Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navteq or tele atlas, uk or europe tom tom one v2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navteq or tele atlas, uk or europe tom tom one v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotsman51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: navteq or tele atlas, uk or europe tom tom one v2 Reply with quote

hi,
having had my unit stolen, I want to replace it with a tom tom v2, but the uk version has teleatlas maps whereas I liked the navteq maps on my previous one. My question is this; if I buy the uk version and can't get on with the teleatlas maps, if I then buy the Europe map disk and use that in the tom tom, will that change the uk mapping to navteq which is the mapping system for the europe model. You may be wondering why not just buy the europe one in the first place, just hopefully trying to save the 40squids extra that it would cost, after having to replace my stolen compasseo 500, and .as I will never ever be going to europe anyway. Everybody seems to moan about how out of date the tele-atlas maps are...Any advice appreciated
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it was me then personally, for the sake of £40 i'd get the european one. chances are i wouldn't drive around europe but would no doubt there will be a time when we dare to hire a car while on holiday!

MaFt
scotsman51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky that you have an extra £40 to spend as you wish, some of us who saved for 4 months to buy a satnav and the after only five weeks ownership gets some toe-rag getting it for nothing, have to budget where we can. I mean what despicable type of person smashes a car window and steals from a car when it's parked in a disabled bay at an orthopaedic hospital??
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just assumed that when you said you would just go and buy the navteq maps that you would have the money to do so and hence you would ave that money to use to buy the ero version initially...

MaFt
scotsman51
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am still very miffed about it getting robbed, and I am probably over-sensitive still. I didn't realise till I checked just now, how expensive the seperate maps were, and you are right that it would be worth buying the europe one in the first place. please excuse my bad temper..
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah no worries :D

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: