Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdavep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that guys, most of its up and running although when i kill the malta process it is gone but still kind of present in the task bar, any ideas?

also, as this is WinCE 4.2, even though its not present, shouldn't the licence cover some sort of pocket outlook? if so where can I download it from? if not, what is available that can sync with outlook 2003 calendar and task list? i spent ages looking but couldn't find anything, maybe i'm looking for the wrong thing.

and finally, i'm trying to find a tool which will rotate the screen to portrait, i found the VSR utility but it only works on wince 4.21+, anyone know of anything else?

Dave
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retromax wrote:
Right, so i think this should work for anyone who can't do this (correct me if i'm wrong), i suppose you could say it's a blank canvas so you can add your own apps and not have to worry about doing the rest.
get this file:-
http://rapidshare.com/files/29056635/a2b.zip

instructions:-

unzip the file and place the reset app on you memory card
open activ sync
select "backup/restore" in the tools heading then select the restore tab
browse for the backup file that's in the zip
restore with the backup file
use the reset app that's on your memory card (not really sure the correct way of doing this but i select "yes" to reset then open it again and select "no" to shut down
turn it back on and hey presto! there's your desktop with the task bar etc ready for you to put your own stuff on!

If someone would like to try my file and tell me if my little modified windows ce wallpaper comes up for them.

Don't forget............you can always hard reset!

This is really great! I was unclear how to do this and this has solved many of the difficulties for me! But I still have a few problems. When I now load TomTom, I still have the tak bar visable cutting off the lower part of the screen. I tried to set the task bar to auto hide but I couldn't get it to reappear. As you can probably tell, I ain't no programmer! Can you advise how to restore the task bar without reinstalling your backup? Thanks for all the hard work!
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of the "auto hide" check box you wanted to uncheck the "always on top" box then the task bar dissapears during tom tom running.

to get the taskbar to reapear get this file:-
http://rapidshare.com/files/29484872/Siprc.zip

unzip it and put it onto your memory card, then run the "SIPrc.exe" and your keyboard will appear.
When you see your keyboard press "ctl" then "esc" and your taskbar will appear.........go back into the settings and uncheck the "auto hide" you checked then uncheck the "always on top" box as mentioned above.

to close the keyboard simply press the keyboard icon that has appeard on the far right hand side of your taskbar.
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
cheers for that guys, most of its up and running although when i kill the malta process it is gone but still kind of present in the task bar, any ideas?

The easiest way now would be to use the restore function on active sync with the backup file i posted yesterday.
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retromax wrote:
Instead of the "auto hide" check box you wanted to uncheck the "always on top" box then the task bar dissapears during tom tom running.

to get the taskbar to reapear get this file:-
http://rapidshare.com/files/29484872/Siprc.zip

unzip it and put it onto your memory card, then run the "SIPrc.exe" and your keyboard will appear.
When you see your keyboard press "ctl" then "esc" and your taskbar will appear.........go back into the settings and uncheck the "auto hide" you checked then uncheck the "always on top" box as mentioned above.

to close the keyboard simply press the keyboard icon that has appeard on the far right hand side of your taskbar.

That worked fine! It all seems to be sorted out now with the program shortcuts in the windows start bar Start... tree. Anyone any views as to how to add shortcut icons to the desktop? I have looked everywhere in the directory tree but can't find any clues about the origin othe MyComputer and Recycle bin icons.
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone any views as to how to add shortcut icons to the desktop? I have looked everywhere in the directory tree but can't find any clues about the origin othe MyComputer and Recycle bin icons.

highlight the item, click on file/send to/desktop as shortcut

easy
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retromax wrote:
Quote:
Anyone any views as to how to add shortcut icons to the desktop? I have looked everywhere in the directory tree but can't find any clues about the origin othe MyComputer and Recycle bin icons.

highlight the item, click on file/send to/desktop as shortcut

easy

I'll fetch my coat Embarassed
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem, glad i'm the one who's helping for a change!
gps-boj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need a button mapper, anyone got one working and if so what files are required
bigdavep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdavep wrote:

also, as this is WinCE 4.2, even though its not present, shouldn't the licence cover some sort of pocket outlook? if so where can I download it from? if not, what is available that can sync with outlook 2003 calendar and task list? i spent ages looking but couldn't find anything, maybe i'm looking for the wrong thing.

anyone got any thoughts?

Dave
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gps-boj wrote:
Still need a button mapper, anyone got one working and if so what files are required

well i've been looking but nothings working!
tchart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retromax/GPS-boj

Button actions are usually held in the registry so they can be changed manually if you want to.

Have a look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers there should be another sub-key called "Keys" which is where the actions are specified. It probably wont be directly under the Drivers key though.

Is it the applications themselves that arent working or do they have no affect when the buttons are changed?

Trevor
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have a look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers there should be another sub-key called "Keys" which is where the actions are specified. It probably wont be directly under the Drivers key though.

Can't see that one
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it the applications themselves that arent working or do they have no affect when the buttons are changed?

When you kill "malata.exe" none of the hardware buttons are functional.
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to upgrade TomTom 6.000 to 6.010 which lets you know the speed limit of the road you're on?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 12 of 20

Jump to: