Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6.03 update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6.03 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArnoldLT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TT6.03 update Reply with quote

hope68 wrote:
Hi,
3. if u have Memory-Cards in ur slots it is now possible to switch maps. In the previous version i always had to put out the SD-Card to make use of the CF-Card.

Had the same problem. Version 6.030 solved that. Works fine on an FSC Loox 600 (with WM2003), which is not on the list. Can fill all of a 2Gb card, which version 6.010 did not want to use either (just something like 1 Gb).
ericb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Strange problem with sound now Reply with quote

GarySN wrote:
The download and install of 6.03 went OK and all appears to be working fine except for one thing. Whenever I start the software, the sound is switched off and I have to select Change Preferences, Turn on Sound. Just to make the problem a little more weird, it never works the first time, only on the second attempt.

Just to clarify, since I installed 6.03, whenever I start up TomTom, I have to select Change Preferences, Turn on Sound TWICE before the sound is activated.

Any thoughts?

Gary.

Instead of going through the Preferences route, just touch lower left of screen, this brings up the volume slider.
Normally needs two selections but easier than going through preferences.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the volume muted issue on both my current SPV M3100 and previous M5000 running 6.030.
Holux GPSslim
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the sound issue as well and this is on a Palm Treo 750v which is on the list of phones the update is specifically for Rolling Eyes
Goober556
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the muted sound issue only occurs if you have GPRS connected when launching TT. Can anyone else verify?

It looks like TT6.03 is interpreting a GPRS connection as a phone call and automatically muting the Nav sound.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN 6.03 works fine on my iPAQ 1940. I think I can live without TT Support. I seem to have always been able to find any answers I need on this forum Laughing
GarySN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goober556 wrote:
I think the muted sound issue only occurs if you have GPRS connected when launching TT. Can anyone else verify?

Verified! Well spotted - don't know where that leaves us though. I've learnt to live with it for till the next release.
Goober556
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarySN wrote:
Goober556 wrote:

Verified! Well spotted - don't know where that leaves us though. I've learnt to live with it for till the next release.

Thanks. I've reported it to tomtom support and they've passed it to the 2nd line technical guys. I haven't heard back from them yet but I'll post here when I do.
eddie2k2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogg files dont work here on xda orbit and 6.03
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogg files work fine on my Artemis loaded with 6,030. I would have a close look at exactly what you have done, start with the file names are they named to match the ov2 files exactly and avoiding a double extension to the file name?
pocketgps_uk_mobile.ogg.ogg will not work
pocketgps_uk_mobile.ogg will work
Next make sure you have re-configured each camera warning within Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI otherwise the software will not know the ogg files are present - Mike
eddie2k2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate

I re-installed and it worked, also there were some pmobile files I had to delete.

cheers
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips ! I just updated my Ipaq hx2410 to 6.03 and it works a treat, and is much quicker turning on too.

Not bothered about TT support as my hx2410 is not even on the list for TT6, I should have chosed other device when I bought my map upgrade to stay on TT5 but hasn't caused me any problems (I picked hx2470 thinking it was close to mine), runs just fine though.

I really wanted the specific dual memory card fix in 6.03 as I have UK & Ireland on my CF card and just got US and Canada v665 for our holiday this summer. I could get them both to work but only when the other card was not in. Now I can switch happily between them on CF and SD !! So that will ding dang do for me !!

I think that is how I will leave this current Ipaq though, even thinking of getting my next car with Manufacturers Satnav built in !! Or is that me just being stupid Laughing
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update, I used 6.03 in ernest yesterday on a 250 mile roundtrip and would just point out that it has slowed my Ipaq hx2410 slightly compared to 6.01

I noticed it takes fractionally longer to work out the route and it is noticeably slower when it has to reroute while on the journey.

It's still acceptable though (wow, you should have seen how slow my old Ipaq 3870 was with TT4) and I'm glad the SD & CF card dual use is sorted so I can put up with it.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:

I think that is how I will leave this current Ipaq though, even thinking of getting my next car with Manufacturers Satnav built in !! Or is that me just being stupid Laughing

Not necessarily stupid but possibly extravagant :D

Map updates are pretty expensive and loading your own POIs is problematic on some I believe. Also you can't get it out of the car to get it to help you walk around an unfamiliar city (also letting you know how to get back to the car/hotel/train...) - I find the nuvi very useful for this.
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:

Not necessarily stupid but possibly extravagant :D

Map updates are pretty expensive and loading your own POIs is problematic on some I believe. Also you can't get it out of the car to get it to help you walk around an unfamiliar city (also letting you know how to get back to the car/hotel/train...) - I find the nuvi very useful for this.

I will still have my PDA with TomTom on as it stands now with the v660 maps.

I'm really at a crossroads with SatNav, any more updates for TomTom and I will need a new PDA, but to get the advanced safety pack in the new Honda CR-V you have to have the EX model which come with SatNav as standard so I guess I will give it a go. If it really is as pants as people tell me then I can still use my TomTom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: