Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempted the download again this morning 3/3/04 but still the same error message Http 404 appearing. It's always at the same link "Please click here to begin downloading."

Contacted Support at D3 yesterday, and they have been very responsive but unable to resolve my problem.

I guess if other people are downloading the file successfully, it may be linked to the D3 Serial Number of the product ??

Yogi-Bear
Psy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had the same problem for ages yesterday, in the end it went through. I suspect its the shear volume of people connecting.

Regards,

Steve.
steveing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed problem with help from this forum not burning cds proprerly off to work and try the newversion
thevoyeur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Strange download sizes.... Reply with quote

Ok, here's something a bit strange! I started off the 1 GB + download at work today, but it was taking ages..... so when I got home just now, I decided to start the download off again here just to ensure I got it. However, when I went got into the screen where it asks if you want to download or order a CD, the menu option for ordering the CD was in German, and the download option said it was only 309 MB. Now that it is downloading though, the correct size of 994 mb is showing!

Weird!
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded OK, think it was c6 hrs , but left it running overnight, Broadband connection, unpacked OK, a bit of playing to get files onto CD and now installed OK, trying out on road next step. Also ordered CDs so may have those as well.
thevoyeur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Damn.... Reply with quote

As mentioned in my previous post, I started the download off at home last night and got the strange file sizes and French in the menu. Unfortunately it failed overnight sometime, and so my hopes were pinned on my work download being successful. NOT! It too failed at some point overnight. So, I though I'd put my CD order in for now and try to download it again. BUT, it looks like once you've ordered the CD, your licence is flagged and you can no longer download it! Through an error on my software vendor's part when I ordered North American maps for my European D3, I got a full version of the North American D3 as well. So now I have kicked off the upgrade for this version, even though I installed the software from the European CD's. I am 99% sure that the software is identical anyway and only the maps are different.... but we'll see. I need the download to complete first though!
thevoyeur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: German not French.... Reply with quote

Must be on drugs this morning, I meant GERMAN in the menu, not French.....
jacquessy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got to download 3/4 of the upgrade only too loose my conn due to blueyonder,i've now retried and keep getting license not eligiable for upgrade,still waiting to hear from support,,,,pj
jacquessy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got reply from support,the cd is being posted out to me,,,,,,,,,,,j
andauk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Causing issues.. Reply with quote

Hi,

When installing the Destinator 3 upgrade the roundabout issue etc. is sorted but it seems to introduce a new issue making it impossible to use the trip planner functionality.

Afer adding a number of waypoint the system will only clalculate the route directly to one of the way points.

Anyone else had the same problem or am I doing something wrong?

//A
jacquessy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: destinator 3 update Reply with quote

been over a wk now ,no cd no reply from support as to where and when i'm gonna get the package
anybody else with same probs
jacquessy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: more probs Reply with quote

so they fix one thing ,and then screw up another
where do we go from here
full refunds as product not doing what it says it will do i suppose
comments welcome
jacquessy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: destinator 3 upgrade cd Reply with quote

as anybody actually had this yet
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here no cd .. destinator aren't answering my emails.. here's some good news Kane tell's me they'll be releasing there update shortly.. personnally I can't wait.. I can forget about destinator3 forever then... I've learnt my lesson the hardway, I'll never buy Destinator again. KANE CAR PILOT RULES Thumbs Up
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No CD as yet, but I managed to download the patch.

Roundabouts - better, but still not right. Voice directions, and roudabout icons now are better than they were. However, Icons appear to be right biased. For example, crossing a roundabout to go straight over, will often show a right turn on the roundabout icon, though the voice is correctly identifying the, say, second exit.

A complex roundabout still causes it problems. It struggled to tell me the 4th exit on a 5 exit roundabout. It was as if there were no voice instructions for 4th. Voice said "Take roundabout __exit".

Voice has changed - I now get a UK sounding female voice. However, the upgrade, or the code still has remnants of the american female voice. On one particular set of roundabouts in Milton Keynes, I was getting both the new British Voice and the old American voice in quick succession for the same roundabout!!!! The British Voice was giving me the "fixed" Take Nth Exit instructions, whilst the American voice straight afterward was giving the brain dead Turn Right, Turn Left instructions for the same roundabout!!!!

Routing - (v.slightly) better, but still takes me down a single track road with no passing places on my way to work, when there is a much quicker main road route of similar distance (about 4/10ths of a mile longer).

Re-routing doesn't occur any more quickly, and you can still very easily beat D3 past each junction it wants to take you down next in a built up area whilst its thinking what to do, leading to continuous "thinking", and very little useful routing.

The above issues were discovered in one 45 mile journey after installing the upgrade. So Destinator clearly haven't learnt from the mistakes, and appear to still be inadequately testing their product!!!! On another forum, they have had offers of Beta test assistance, self-included with no response. Unless they are prepared to test their product, then I cannot see how they will ever get a workable release!!!

This "fix" has addressed in part some of the major issues. It is better than before, but with so many remaining issues I consider it still to only be of Beta quality.

Simon Watkins

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: