Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V9 Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V9 Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poppycat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just getting the MapSource Product: City Navigator Europe NT v9 map from Garmin.

My I3, didnt come with a transcard so I bought a 512mb for it. However as I dont use the I3 much mainly in Summer I gave my daughter the card.

Now with getting the new map Garmin said I may as well get a 2gb transcard for it, would that be best of get one slightly lower say 1gb?

Thanks
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my update dvd for NT9 but had a problem updating my 2720.

It loaded to my PC but had problem updating the 2720 and wasnt sure just how much I could load of Europe .

Garmin came up trumps and I received a patch from them 30 minutes after speaking to them . This loaded the whole of the dvd to the 2720 ,took 1.5 hours but it means I will have to do some serious travelling now to check out all thats loaded 8O

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poppycat wrote:
.....Now with getting the new map Garmin said I may as well get a 2gb transcard for it, would that be best of get one slightly lower say 1gb?

2Gb sounds great as you'll get most if not all EU maps on there, but I've read elsewhere on this forum that cards over 1Gb slow things down when navigating on an i3.

Probably worth checking back with Garmin.

1Gb is def not big enough to fit all the EU maps on so you'd have to be selective.

1Gb cards for only £7.99 over here
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
poppycat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, I wondered if they may be a problem with 2gb cards. TBH I doubt I go on the continent anyhow just ned to for days out and annual holiday we usually take in UK, although this year we wont be going anywhere due to recently moved house.

Thanks for the help
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ordered my update for the nuvi 310 maps.....hopefully the A505 will be on there Laughing Laughing
djben9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djben9 wrote:
just ordered my update for the nuvi 310 maps.....hopefully the A505 will be on there Laughing Laughing

forgot to add, i assume the maps are easy to get from the CD to the Nuvi??, not really had much luck using mapsoure waypoints and uploading to the nuvi. If anyone can help let me know Question
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, you can view the map on the Garmin website which will show you which roads are included in the latest update, but, however, if you mean the new A505 Baldock bypass, then I can confirm it is in the v9 mapping.

It won't use MapSource to upload the map to your Nuvi - it will install MapSource, and it will unlock the maps in MapSource for you, but it will then directly transfer the new map to your Nuvi (with the new unlock code). It just happens automatically as part of running the update DVD.
dmc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on version 7 I think, dec 05 unit but it was never registered. Can I get the maps for free now if I register it now ?
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmc wrote:
I'm on version 7 I think, dec 05 unit but it was never registered. Can I get the maps for free now if I register it now ?

Try it and see what happens. I bought my nuvi 350 last june which was before september when v9 maps released but i registered one month ago and i got the free upgrade!!! :D
PowerLee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmc wrote:

It worked for me Wink

Worth a try.
poppycat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys just got my city navigator V9 disc. I have installed it and used the 8 digit code to unlock it. Everytime I load the mapsource program it asks for the code though. Okay I have to get a MicroSD card now as my 512mb I gave to my daughter for her phone. I assume a 2gb will work okay.

Once I get the card and put it in I3, do I then link i3 to pc using usb2 lead, and how do I update the i3 v8 to v9? thanks for any help.
Tamila
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've got a Nuvi 310D with V8 maps for UK and Ireland. I've now got a disc with V9 maps for all Europe including UK. What's the best way to put the new Uk & Ireland V9 maps only onto the Nuvi and the remaining Europe maps onto a 2GB SD card? I emailed Garmin about this twice (waiting a month between attempts) and they haven't had the courtesy to reply. Thanks for any simple instructions.

Also, does it make any difference if the SD card is just standard speed, rather than fast, as is desirable in photography? And will I detect any difference in speed between the Nuvi drive and the SD card?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poppycat - what code did you use - the one in the box, or a new code - if you used the one in the box, it's likely to be for v8, and you will need to get a v9 code. Depending on when your unit was registered with Garmin will affect whether you get the v9 for free, or have to pay for it. There should be a menu option on the DVD when you insert it into your computer that offers to upgrade your unit - this is how you move the i3 from v8 to v9.

Tamila - just install the DVD and select to upgrade the Nuvi. This will install the UK & Ireland map to the 310, and install the whole of Europe to your PC, allowing you to then install additional map segments via MapSource, exactly as you had with v8.

Standard speed SD cards should be fine for the Nuvi.
poppycat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Swing. The code I got was from Garmin, they sent me it via email. They kindly gave me the maps free.

I got two codes/

I got a code for City Navigator Europe NT v9, Deluxe All Regions, Sept. 06
TimmehB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got mapsource installed and everythings unlocked but how on earth do I transfer it to my nuvi 300?

It keeps saying select a waypoint, I dont want to select a waypoint. I just want it to update my maps from v8 to v9!!! any ideas what im doing wrong?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: