Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - D3 Routing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

D3 Routing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: D3 Routing Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just purchased D3 after using TomTom2 for quite a while now and the first thing about it that has totally frustrated me is the way it appears to route.

Basically navigating a route from Lancashire, over the Pennines into Derbyshire the D3 route seemed to take me down every single track road and farm track it could navigate regardless of the routing setting (Quickest or Shortest).

I thought that it may well have just been an issue with the particular route, so I planned another one which was fairly local to me, and again it was quite happy to take me off the fast A roads and up every back street it could find (i'm now quite an expert at avoiding wheelie bins on back streets!)

Has anyone else come across any issues like this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Carl.
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Routing Reply with quote

I think you'll find its the software, lots of people with same experience, see other vthgreads. Also does the same through Lincolnshire and even going home from tyhe office !

Fixes supposedly coming
Caprice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Routing Reply with quote

GPSinC3 wrote:
I think you'll find its the software, lots of people with same experience, see other vthgreads. Also does the same through Lincolnshire and even going home from tyhe office !

Fixes supposedly coming

I think you guys even did not see Destinator.
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlwi

Can i ask what version of D3 you are useing?
AJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! I have exactly the same problem. Evil or Very Mad

I live in Sweden and have used Destinator 3 for about a month now. Regardless of the routing setting (Quickest or Shortest) it takes me on small roads off the main road.

I use version 3.025 and I sincerely hope that this issue will be fixed in the upgrade Destinator has released.

Best regards
AJ
carlwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've now been using the new upgrade 3.0.54 for the past week and it does seem to have resolved all of the problems I have been having. It does have a small bug of giving voice instructions saying that a roundabout is three miles away, when it is shown as two miles on the display but to be honest I can live with that.

All in all since the upgrade i've been happy with it's routing and speed.

Carl.
steveing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using for past five days i find the routing is still a little bit out takes you down side street etc when main road available

good examplr leaving richmond rad in trfford park to go to city road eat just off a57m takes you down the 676 thyen on to 602 when its quicker to 5081 past old trafford join a57m and come at next junction about 2 miles shorter got few more examples but that is worst up to yet also treied to take me down serviceroad to go through mersey tunnel without having to pay as brought past toll booths

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: