Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Solved!!.. Patch for WM2003 Users! please read !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Solved!!.. Patch for WM2003 Users! please read !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve9R
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Solved!!.. Patch for WM2003 Users! please read ! Reply with quote

These guys have written 2 x utilities that checks for and eliminates the problems associated with Soft Resets.. !!.. i ran their first app and i had 86 events.. after cleaning.. i have 5 !!!

http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_cn_overview.html

BTW : Pocket Mechanic also can clean this as well as many other things..
for $11 i reckon its worth its weight in gold as well..

Steve
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pocket Mechanic too - though be careful that you're running an up to date version (the latest is 1.43). Earlier builds have a bug in the Notification Queue module - they mistakenly mark calendar and task alerts as duplicates even when they're alerts for different events.

As is always the case with Anton Tomov, upgrades are free.

David
thedon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a really annoying problem with my 2210 (WM2003), where I cannot restore a backup - (taken with either Proporta ProBackup card, ActiveSync Backup / Restore features, and even iPAQ Backup / Sprite Backup Premium).

The restore runs as normal, soft resets the iPAQ - doesn't bring up the spinning timer about 3/4 along the progress bar (which it does when the reset is working) and simply hangs when the bar reaches 100%. Hard reset needed to resolve Evil or Very Mad :x Evil or Very Mad

Will either of these tools resolve this? - from what I can gather on a google search, the most likely cause is Today screen plugins - surely I'm not the only person with Today plugins and backup / restore problems??.

After lots of hard resets in recent weeks it's been really frustrating to have to start again from scratch - and most annoying of all, having to create a new partnership with ActiveSync after each hard reset. I must be misssing something obvious here (I work in a PC support environment, so it's either really an obvious "wood for trees" problem, or a very obscure s/w setting) but this seems very difficult for a ordinary user to do. Confused Question
Vandome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedon,

I have had exactly the same problem - and no one else out there seems to know how to solve it. I have made many posts on this forum, with lots of suggestions but no solutions. I have contacted HP, tomtom and the company I bought the IPAQ from - but no one can solve it. However, it did become apparent that tomtom was to blame, these two files in particular: "tttdoday.dll" and "ttbtdev.dll" never restored properly.

The good news however is that I have now got the IPAQ to work properly - after two months of blood and sweat (and tears). I can now do a full backup and restore without any problems - just don't ask me how I did it!

I am assuming you have tomtom installed, as I haven't had this problem using any other software on the IPAQ.

Keep persevering and good luck!
christianh1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I resolve dthis matter.

I had exactly the same problem with backups restoring not completely.

Following steps worked well with my iPAQ:

1. restore backup like usual via Activesync
2 BEFORE the prescribed Softreset after copying the files connect to PPC via PC and delete all TOMTOM NAVIGATOR related files from the PPC's WINDOWS folder
3. perform the softreset - PPC starts now like it should do
4. uninstall TOMTOM Navigator and TOMTOM GPS (I also removed all TOMTOM related entries form the PPCs registry)
5. perform a softreset (if it starts again it has been successful)
6. reinstall TOMTOM applications

To avoid this whole procedure the next time I also made a backup between steps 5. and 6. so I can choose if I want to restore with or without TOMTOM Navigator the next time.

I'd be pleased if others can post some experiences liek mine here so maybe we could send them to TOMTOM to get these bugs fixed - it is obviously their fault !!!
MikeRohan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just had the same problem.

I was desperated and thinking that I had to reinstall everything as my 2210 was not starting after the soft-reset needed after restoring the backup.

I saw this post, dis as christianh1 suggests and voilá, is working !
Now I do not have TomTom as I'm at the office and do not have the CD, but at least everyting else is back!!!

Nobody at TomTom ever restores a backup? Twisted Evil

Cheers,

Mike
The_Judge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTBTDEV.DLL caused my 2210 not to start after a restore.
My solution was simple, don't restore this file. It seems to be a Bluetooth driver so if your GPS doesn't use bluetooth, it will probably work without it.
PaPiloot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Solved again - Activesync->restore IPaq->soft reset-&g Reply with quote

When Activesync restore is completed, don't do a soft reset.
Instead, make a full bacup using the resident iPAQ backup/restore program; create backup file on flash memory card.
Next, perform a hard reset.
Then restore, using the resident iPAQ backup/restore program.
When this is completed, the iPAQ will start normally after a soft reset.

The reasoning is that after a completed Activesync restore, no error was reported and all programs worked properly before soft reset.
Trying the resident iPAQ backup/restore was a possibility that proved to work.
I'm not sure where the error is; ActiveSync or TomTom?
Never a dull moment with Windows again?
PaPiloot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: TomTom restored OK after hard reset on iPAQ h2210 Reply with quote

(correction of prev message, ommit 2nd hard reset)

When Activesync restore is completed, don't do a soft reset because it will hang. However, all files are restored properly.
Instead, make a full bacup using the resident iPAQ backup/restore program; create backup file on flash memory card;
Notice that for some reason not all files will be backed up, hence
DO NOT do a hard or soft reset because then a number of tomtom files will be missing.
All files are sill there, but when this is completed, the iPAQ will start normally after a soft reset.
PaPiloot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: TomTom restored OK after hard reset on iPAQ h2210 Reply with quote

(correction of prev message, ommit 2nd hard reset)

When Activesync restore is completed, don't do a soft reset because it will hang. However, all files are restored properly.
Instead, make a full bacup using the resident iPAQ backup/restore program; create backup file on flash memory card;
Notice that for some reason not all files will be backed up, hence
DO NOT do a hard or soft reset because then a number of tomtom files will be missing.
All files are sill there, but when this is completed, the iPAQ will start normally after a soft reset.
Beeblebrox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Thanx to all who posted! Reply with quote

Thanx for the help guys, i had the same problem on my iPaq 2210, also got a very quick fix (based on everyones other posts!)

*Backup as normal
*Restore (do not disconnect or reset)
*browse the pda's files
*delete TTBTDEV.DLL from windows folder
*soft reset

I know it was said earlier (thanx for that! saved me loads of time) but i've said it again as it works for me!

:D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't 'fix' the problem that way - as that leaves part of the Bluetooth stack pointed at a DLL that no longer exists on your machine.

If you must remove the changes that recent versions of TomTom GPS make to your Bluetooth stack, you're best soft resetting, going to the Start Menu, System tab, Remove Programs, tapping on "TomTom ~ GPS" and accepting the mandatory soft reset. This unhooks ttbtdev.dll from the Bluetooth stack if it was hooked in. A second remove is required to remove it fully.

If you happen to remove TomTom GPS completely, just reinstall it.

The problems restoring with Sprite Backup are supposedly cured by updating to Sprite Backup 3.1.3 and TomTom GPS 3.07.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: