Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - This is pure rubbish - I would like my money back
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

This is pure rubbish - I would like my money back
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingermonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: This is pure rubbish - I would like my money back Reply with quote

I used to come here a few years ago when it was free - what's happened?

Having paid via Paypal (instant payment) I have spent the last 45 mins chasing my tail around this completely rubbish website. The sytem won't let me subscribe fully and hence download the speed camera database that I need for tomorrow. Please refund my £2 as I'm off to TomTom's site that works.

Adam
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: This is pure rubbish - I would like my money back Reply with quote

gingermonkey wrote:
I used to come here a few years ago when it was free - what's happened?

Having paid via Paypal (instant payment) I have spent the last 45 mins chasing my tail around this completely rubbish website. The sytem won't let me subscribe fully and hence download the speed camera database that I need for tomorrow. Please refund my £2 as I'm off to TomTom's site that works.

Adam

You are saying that the system won't let you subscribe and yet you are demanding your money back !!!

Are you subscribed or not?

To old to die young.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PAYMENT CHOICE 1 Instant subscription via PayPal.

Please note that if you use PayPal "eCheques", i.e not credit card/switch, it can take up to 8 working days to clear through the UK banking system.

gingermonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having registered and paid, your website instructed me to:

If you would like to download the latest Speed Camera Warnings please scroll down the page, BUT FIRST, PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AND SIGN UP TO OUR EMAIL ALERTS BELOW. When you enter your email address (please double-check your spelling) your confirmation will be shown in another browser page, i.e. you will remain on this page to be able to download the Speed Camera Warnings and access the Competition and Retailer Discounts.

The underlined text above led me to believe that I had to perform this task in order to confirm my subscription. However, every time I entered my email address the resultant browser failed to open the correct page - I even pasted the addrees into the main browser as directed. After about 20 attempts I gave up.

Subsequently I discovered that I could download the speedcamera database without going through this palaver - I think that your website is not easy to navigate, there is too much text and not enough clear unambiguous guidance.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS Lost_Property stated it clearly states on the payment page:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAYMENT CHOICE 1 Instant subscription via PayPal.

Please note that if you use PayPal "eCheques", i.e not credit card/switch, it can take up to 8 working days to clear through the UK banking system.

This was BEFORE the payment button.

If you had looked further to Option 2 you can pay by ALL cards.
I paid yesterday by Visa Debit, it was instant and I immediately downloaded the files.

Worth reading it all first before rushing ahead.

Don't blame the tools, blame the operator.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't these people ask for help or realise that many people can use the site without problems?

Makes you wonder where the real problem is....
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interface problem somewhere between chair and keyboard Wink
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: This is pure rubbish - I would like my money back Reply with quote

gingermonkey wrote:
Please refund my £2 as I'm off to TomTom's site that works.

Adam

If you want to waste your money on an not so up so date database then go right ahead.
And it is more money

Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise that we have to try and be courteous and helpful but you would have to see some of the emails we get sometimes!

They vary from "I've paid £2 and installed it on my GPS and all my mates GPS's and all the guys at the Taxi office but we don't like it so refund me my £2" to 'I've subscribed but haven't a clue about using a computer or a GPS so when can you come around to install it for me and train me?"!

Oh and "I've paid £2 and my boss has agreed to cover it as a business expense so please raise a VAT invoice and post to me"!! The fact that doing so would all but swallow up our fee doesn't occur to them!

All of the above are true btw!

Why do people automatically assume that a problem exists with our site when many thousands manage perfectly well? If they make an eCheque payment using PayPal which takes time to clear that's our fault apparently. Similarly if they cannot install the database because they haven't a clue what they're doing we're to blame.

Oh well, I'm going to have a lie down and take my pills Smile
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I realise that we have to try and be courteous and helpful but you would have to see some of the emails we get sometimes!

Why do people automatically assume that a problem exists with our site when many thousands manage perfectly well? If they make an eCheque payment using PayPal which takes time to clear that's our fault apparently. Similarly if they cannot install the database because they haven't a clue what they're doing we're to blame.

Oh well, I'm going to have a lie down and take my pills Smile
Darren, can you set the PGPSW Paypal account NOT to accept eCheque payments? Or set up 2 accounts 1 for "Normal" payments & 1 for eCheques?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've looked at this and there doesn't appear to be an option for us to reject eCheque payments. It would be easier if PayPal made the distinction clearer so that subscribers understood why there is a delay.

Reading the PayPal forums there also appears to be some random element where payments become eCheque's through no fault of the payee!

We welcome any other suggestions on this.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: This is pure rubbish - I would like my money back Reply with quote

gingermonkey wrote:
I'm off to TomTom's site that works.

This reminds me of my first car - it worked quietly until all the heavy oil got used up. The same problems still happen 45 years later! Bonne chance mon brave, please do come back and tell us when you've got your points - Tom Tom don't have a website where you can post like this.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Thready
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yee Haaaaaa - something I can comment on :-)

In the vast majority of 'e-cheque' cases, you will find that the issuer [buyer] is under the impression that they have paid by a paypal instant payment, therefore are understandably aggrieved when they don't get instant access to their download.

What in 99.9% of cases has happened is that their credit/debit card details need updating, but their is nothing on the paypal to indicate that their payment has been converted to an e-cheque payment.

I find this a lot with ebay and have found that a courteous mail to the buyer asking if they were aware that its an e-cheque payment and that it can take up to 2 weeks to clear. Then offering to reject the e-cheque so that they can update their details and pay with paypal usually solves the problem.

Personally I think paypal have a cheek charging ME for an instant payment that is anything but !!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. The problem is the admin burden it then places on us replying to the 'why isn't my subscription activated' emails and explaining that the problem is with PayPal not us. Offering to reject payments so they can be resubmitted would be impractical Sad
gingermonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Do you think I just wanted to waste my time... Reply with quote

I complained because as a new user I did not find the website in the least bit user-friendly - I did not make that up, its a fact (for me).

I'm not dumb and I am reasonably computer literate. So you can either continue to say that I'm a stupid arse, and that it's a seat -screen interface issue (ho, ho ho,) or perhaps you could look at making it a bit easier to navigate for dumb arses who are trying to give you money - its your call and no skin off my nose what-so-ever.

Notwithstanding my stupidity, my mates who've downloaded from you in the past agree that at first your website can be a bit confusing - still I guess stupid birds of a feather........

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: