Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I have a Navigon TS 6000T Europe with Navigator 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I have a Navigon TS 6000T Europe with Navigator 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've had no response from Talex either, so draw your own conclusions. It's difficult to believe that after the TMC fiasco of MN5, Navigon would be so bold/stupid as to try it on again. Oh, well - perhaps by the time they've sorted out MN6, it will be going cheap on eBay.

--

Cheers

Dave
chrislang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Transonic TS6000T with Navigon Navigator 6 - TMC update Reply with quote

I still struggling on with my setup, things have been much better since the MN6.1 update to the software earlier this year, but having recently had some physical damage to the unit which left it with a non resolvable Win CE error message I had arranged to send it back to Germany once again for repair and thought I'd have another go at them about the lack of the promised TMC in the UK. This time I got a the following responses:

Dear Mr. Lang,

thank you for your reply.

In order to avoid any further misapprehensions, we would like to point out a few facts concerning TMC in the United Kingdom.

NAVIGON Mobile Navigator 6 on the TS6000T supports free TMC services. Free TMC services are available nationwide in many countries on the European continent. In the United Kingdom though the majority of TMC services are PayTMC services, which Mobile Navigator 6 can not pick and process. Thus you will only be able to receive such TMC messages, which are being broadcasted by providors of free TMC services, e.g. TrafficMaster. Free TMC services are unfortunately not available nationwide in the UK.

Please note that you need to connect the external TMC cable antenna to ensure good reception.

With kind regards

A. Mettlach

NAVIGON AG
Berliner Platz 11
D-97080 Würzburg
GERMANY

Phone for United Kingdom: 0905-8480701
E-Mail: support.uk@navigon.com
Web: www.navigon.com

My Reply :
Sent: 23.03.2007
To: support.uk@navigon.comThank you for making the situation clear regarding TMC in the UK, it is a pity your colleagues could not have been more honest when assuring me that you had made sure that TMC was available across the UK when I asked prior to purchasing my unit!

Does this also mean that, contrary to what I have been told more recently by Tech Support that a full service will be available some time this year, it is not going to happen!

Thank you again for your help, but I remain very disappointed, that the promised TMC is not available here in the UK yet as that is what Navigon were advertising on your website and your colleagues confirmed in October 2006 when I subsequently purchased the Unit. I believe there is a case for some compensation as Navigon are clearly misrepresenting the features of the product for the UK.

Sincerely

Chris Lang

Sent: 23.03.2007
To: support.uk@navigon.com
Subject: Re: Navigon Support CRM:00152112

From here on they are in reverse order!!

Hello N. Allard

Thanks for your reply.
I have the cable but still get no TMC reception in UK, this has been my problem as I bought the Transonic TS600T with Navigon Navigator 6 software rather than one of the competition mainly because I was assured by your dept that it received TMC in the UK. After receiving it it never has !! even after purchasing the aerial cable splitter! Then I was told by your dept that it was not yet available but would be later !!!

My unit is being returned to you for repair at the moment ( RMA No: RMA-EZI712857 ) so I was asking that if TMC is now available will you please configure at check it on my Transonic Unit whist it is with you.

I would very much having a fully working unit complete with TMC reception for the UK returned to me! as this was by reson for buying from you rather than the UK available alternatives. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP.
MTIA

Chris Lang

----- Original Message -----
To: annie-chris@phestos.co.uk
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 11:03 AM
Subject: Navigon Support CRM:00152112

Dear Mr. Lang,

We are pleased to satisfy you.

Concerning your request of the TMC in England it is available on the main Motorways. You have the possibility to add a external cable antenna to perfect the reception. You will find all or accesories on our website and navigon shop.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

N.Allard

NAVIGON AG
Berliner Platz 11
97080 Wuerzburg
Phone for England: 0905-8480701

Sent: 22.03.2007
Subject: Re: Navigon Support CRM:00170928

Dear Ms T. Neumayer

Thank you for your very quick reply, my Unit & SD card are now in the post to you.

I attach a copy of the letter I enclosed with the package, together with copies of the previous e-mails on this matter.

Regarding my previous correspondence with Technical Support about the availability of TMC in the UK, when I was at first reassurred that it was available as part of the Transonic TS6000T + Navigator 6 package, then later ( after I had purchased the unit ) told that it was not yet available but would be at a later date.
Please can you update me on the situation and if it is now available please arrange for it to be set up on my unit whilst it is with you.

Many thanks again for your help

Sincerely
Chris Lang
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:13 PM
Subject: Navigon Support CRM:00170928

Dear Mr. Lang

As spoken by phone I send you the needed RMA number and adress to send your device to.

Navigon Service Center
c/o EZI GmbH

RMA-EZI712857

Kreuzgasse 42
D-35708 Haiger
Germany

Please note to put a description of your problem (blue screen etc)

Best regards

T. Neumayer

NAVIGON AG
Sent: 20.03.2007
To: Chris Lang
Subject: Navigon Support CRM:00170868

Dear Mister Lang,

Please send the SD-card saved and insured to the following adress!

Navigon AG

Service Center

CAS-06087-BTN0

Berliner Platz 11

97080 Würzburg

We apologize for the problems and thank you for your patience!

Best regards

i.A. Andreas Scholtes

NAVIGON AG
Sent: 19.03.2007
To: support.de@navigon.com
Subject: [NAVIGON] Transonic TS6000T with Navigator 6

e
Dear M Scholtes

Thank you for your help in our telephone conversation of earlier this afternoon. I now give further details of my unit and the problem.

My TS6000T unit was acidentally damaged in my car glove box resulting in damage to the Speaker minus key cover, the key appears to be working OK but the display now only comes on with a blue screen with the following displayed in ' Portrait' mode:

UTool P500 R12B

0 = WINCE Upgrade
1 = UBOOT Upgrade
2 = BT Test
3 = Other Tools

Choice : 0

the line 0 = WINCE Upgrade being highlighted

As you are aware, switching on & off,soft & hard resets, and removing the SD Card or tapping the screen make no difference.

I cannot give you a precise date of purchase as I am away from home at present, but it was toward the end of last year and bought direct from the 'Navigon' website and registered there under our annie-chris@phestos.co.uk e-mail address.

The serial no. of the PNA is XW1M6913206 and the WIN CE is Net 4.2 Core 00039-190-565-466 ( X11 - 15297 )

I have had problems with the unit previously and both it and the SD card have been back to yourselves previously. But all has seemed well ( except for the lack of the originally promised TMC ) since I downloaded the MN6.1 upgrade earlier this year.

I look forward to receiving the RMA number and a return address so that you can carry out the promised repair.

MTIA

Chris Lang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Navigon Support CRM:00152112

Hello N. Allard

Thanks for your reply.
I have the cable but still get no TMC reception in UK, this has been my problem as I bought the Transonic TS600T with Navigon Navigator 6 software rather than one of the competition mainly because I was assured by your dept that it received TMC in the UK. After receiving it it never has !! even after purchasing the aerial cable splitter! Then I was told by your dept that it was not yet available but would be later !!!

My unit is being returned to you for repair at the moment ( RMA No: RMA-EZI712857 ) so I was asking that if TMC is now available will you please configure at check it on my Transonic Unit whist it is with you.

I would very much having a fully working unit complete with TMC reception for the UK returned to me! as this was by reson for buying from you rather than the UK available alternatives. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP.
MTIA

Chris Lang

Dear Mr. Lang,

We are pleased to satisfy you.

Concerning your request of the TMC in England it is available on the main Motorways. You have the possibility to add a external cable antenna to perfect the reception. You will find all or accesories on our website and navigon shop.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

N.Allard

NAVIGON AG
Sent: 22.03.2007
Subject: Re: Navigon Support CRM:00170928

Dear Ms T. Neumayer

Thank you for your very quick reply, my Unit & SD card are now in the post to you.

I attach a copy of the letter I enclosed with the package, together with copies of the previous e-mails on this matter.

Regarding my previous correspondence with Technical Support about the availability of TMC in the UK, when I was at first reassurred that it was available as part of the Transonic TS6000T + Navigator 6 package, then later ( after I had purchased the unit ) told that it was not yet available but would be at a later date.
Please can you update me on the situation and if it is now available please arrange for it to be set up on my unit whilst it is with you.

Many thanks again for your help

Sincerely
Chris Lang
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:13 PM
Subject: Navigon Support CRM:00170928

Dear Mr. Lang

As spoken by phone I send you the needed RMA number and adress to send your device to.

Navigon Service Center
c/o EZI GmbH

RMA-EZI712857

Kreuzgasse 42
D-35708 Haiger
Germany

Please note to put a description of your problem (blue screen etc)

Best regards

T. Neumayer

NAVIGON AG
Berliner Platz 11
97080 Wuerzburg
Phone for England: 0905-8480701

Commercial Register Hamburg HRB 95046
Management Board: Peter Scheufen (Chairman), Klaus Lechner, Andreas Westhoff
Supervisory Board: Dr. Klaus Esser (Chairman)

If you have any further questions, please attach previous e-mails.
Any questions about our products?
Our openening times are from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday.

------------------- Original Message -------------------
Sent: 20.03.2007
To: Chris Lang
Subject: Navigon Support CRM:00170868

Dear Mister Lang,

Please send the SD-card saved and insured to the following adress!

Navigon AG

Service Center

CAS-06087-BTN0

Berliner Platz 11

97080 Würzburg

We apologize for the problems and thank you for your patience!

Best regards

i.A. Andreas Scholtes

NAVIGON AG
Sent: 19.03.2007
To: support.de@navigon.com
Subject: [NAVIGON] Transonic TS6000T with Navigator 6

Name: Chris Lang
e-mail: annie-chris@phestos.co.uk
Phone: 01297 442003
Your Message: FAO of M Scholtes
Navigon Support UK

Dear M Scholtes

Thank you for your help in our telephone conversation of earlier this afternoon. I now give further details of my unit and the problem.

My TS6000T unit was acidentally damaged in my car glove box resulting in damage to the Speaker minus key cover, the key appears to be working OK but the display now only comes on with a blue screen with the following displayed in ' Portrait' mode:

UTool P500 R12B

0 = WINCE Upgrade
1 = UBOOT Upgrade
2 = BT Test
3 = Other Tools

Choice : 0

the line 0 = WINCE Upgrade being highlighted

As you are aware, switching on & off,soft & hard resets, and removing the SD Card or tapping the screen make no difference.

I cannot give you a precise date of purchase as I am away from home at present, but it was toward the end of last year and bought direct from the 'Navigon' website and registered there under our annie-chris@phestos.co.uk e-mail address.

The serial no. of the PNA is XW1M6913206 and the WIN CE is Net 4.2 Core 00039-190-565-466 ( X11 - 15297 )

I have had problems with the unit previously and both it and the SD card have been back to yourselves previously. But all has seemed well ( except for the lack of the originally promised TMC ) since I downloaded the MN6.1 upgrade earlier this year.

I look forward to receiving the RMA number and a return address so that you can carry out the promised repair.

MTIA

Chris Lang

8) 8O Arrow
I apologise for the amount of stuff once again but I feel it's important for anyone else to know the amount of confusion and conflicting messages coming from Navigon Support, I'm stuck with then having purchased their system but I would advise anybody considering a Transonic TS6000T or Navigon Navigator 6 to read and think again!

Regards

Chris
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

In other threads on this forum, it's recently been reported that TMC is working in the UK with the latest MN6 patches in combination with the TS7000 unit - albeit via the Y-splitter. As to the question of "premium" TMC services, Navigon actually state on their site that they have borne the cost of this for the UJK... but, again this only seems to be in relation to the TS7000.

It isn't presently clear whether it's the patches or perhaps unpublicised revisions to the hardware that have resolved the UK TMC problem. Either way I think what you should do is give Navigon the option of offering you either a complete refund or to send you a TS7000-based replacement (at no extra cost to yourself, given the hassle you have had). If they won't budge, call in your credit card company and get teh whole sorry mess finished. (Although the unfortunate damage to your TS6000 may be a sticking point.)

If you get a refund but would still like a (fully-functional!) Navigon system, you could then order one from a small, independent UK retailer like Talex. At least if *that* goes pear-shaped, you'll be dealing with a single point of contact who is based in the UK, rather than the myriad of dysfunctional teams in Germany who clearly don't know their own product!

--

Cheers,

Dave
chrislang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Navigon have today replaced my unit with a 'new' TS6000 Transonic at no cost, no more mention re TMC and I haven't tried it on this unit yet but will let you know.
Regards
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: