Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nemesis launch iGO My Way at the PocketGPSWorld.com Expo.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nemesis launch iGO My Way at the PocketGPSWorld.com Expo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Nemesis launch iGO My Way at the PocketGPSWorld.com Expo. Reply with quote

Nemesis announce that they have been appointed the UK distributors for iGO.

Back in March 2006 almost nobody had heard of Nav N Go creators of iGO, until CeBIT that is. At CeBIT iGO was the surprise of the show. A company that hardly anyone had heard of had come from nowhere to competing with the big SatNav companies (at least in terms of stand size). They had a revolutionary product that had us raving about the user interface, and the slickness of the design, and ...

Having a big stand at CeBIT and producing and supporting a world class SatNav software solution are two completely different things, but Nav N Go have done just that. The latest MioMap Version 3 is based on iGO software and has proved to be extremely popular.

A year on and Nav N Go were yet again at CeBIT with one of the bigger stands, and a new version of the iGO software. This version just blew our socks off... So it look like iGO is here to stay, and not only that the iGO software is looking like it could well top the popularity charts with the users.

With this solid history for iGO I am pleased to report that Nemesis have been appointed the UK Distributors for iGO. Even more pleasing is that they have chosen the PocketGPSWorld.com SatNav Expo in Sandown Park to launch iGO in the UK. They will be launching with the current version of iGO 2006, with the new version (iGO 8) being expected to be released sometime during this summer.

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com review of the iGO My Way 2006 software.

Nemesis Official Press Release wrote:
Nemesis GB Ltd appointed as UK Distributor for iGO My way GPS navigation software
Nemesis GB Ltd, UK distributor of predominantly in-car communication products, has signed a UK distributor agreement with NavNGo Kft. This agreement signifies an important development in Nemesis’s business strategy, and the iGO range of GPS navigation software, will further strengthen its position within the UK market.

NavNGo Kft. was founded in 2004 by some of the leading development and distribution companies of Eastern Europe, and with the association of Israeli investors. One of the key successes for NavNGo is the iGO My way GPS navigation software with its exceptionally detailed European mapping, supported by Tele Atlas, offering door-to-door navigation to end users and corporate partners alike.

Developed in Hungary, NavNGo’s iGO My way GPS navigation software has been helping drivers get information effectively for almost two years.

Thanks to its breakthrough map compression technology, iGO My way can store the entire European or North American continents’ map data in just 1GB. Despite the high rate of compression, iGO My way offers full featured map data layers that contain even the tiniest of details.

Besides the strong graphics and the ergonomical design, it is this feature of fitting on one card which is way ahead of its competitors that has attracted market interest. This enables hardware producers to sell their handheld computers as a GPS navigation system, since immediately after inserting the iGO My way card, the equipment can be used as a GPS. Other GPS navigation software requires on-line registration, copying files from a CD, and downloading maps in addition to the basic kit.

Mr Chris Chance, Managing Director of Nemesis GB said “The synergies in our relationship with NavNGo are many fold especially their creativity and passion to deliver market leading cutting edge products. When you look at the inventive way they have approached the market and the advancements made with the product, they have in reality thrown down the gauntlet for the rest to follow.”

iGO My way is a true Plug&Go solution, offered on self-installing SD cards. Intelligent search helps you find an address or a point of interest (POI) anywhere around the globe in a few seconds. There is no need to make separate routes, with multipoint routing all you need is to add “via points” and let iGO My way take care of the rest. You can edit your itinerary turn-by-turn in a convenient list view.

iGO My way contains unique POI types to help make your navigation experience even better. A built in POI database comprises thousands of fixed and mobile speed cameras within Europe, giving you peace of mind by warning you whenever you are about to approach a speed camera.

iGO My way offers extremely fast rendering and routing engines, developed for low processing power and limited bandwidth environments, saving precious time even if you do not use the most powerful device for navigation.
iGO My way offers breakthrough map compression technology and is specifically designed for limited storage capacity, bypassing the need for more than one card for different maps.

TMC compatible devices are capable of receiving real-time traffic information.

iGO My way offers extensive language support, regardless of device specific language interface. It currently supports 25 languages for user interface and voice navigation alike so is ideal for business travellers, tourists, explorers, commuters or simply anyone on the move. You can choose from multiple male and female voices for almost every language.

With robust capabilities ranging from an amazingly user friendly application, no switching of maps when navigating through country borders, automatic route recalculation, automatic day/night mode switching and coupled with the fact that you can use iGO My way with any Windows PDA or WinCE platform makes this an exceptionally versatile navigation solution.

Overview of iGO My way navigation software:

• Fast speed and ease of use
• Extensive map coverage and cross border navigation
• Safety and comfort
• Robust feature list and short learning cycle
• Innovative ideas and high-tech functions
• Multilingual solution in a global environment

Xman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!

erm...will there be a release of the SpeedCam file for the Igo?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed there will in due course Smile
Xman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be hard to get used to another Satnav but Igo -when I tested it last year - had a few great things like the Econominc route planning option Automatic Night colours and ability to plan a trip across maps... Browsing a map is also much faster on my PPC and the same is when typing an address/postcode.

I thought the miomap speedcam database would work but will certainly look into this new version of igo when you guys release the speedcam database.

Xavier

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: