Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia E65
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia E65

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Nokia E65 Reply with quote

Hi All
Anyone using TOMTOM on an E65
Cheers
Mike
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working a treat. Its great on the X series from 3 as all data (fair use) included.
darrencripps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it running trouble free on the E65?

I have been looking at both TomTom and Co-pilot (as have used both on PPC platform) but when I contacted them re compatibility I received standard "keep checking our site for news" replies.

For TomTom, I would purchase via their site directly - which handset should I say I have to ensure compatibility with E65?

Thanks in advance...

Darren Confused
darrencripps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted the question I thought it is only polite to post the answer...!!

I have successfully installed Navigator 6 on my E65 and all functions (Live services included) are running perfectly.

My only niggle is that when I try and name a favourite, it will only capitalise the first letter if the letter is generated by pressing that particular key once - ie, it will capitalise 'Work' as the first letter only requires one press of the 9 key. However if you enter 'home' it will not capitalise the first letter as you need to press the 4 key twice. Hope that makes sense!. It is quite possible that this is a software rather than hardware compatibility issue? A minor problem I can easily live with.

I am sure I am not the first to point this out, however upon subscribing to the traffic alerts, I paid the little extra to include the speed camera subscription. Big mistake - TomTom speed cameras are rubbish Sad - one problem of many is that traffic light cameras are designated as '40' cameras..... Have subsequently downloaded PocketGPS cameras.....fantastic. Smile
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does run trouble free reroutes much faster than my ipaq.
The caps issue is not a problem to me as all I want is easy navigation.
Mike
Sorry for the delay in replying !! Rolling Eyes
darrencripps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - no probs - I only made the second posting as the first was prior to taking a flyer on it.

I would agree with you on the faster rerouting having used TomTom briefly on a friends XDA - it seems in general the integration with Symbian is altogether much better than with Windows Mobile.

Having said that, being a bit of a gadget freak, I've been through a number of Symbian and Windows Mobile devices and whilst Windows Mobile has the edge in terms of gadgetry and features I feel that using it as a everyday device is 'fiddley'.

I can't see myself leaving Symbian now to go back to WM.

.....unless of course the next WM edition is greatly improved and available with a nice new shiny 'gadgety' device that will tempt me to purchase, spend days setting up all of the connectivity/personalisation options and then hardly ever use any of them...!

E65 is without doubt the best device I've owned in a long time in terms of form factor + Symbian 3rd - have had none of the characteristic system freezes expected with previous gen Symbian devices.

Nokia E71: with OVI Maps amd TTN6 (with Live Subscription) : Nokia BH800 Handsfree : CoPilot Bluetooth GPS unit (MDA Vario with CoPilot Live 6 gathering dus
iaincondliffe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just out of interest,

What phone did you say you had when you ordered TT6?

How are you finding the E75?

Cheers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: