Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 350 in Greece
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 350 in Greece

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave_rein
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 350 in Greece Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience using the Nuvi 350 in Greece?

I need to navigate within Athens (which seems to be okay according to coverage maps) and from Athens to Pelopennese peninsula. Coverage maps don't seem to be specific about regional roads so I thought I'd ask the 'experts'.

Thanks
Dave
Jamas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 350 in Greece Reply with quote

dave_rein wrote:
Does anyone have any experience using the Nuvi 350 in Greece?

I need to navigate within Athens (which seems to be okay according to coverage maps) and from Athens to Pelopennese peninsula. Coverage maps don't seem to be specific about regional roads so I thought I'd ask the 'experts'.

Thanks
Dave

A nice map of Greece here: http://www.elsinga.net/map_greece.html but without autorouting.
I used it last summer on my i3: worked very well. Wink

Jamas
dave_rein
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 350 in Greece Reply with quote

Jamas wrote:

A nice map of Greece here: http://www.elsinga.net/map_greece.html but without autorouting.

Hi Jamas

Thanks. As I'm fairly new to this GPS malarky, I'd like to make sure I understand... Confused

I can download the map on that link and install it to my Nuvi. I can then use it as an electronic map, but the Nuvi can't calculate routes for me?

Will the Nuvi be able to follow me (i.e. show the moving car) as I drive around?

Thanks
Dave
Jamas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 350 in Greece Reply with quote

dave_rein wrote:
Hi Jamas

Thanks. As I'm fairly new to this GPS malarky, I'd like to make sure I understand... Confused
I can download the map on that link and install it to my Nuvi. I can then use it as an electronic map, but the Nuvi can't calculate routes for me?
Will the Nuvi be able to follow me (i.e. show the moving car) as I drive around?
Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,
Yes to all of your questions.

Jamas
dave_rein
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's proper groovy.
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have!!! last summer and last christmas, and i'm about to use it next week for easter holidays! :D

First of all MAKE SURE it wont KILL YOU!!!! be very carefull of the routes it suggests as it tends to tell you to drive wrongly on oneway roads. Also the maps dont have the latest traffic regulations, so before you follow the route make sure that its allowed to go this way and that the road EXISTS!!! Also be careful when driving there:
Motorbikes overtaking from every possible angle, mad taxi drivers and bus drivers, lately some idiots tend to put stickers on signs and cover them so you dont know what the sign says (eg dont turn right)

Last christmas it told me to go through an alley it didnt exist!!!

It may also not give you the best possible route, but at least it WILL get you there. I had no problems with that!

Where do you want to drive to pelloponese? V9 maps have some more road than V8 but dont really trust the GPS as few of these roads dont exist, or there are other much shorter and faster, although V9 maps are better. Basically navigating through pelloponese is fairly easy as there are only 3 main motorways (corinth-patras, corinth - tripolis, tripolis-kalamata) so try to also follow the signs with the city names (dont try to follow motorway numbers as very rarely mentioned on signs)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: