Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Maps for Go 910 - Western and Central Europe question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Maps for Go 910 - Western and Central Europe question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: New Maps for Go 910 - Western and Central Europe question Reply with quote

I know its still early days yet, but has anyone updated their maps on a 910 device?
I'm interested in any feedback as to changes or issues, particularly in relation to the Western and Central Europe maps. These are standard on a 910. For instance..
Have they improved maps for Ireland?
Any formerly 'missing' roads now included?
How is the London congestion charge area indicated?

The web site states you can purchase new territories but also:-
    London’s new congestion charge area in the UK map;
    New points of interest for most small urban areas in map of France;
    Increased house number information for maps of Italy, Spain and Portugal;
    Much more…
What's the much more..... ?

Finally, is it possible to restore a backup with the old maps once the new maps have been installed? My current maps are 650.1052.
Thanks.
SatMap
WeeHappyPixie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought the new maps and out of 6 errors I reported over 3 years ago (some many times) only 1 has been sorted. All of these in Scarborough.

John
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: New Maps for Go 910 - Western and Central Europe questio Reply with quote

Fraserp wrote:
Finally, is it possible to restore a backup with the old maps once the new maps have been installed? My current maps are 650.1052.
Thanks.

The Western Europe map is also standard for the 710. Before downloading I took the precaution of copying the existing map folder to my computer hard disk (not backup - copy using Win Explorer). It turned out I needed to do this anyway because there wasn't enough space on my SD card for the downloaded new map. If I were you, I'd copy the map folder to HD just in case the new install takes the old one away - nothing lost if it doesn't, red face if it does!

I have found two new bits on the new map near me, but have no idea about Ireland - I've just had a look and there's a street called The Downings in somewhere called Prosperous (west of Dublin) if that helps? The two local faults I've grumped about (to Tom Tom and Teleatlas) remain unchanged, so I'm still instructed to "go right on the roundabout, fifth exit" which is the third exit and I'm told to "cross the roundabout" which still doesn't exist after I've been driving through the crossroads for over 30 years. Sadly, I'm not in Scarborough, but neither am I a wee happy pixie. You can't have everything, although the pixie does have most (being in God's Own County). Smile

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: