Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 910 falls apart. Customer Service refuse to help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 910 falls apart. Customer Service refuse to help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mbriody, but reading your post just make me think how we've come used to low standards of customer care in our country.

You had:
Failed goods
One phone call
Need to send a fax
Weeks delay
Then need to fill in details again online
Another 5 days wait for replacement
and an "abrupt" guy on the phone

and that is a positive experience? Sadly true, it doesnt sound "too bad" given the generally poor customer care that many large companies give!
mbriody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its positive in comparison to your experience :D
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Glad this all worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

Eldar - Do you know if this "Vice President (Support)" is aware of how often his first-line employees seem to produce replies like this, abrupt, insulting or condescending and often downright wrong? Does he ever read forums like this one?

Andy, let me ask you a simple question - would YOU go and work for the first-line customer support? :-) We are recruiting tech support people now and I can tell you that the quality of the applicants is ... shall we say not very good.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the tired (Ooops I meant "tried") (although "tired" would not be entirely inappropriate) and trusted method of e-mails (and much time) I really believe I might just be getting very close now to being allowed to pay them an extra £6 to be able to download new Western & Central Europe to overwrite the Western Europe on my 710 Smile It's only been going a week (yet).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:
Glad this all worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

Eldar - Do you know if this "Vice President (Support)" is aware of how often his first-line employees seem to produce replies like this, abrupt, insulting or condescending and often downright wrong? Does he ever read forums like this one?

Andy, let me ask you a simple question - would YOU go and work for the first-line customer support? :-) We are recruiting tech support people now and I can tell you that the quality of the applicants is ... shall we say not very good.

I remember the days when I was setting up customer service departments in the UK where I was able to pay top mark for 1st Line support and less for third...My philosophy is that you need your very best people at the front line and not back at base...Maybe I am showing my army days, anyway it really worked well for those companies and actually had less customer service costs...But unfortunately I am not able to convince any company in doing that anymore these days...

But yes, I agree the positive feedback isn't positive at all! Although the result is there it could be so much better and cheaper for the organisation as well....
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dejongj wrote:
I remember the days when I was setting up customer service departments in the UK where I was able to pay top mark for 1st Line support and less for third...My philosophy is that you need your very best people at the front line and not back at base.

How very, very true. I set up a helpline for my council highways dept and when I left, they took it away from the experienced women I set it up with, moved it 10 miles, gave it two staff and didn't allow them to give answers, only take details to get somebody to ring back. Last time I tried it, it started off with holding music and will answer you soon. I asked to speak to the people who deal with speed camera sites, but they plainly refused to even try putting me through, only took my details and said they'd get somebody to call me back. That was before Christmas (2006) and nobody ever did ring me.

But the problem of getting top banana at the front is, to quote Eldar "would YOU go be on front line support?" You get enough of it on this forum which is a purely voluntary front line support site. If I see a topic I fancy helping with, I do it. But if the "caller" gives me grief, I'm not bound by my boss's worries not to offend the customer. And how many front line people do get grief all the time? A decent proportion of callers are already convinced it's "your" fault and come out spitting. If you're a great tech support person because you really know the biz, how much do you fancy being stuck on the end of a phone being insulted by ignoramuses? Ask your average shop assistant. Eldar wants top people to take on a s****y job - there's an oxigenarian if ever I saw one. Even at an enormous rate of pay, would you take day after day, week after week of unintelligent complaining monsters? Could you take on the job of HAVING to answer EVERY TIME somebody's subs don't go through, the download doesn't work, the POIs don't show up, the ogg files are rubbish, etc, etc, etc. You KNOW it's a relief sometimes to sit back and say ******* to you mate, I'm not answering that one again!
There you go Eldar, I've just done you out of a potential recruit. Sorry.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: