Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madnlooney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my kenwood sterio i use a connector which goes plugs into my CD changer slot and the other end into my dock
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoopjeff wrote:
Where do you hook the cable to the car radio?? Id love to get this working. I was one of those fools that bought the new fm transmitter mounts only to find that its Sh*te!! Poor reception sound is really low i disapointed so i would love to hook this up to my car radio by a cable.

Regards
Scoop Confused Confused

I'm very fortunate. A mate is an electronics wiz!

He made up a small box with takes the input from a head phone socket (in this case the docking station's audio line out) and he corrects the voltage etc. When it detects a signal it also generates a feed on a separate line. It even has adjustment for the incoming sensitivity and outgoing volumes.

I plug the left and right audio cables in to the back of my S4's Audi head unit and also the signal wire.

On the head unit I can say how much I want the music lowered when the inputs are being used.

The result is a perfectly integrated solution. When satnav commands come, the music lowers, I get the speach and then it returns to normal. Exactly the same happens with phone calls now.

For playing mp3 you of course need silence from the head unit and not other music playing quietly. To do this I turn off the head unit!!!! but the Bose amp etc all still work so it still comes through. I just have to control the volume via the TomTom.

It's a perfect solution. He made 10 or 20 of them for people of a car forum about 4 years ago and although he did a second batch he's just too busy to do more.

The best thing is it on;y cost be about £20-30. 8)

Sorry to dangle this carrot and at the same time tell you that you can't get one. It is the perfect solution. It's just a shame he's not making more as I'm sure he'd sell loads.
GPS_RoadHog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across a website www.nexxia.co.uk who sell leads for connecting tomtom / ipod to various car stereos. I am going to try them to connect my tomtom go 910 to my ford 6006E stereo. I will let you know how i get on!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ford vehicles are often fitted with a 3,5MM stereo jack socket in the bottom right of the glove box, all you need is a 3,5MM to 3,5MM stereo plug lead then select "Aux" on the head unit. Your 910 will have been supplied with such a lead, but its probably not of sufficiant length - it will be OK to try thoguh with the 910 hand held in its mount.
If you find the audio suffers from interference consider a "Ground Loop Issolator" between the 910 and the can connection - Mike
GPS_RoadHog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortnately my 51 plate ford focus does not have sucj a connector in the glove box - I think this is a feature in the newer model fords.

Mike
scoopjeff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_RoadHog wrote:
I came across a website www.nexxia.co.uk who sell leads for connecting tomtom / ipod to various car stereos. I am going to try them to connect my tomtom go 910 to my ford 6006E stereo. I will let you know how i get on!

Cheers for the heads up mate. just bought something to try on my megane! 30 days return to base too so if it dont work it can go back. Will report back once fitted if anyone intrested.

Regards
Scoop
TheFink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Quick question on this thread - I'm looking at various options to hardwire the audio of my 920T to to Audi TT. This is a great thread to cover off all the audio ouptuts....

But I have a quick question. Most of the options for hardwiring involve connecting via the CD-Changer socket. If I do this and then happen to be listening to the radio presumably I'd loose all my audio from the TomTom - or will or overide the car's audio and still play?

thanks in advance
sgs90360
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Go 910 Handsfree Internal Speaker Only. Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
andrewcrane wrote:
enable_lineout_hands_free
Andrew, Welcome to the forum, nice find - this works a treat having tested it with my unit, no feedback and nice clear audio through the car system when using the phone Laughing

In addition doing this slight modification also enables the Makayama Video player audio to route through the car system which it never did previously - Cheers - Mike

Would this also work for the FM transmitter?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part you quote is from a while back when someone discovered how to get the phone audio out of the x10 devices, this tweak was short lived though as the next "upgrade" from TomTom disabled this way of improving the device, subsequent versions of software have also prevented this from working.
Welcome to the forum by the way - Mike
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone tell me if i have done this right. I have'nt tried it yet, just want to know if i've missed something.

Go into Wordpad and select (File at top of page) then (NEW) which opens up a blank new file. DO NOT type anything in it (Leave Blank) and go back up to File then SAVE AS and then type (enable_lineout_hands_free.txt) and then save to the root of my TT. Then rename the file to remove the .txt from the end of it. So you have a new file with nothing in it saved as enable_lineout_hands_free at the root of my TT. Is this correct or should something be wrote in the file.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's right at a quick glance. NOTEPAD might be better than Wordpad, though.

Don't forget this only worked in early versions of software.
It was stopped in May 2007 with v6.525 software if I remember correctly.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I think that's right at a quick glance. NOTEPAD might be better than Wordpad, though.

Don't forget this only worked in early versions of software.
It was stopped in May 2007 with v6.525 software if I remember correctly.

Sorry Andy it was notepad i used. That is just typical of TT. Someone finds something that works and is a good addition and then TT change their application to stop it working correctly. Evil or Very Mad
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 910 is still putting everything (including handsfree phone calls) out through the audio port.

I did read that this functionality was removed but mine kept working. I've since upgraded to the latest software and maps and it's still working. Cool
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bee - zare!

If you could work out HOW it still works, you'd make a lot of people very happy! Smile
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be one of them people Andy. If you can put a step by step guide in this post Scotty-uk that would be great just incase there is something tiny that we missed out. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: