Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Chuffin Drivesmart
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Chuffin Drivesmart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi WLMOATE,

I have a program that converts the CSV file to a Hex file. I have tried it on one of the pocketGPSworld camera files and it works, would this be any use?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My attempts to load the pocketgps database as a csv. file in the DS loader also resulted in it crashing.

Have you any views on the Origin Pogo, please Darren? How good is it's camera database? There are two versions of the unit, a satnav with speedcamera alerts and one with just speedcamera with little else in the form of bells and whistles.

I've just had another email from V7tee I referred above, suggesting that the DS had attempted to reverse engineer its 'laser star' giving rise to their downfall. The mystery will one day reveal itself. 8)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confess I hadn't seen either of those devices before but when I tested the Origin B2 some time ago I found the database back then to be very good indeed, probably the best I'd tested.
rushkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WLMOAT,GF,NUTTYNURSE

Good luck in your conquest as I haven't got a clue what you lot are doing. I understand the logistics, so good luck. having said that I am still using my DS along side my TT with the camera database from pocketgps, but for how much longer I don't know as I feel my TT is more reliable. The only good thing about the DS at the moment is that it tells you when you are going to fast.

On the plus side welcome to all the new members who have crossed over from the DS forum. I wonder how many EX DS members are now on this forum who don't know this topic is running, eg MR T and wolf funk.

Regards
V7Tee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, first time on this forum so please be gentle with me. :)7

This is what I wrote to nuttynurse.
"I was at a computer programmer friend of mine last night who owns a DS, we looked at the Pocket gps website, & he read all the DS posts, he thinks they’ve gone quiet because there being pursued over the technology in the laser star,(which was quoted in nuttynurse's earlier posting, quoted below) just he’s opinion. My friend went on to say that it wouldn’t be impossible to crack the DS software & then went on to say something about binary & hex files that’s where he slightly lost me. He then went on to say it’s not worth he’s time to investigate it any further,”

My friend & I are not claiming to know anything about the DS team, it was just a thought, & we’re in the dark as much as anybody else.

Quote:
BTW, sorry to hear about the DriveSmart fiasco but they always seems so full of it. I think the last straw was when the world found out that the new Laser Star was actually a reverse engineered LPP that they had been slagging off ten months ago!

I went on to say
"I'm wondering how difficult would it be to start our own forum up & correlate members camera sightings just like the DS team did, I’m sure there’s enough techie DS owners out there to pull it off, maybe it could be sponsored with advertising links, or a PayPal donation etc. Obviously in the short term it’s better to wait & see what happens."

I don’t know how possible this would be, but I feel if the DS team don’t return it would be a crying shame to have to bin our DS’s.
I can see some of you have been trying to make the Pocket gps database work, that would obviously be easier than setting up our own forum etc
:idea: :D
rushkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas are good ideas at the moment V7tee.

Regards
V7Tee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know if they don’t resurface they may make there software available for somebody else to develop.
It’s also possible they’re trying to make us realize we need them, so we can carry on using our DS’s with the software that was intended for them.
Who knows?
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feed back on the Origin database Darren.

Good to see you made it over here V7Tee. I'm sure the more experienced guys over here will be able to give you all the advice and support you are seeking.

I'm still hanging on to my DS for the time being also.
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A product that you may all like is the Cheetah GPS mirror ( not the radar unit) it is not released yet, BUT has a free database so just like a DS but they have been going a good few years now.

http://www.speedcheetah.com/scshop/section.php?xSec=24&xCmd=cc&xCur=1

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren
thanks for your view on the snooper, like I said I am still happy with the drivesmart but there will come a time that I will have to change it (updates no longer available etc) what in your view would be a good buy - no need for sat-nav. I to have looked at the 'Pogo' but there is not much user information available yet.

Snoopydog
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the best solution at the moment is a RoadAngel. I hope the POGO may be a better option but will have to reserve judgement until I have reviewed one.
Snoopydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren
I will stick with what I have got while doing more research.

Snoopydog
nomadros
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WLMOATE wrote:

I have tried to ring Neil on his mobile but he does not answer, so I have sent him a text. Lets hope I get a response.

Guys...be very careful here. Just came across Some "Neil" issues on another forum. Follow this link and then follow the 2 links on it.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=23126

One is to some trouble with Neil on ebay and the second is a listing for DriveSmart as a fraudulent company.
V7Tee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fella's I remembered the other day there was a posting on the DS forum regarding the fraudulent company claim on http://www.supremefactory.com so I sent them an email off a couple of days ago asking them for more information on there claims, I haven’t got anything back yet. I’ll keep you all posted. WLMOATE would it be possible for you to text Neil & ask him if he’s not going to put anymore updates on the DS website would he be prepared to hand the database software over to Pocket gps world, so we can save our DS’s from being recycled.
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren of PGPS I believe has his contact info.

I dont suppose there is much point me texting again as his lack of reply dont help.

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: