Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Loader software version 2.4.0.0 Beta
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Loader software version 2.4.0.0 Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: POI Loader software version 2.4.0.0 Beta Reply with quote

Hi

I have a street pilot C310, followed all the instructions to down load and it came up not enough room on GPS to store points, I had removed them all the POIS at the beginning. Refollowed the instructions, after warning the sat nav that that it's services would be terminated I left Nell and took the dog for a walk . Today I have reinstalled previous version of poi loader and put all my POIS and speed cameras back on.

I did follow all instructions, on using the express route, nope you got no room, went for the manual route, still no joy.

Can any one suggest as to what I am doing wrong Confused

I keep upto date with all the speed cameras, pois etc the whole lot but this has got me bugged Embarassed

Thanks

Jerry
afterall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilwyn,

Not sorted yet as far I know. I am going to wait a while for an update before trying again.

The only issue I had with the result was "liz" constantly going on about approaching cameras.

They will be releasing wav files for "when are you going to finish painting the bathroom" or "you never listen to a word I say" next. I will definitely need to be able to switch those off !!

Jerry,

When I added the wav files to the camera POI's the file size increased quite considerably. If you have limited space available on your C310 you might not be able to fit them onto the inbuilt memory.

Do you have the facility to insert an additonal SD card to the C310. You could load up all you POI's to an SD card and then insert into your satnav. This was approach I had to use with my first i3.

You have to make sure that when you export the wav files using audacity, make sure they have exactly the same name as the camera csv file it is associated with. There is a post within this thread that gives the exact file names.

If you want to pm me I can send you the POI file that I created. Be aware though that it wil be about 12Mb and it may not fit onto your C310.

A
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody succesfully installed voice warnings on a Nuvi 660 yet? I'm thinking of getting one, and ideally I'd like two warnings similar to TomTom. I find the speed limit reminder I have at present invaluable. I understand I'd have to have the voice files, but I can't figure out from this thread if anyone has done it yet. I assume that doing this if possible will avoid the default bongs!
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed them (as has at least 1 PGPSW moderator). Although it will provide an initial alert, and then an overspeed alert, it uses the same WAV file for both, so you don't get the benefit of the different bongs to know what the warning really means.

There are some people who have had minor problems with the POI Loader beta though.
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get the Voice alerts working on the i3 yet?
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
Has anyone managed to get the Voice alerts working on the i3 yet?

I'm pretty sure that voice / sound files thru the new poiloader won't work with an i3 - can't see how it would be capable of it.
funkydred
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok added wav files, and named to match Csv files,
can't get to play voice, just bongs
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok added wav files, and named to match Csv files,
can't get to play voice, just bongs

What hardware?
funkydred
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardware Nuvi 610t

set up these files
pocketgps_uk_gatso.wav
pocketgps_uk_mobile.wav
pocketgps_uk_redlight.wav
pocketgps_uk_specs.wav
pocketgps_uk_temp.wav

to with relevent csv and bmp, in same folder labelled cams.

Using 2.4.0.1

can't see an option to "link" these files

Help, as this would make this unit even better

Many thanks
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a link to a good help file on the GARMIN site for the beta loader.

If you have the files set up correctly then POILoader will generate the file on your nuvi. It worked for me. I used the speed_zoned files, I converted the Liz Whittaker voice files and it worked fine. Check the spelling and ensure that the files for the .wav are exactly the same name as the camera files.

Create a high-level folder for all your POIs, then use separate folders for different categories of POI. Point POILoader at the top level and let it do its stuff. You don't have to link them - it does it automatically as long as the file names are exactly the same.

I believe darren of this forum is working on converting the freely available TOMTOM speed warning .ogg files into .wav files - so expect these soon.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced WAV support is working in the 2.4.0.1 beta.
funkydred
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="philpugh"]There's a link to a good help file on the GARMIN site for the beta loader.

If you have the files set up correctly then POILoader will generate the file on your nuvi. It worked for me. I used the speed_zoned files, I converted the Liz Whittaker voice files and it worked fine. Check the spelling and ensure that the files for the .wav are exactly the same name as the camera files.

Create a high-level folder for all your POIs, then use separate folders for different categories of POI. Point POILoader at the top level and let it do its stuff. You don't have to link them - it does it automatically as long as the file names are exactly the same.

I believe darren of this forum is working on converting the freely available TOMTOM speed warning .ogg files into .wav files - so expect these soon.[/quote

Do I use a for folder each camera type
funkydred
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it

IT wont work with latest POi loader 2.0.4.1

but works with previous 2.4.0.0

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/agree.html

Many thanks.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to say I was (and still am) using the 'older' beta POILoader.

I won't bother updating then!
Louie7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using POI Loader v2.4.0.1 Beta to upload my Speed Camera POI files to my Nuvi 610 including WAV voice files and as far as i can tell it all works OK for me. The following is how i produce my POI file:

On the PocketGPSworld Speed Camera POI page. From the drop down selection box, i prefer to select other POI files in CSV format and download the Combined POI files. The only problem i have experienced with these files is that occasionally the first record of the CSV file does not have a ; inserted at the beginning of the header line telling POI Loader to ignore this record. When this happens POI Loader gives an error warning during the file conversion and does not convert the effected file(s). I just open the relevant file(s) and either add the missing ; or delete the record, re-save the file(s) and rerun POI Loader again.

For the voice prompts, i use AndyPrompts22050khz voice files from Rays Tom Tom web site at: www.tomtomsatnav.info/realvoice.html

I have converted the AndyPrompt22050khz OGG files to WAV format using a freeware program called, OGGWinCs available from: www.braindrum.de/tools/

This is a small freeware program which does not require installation, just unzip the program to a folder of your choice and run the EXE file. It also allows batch conversion which makes the job of converting files quick and easy as all you have to do is select convert from OGG to WAV, click the button and the program does the rest.

One reason i prefer the beta version of POI Loader is that it allows folders to be used as Sub Categories. Make a parent folder and within this folder make all the subcategory folders you need using names of your own choosing. For my Speed Camera POIs i have ( very originally :-0 ) created a folder called, Speed Cameras UK. I copy the speed Camera CSV and BMP files together with the converted WAV files into this folder. I have renamed the WAV files so they are the same name as the Speed Camera POI files, but with the WAV extension. After you have renamed the WAV files the first time they are then available for future POI updates.

Running POI Loader pointing to the parent folder will automatically convert everything in all sub folders to the Garmin GPI file format using the folder names as the subcategory names and dumps the new POI.gpi file onto my SD Card. As a precaution, i never copy or run the POI.gpi file from my Nuvi device directly. If for any reason it should cause a problem with my Nuvi, i can simply switch off my GPS and remove the card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: