Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM 3? Anyone heard anything
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM 3? Anyone heard anything
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 3? Anyone heard anything Reply with quote

Got this reply when I asked them? Not sure if they are leading me to believe its on its way TT2 is a year old neatly
Anyone heard anything?

Keep an eye on our website for new products in the next few weeks (months) as we release them. Press leaks have stated 1 March 2004 but we can not confirm this.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had expected a launch at CeBit later this month but there was a report in a German paper that it would be launched today. Nothing to indicate that on their website although they may of course post the news at start of business.

Don't get too excited though, expectations for TT3 suggest it contains minor enhancements only Sad
NickE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Don't get too excited though, expectations for TT3 suggest it contains minor enhancements only Sad

Mind you, if those minor enhancements include an updated set of maps, that could make it more exciting. I assume that it will...?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully theve bounced the teleatlas team down m6 toll hehe Mr. Green

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this http://www.xs4all.nl/~go2/ttn3preview/ for a Dutch preview of TTNav3. As we all feared it appears to be a cosmetic improvement only Sad
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i guess we will have to wait for TT 4 Sad
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
NickE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like a few new things have made it in - just trying to work out what some of them are but certainly "Toon Snelheid" (Speed Sound) looks interesting, guess that's a configurable warning when you pass a certain speed.
No doubt someone will now tell me that it's in the current version, and I've simply never seen it Wink
lostnfound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to have added waypoints - that's a big improvement. Also there is now a 'Major Roads of Europe' so you can plot a route across different maps. If you can easily switch from that to the local roads map it would work fine.
blackbit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickE wrote:
Look like a few new things have made it in - just trying to work out what some of them are but certainly "Toon Snelheid" (Speed Sound) looks interesting, guess that's a configurable warning when you pass a certain speed.
No doubt someone will now tell me that it's in the current version, and I've simply never seen it Wink

The Dutch word Toon has two meanings : 1) A tone (musical) 2) Show. In this context it means "Show speed", and therefore it is no new feature at all...
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how dare them call this version 3. Pistol Shoot Out more like a version 2.25 to me. i cannot understand why it is difficult for them to allow map stitching, when others are able to do it. is it the way they compress the maps? if i have to switch maps manually anyway, i'd rather navigate to border. they could also have done the entire europe in a 1 gigabyte map. Stop it!

actually, i would be satisfied if they include switzerland in the map of france, like for germany. but it's still version 2.25 to me. Evil or Very Mad
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: GPS Reply with quote

I see from the screenshots that the GPS is still using V2.09, no fixes there then.

A least you get some new icons for the cost of the upgrade!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the translation Blackbit. I agree with A4ace too, as the improvements do seem more in keeping with 2.xx than version 3. The 3D icons are unnecessary, as TomTom should have concentrated on other issues. There was no mention of map updates either. If this is version 3 then it should be a free update (especially if the maps are the same as TTNav2).

However, may I suggest that as it is a preview it may not be the final released product? With both Destinator and Navman products getting bad press at the moment TomTom might be tempted to show a very early version of TTNav3 to a selected few and get the information released to the general public. Then in a few weeks time TomTom could release their intended TTNav3 with all the whistles and bells, so that they can bask in the praise from their user base and the press about how well TomTom respond to users’ requirements. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That’s my conspiracy theory. However a second conspiracy theory is that the manufactures of Desinator, Navman, and TomTom have joined together to all release versions that will guarantee to upset their users! Twisted Evil 8) Wink

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does The Netherlands have a March Fools Day? Joker

Unless it's an early release, or they've greatly improved the algorithms such that it calculates more intelligently and quicker, then calling it TTN3 seems like a bit of an empty marketing ploy.

What's Tom been doing for the past year?
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Sad

I won't be upgrading until they sort out better route planning calcs (more flexibility for changing individual roads or more road categories) or maybe integrate TMC.

I can live with the bad map data until then.

Matt Crying or Very sad
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
However, may I suggest that as it is a preview it may not be the final released product?

the box in picture TTN3-Doos-Achterrkant.jpg on the zip file says tomtom navigator 3, and highlights the features. Sad no cross-border routing (i guess they're offering instead the major roads of europe: principales routes européennes).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: