Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom traffic - cannot connect what's gone wrong?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom traffic - cannot connect what's gone wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: TomTom traffic - cannot connect what's gone wrong? Reply with quote

Can anyone advise - I'm not a happy Bunny. I signed up to TomTom Traffic in March and up to now I have only used it a few times but on the occasions I have used it everything has been fine - until today. I was out for the day some sixty miles from home with traffic looking heavy. I pressed the TomTom traffic icon only to be asked for "username and password" :o - not something I have ever been asked for before and not something I knew off the top of my head. I had to drive home without TomTom traffic Evil or Very Mad Having got home I decided to put in the "username and password" for my TomTom Home account and that seemed to work, however I was then prompted to set up a "Data Connection" and this is where it has all gone wrong - although the phone and TomTom are paired OK Sony Ericsson K510i and everything is OK on the phone correct connection icons etc. the TomTom gets to about 60% then says it cannot make a data connection and starts the whole process again. I gave up after about an hour completely stumped. Anyone any ideas/suggestions. I have spoke to Orange and the phone settings and accounts are all OK. I don't have an email address or phone number for TomTom UK. P.S. Device is TomTom Go300 with software version 6.520
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm! I've finally managed to sort it. For some reason best known to TomTom I have had to download software version 5.440 and now it has worked just fine - I simply cannot understand it as it worked OK before today with other software???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: