not allow it to connect to T-Mobile GPRS! The X500 does connect perfectly to O2 GPRS and a ROM fix for the T-Mobile bug is on the way. A beta release it presently being tested (not by me) and is reported as working.
blazebuster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Tomtom traffic updates on 3 Reply with quote

Question Question does anyone know if tomtom traffic updates are available on the 3 network, and if so what the likely costs are.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: