Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handtec - Top choice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handtec - Top choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
Tradesman

you need to know why the rule was first introduced since I think I was one of the members that suggested it. We were getting a lot of posts from new members praising one particular supplier that read almost like an advertisement. Wonderful praise with absolutely no real detail. The new member then never posted again. Many of us were (and remain) suspicious that these were not real members or real feedback.

In this case I think the removal is entirely correct. It is obvious that pcb1962 has confused Handtec with Handnav, two entirely different suppliers, as can be seen from his other post.

peterc10 I think you miss the point of my post/gripe it was not just about a member with 10 posts or less being deleted (have read the rules) but people who justly complain about service from a retailer are considered a pain in the a**e

Yours etc etc a real member[/u]
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tradesman wrote:

peterc10 I think you miss the point of my post/gripe it was not just about a member with 10 posts or less being deleted (have read the rules) but people who justly complain about service from a retailer are considered a pain in the a**e

Yours etc etc a real member[/u]

I am sure you a real member. I was just trying to explain why the rules came in. It was not meant to be personal to anybody.

I certainly do not agree with your comments on complaints being deleted - there are plenty on here that are clearly not, including one or two from me. But again my main point, which I am sure you will see if you check, the poster's other (non-deleted) post is that in this case it was clear that he had mixed up two entirely different companies.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: HP repair Reply with quote

Have inadvertently posted this as a new topic when it was meant to remain part of this thread, as there is no edit facility perhaps admin or a mod could delete my other post for me. thanks

Ok peterc10 point taken.
Just to update the state of play with my case at the moment (just in case anyones interested) have recieved email this morning from HP repair center saying my ipaq 6515 has been repaird (defective motherboard) and should be delivered to my address on the 30/08/2006
As the unit was only a couple of weeks old this seems like a major fault to me and have now lost confidence in the unit, however as I maybe foolishly accepted a repair I am stuck with same I have also emailed handtec to ask that the missing speaker mount be sent ASAP as I will be taking a trip on 15/09/2006 and will need it.
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: HP repair Reply with quote

Two updates in one day all been happening today.
Received the 6515 back from HP repair center this affternoon (a day early) and evrthing seems ok up to now (not tried the phone just yet)
Also received a reply from handtec re my email to say they should have the mounts by the end of next week (fingers crossed) so I await a result.
tradesman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: handtec Reply with quote

Glad to post a satisfactory outcome re handtec.

the ipaq 6515 came back from HP repair center and now works as it should phone and all.
The speaker mount was delivered this morning with a free screen protector & silicon case,

Well done handtec. Thumbs Up
bibamus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve used Handtec a couple of times and been very impressed with the service. Delivery is usually next day, and when my Nuvi develpoed a fault, I had a reply to my email the same day with an RMA number, two days later I had my new Nuvi although, I was secretly hoping they would include the traffic unit that I opted out of buying with the original unit!!!

Anyway, top marks for Handtec. Thankyou.
Allan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: