Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Easy Devices ordered 23rd June 2006
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Easy Devices ordered 23rd June 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecotrojan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonys66 wrote:
This is there charges
UK Mainland Delivery from Despatch Date* Delivery Cost +
PDAs & GPS Bundles NEXT DAY £6.00
PDA Accessories NEXT DAY £3.50 - £6.00
Highlands & Islands Delivery from Despatch Date* Delivery Cost +
PDAs & GPS Bundles 1-2 DAYS £6.00
PDA Accessories 1-2 DAYS £3.50 - £6.00
Northern Ireland Delivery from Despatch Date* Delivery Cost +
PDAs & GPS Bundles 2-3 DAYS £15.00
PDA Accessories 2-3 DAYS £7

you said thay charged you £20.00 i also can not find anything on the site that says sat del ???
Unless it says garenteed del by sat all you can do is cancel order and get refund or keep when it gets there and get refund on del cost.
That said i think you was a bit hopeing makeing a order midday friday and
recieving sat morning i know it happends but if being at work all day was a problem for home del why did you not have it del to work address ???

Firstly, its not listed on the website. I made the order and called EasyDevices asking if I could upgrade to Saturday delivery.
I only asked,

ED only had to say no. They didn't, they said yes.

Secondly, after reading the reviews and these forums, I finally bit the bullet on Friday and ordered my items. My experience of purchasing items from other companies on a Friday afternoon for Saturday delivery have been on the whole a positive experience, (I think DABS once let me down but refunded the money immediately) and Expansys, eBuyer and SuperGPS have always delivered on a Saturday without fail all with the premium paid.

Hence, why I called ED to enquire about Saturday delivery.

'receiving Sat morning, i know it happens but if being at work all day was a problem for home del, why not have it del to your work address ???'
UNQUOTE

I placed the order for delivery to my home address thinking I would receive the item on Saturday but then realised ED may be different to the usual companies I purchase from.

I dont work weekends. Hence why I called ED to enquire about Saturday delivery. I agreed to pay the surcharge. They said YES. If ED had said no then I would have changed the delivery address to my work address for Monday.
meestermartinho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citylink are an abosute shambles of a delivery company.

ecotrojan wrote:
tonys66 wrote:
This is there charges
UK Mainland Delivery from Despatch Date* Delivery Cost +
PDAs & GPS Bundles NEXT DAY £6.00
PDA Accessories NEXT DAY £3.50 - £6.00
Highlands & Islands Delivery from Despatch Date* Delivery Cost +
PDAs & GPS Bundles 1-2 DAYS £6.00
PDA Accessories 1-2 DAYS £3.50 - £6.00
Northern Ireland Delivery from Despatch Date* Delivery Cost +
PDAs & GPS Bundles 2-3 DAYS £15.00
PDA Accessories 2-3 DAYS £7

you said thay charged you £20.00 i also can not find anything on the site that says sat del ???
Unless it says garenteed del by sat all you can do is cancel order and get refund or keep when it gets there and get refund on del cost.
That said i think you was a bit hopeing makeing a order midday friday and
recieving sat morning i know it happends but if being at work all day was a problem for home del why did you not have it del to work address ???

Firstly, its not listed on the website. I made the order and called EasyDevices asking if I could upgrade to Saturday delivery.
I only asked,

ED only had to say no. They didn't, they said yes.

Secondly, after reading the reviews and these forums, I finally bit the bullet on Friday and ordered my items. My experience of purchasing items from other companies on a Friday afternoon for Saturday delivery have been on the whole a positive experience, (I think DABS once let me down but refunded the money immediately) and Expansys, eBuyer and SuperGPS have always delivered on a Saturday without fail all with the premium paid.

Hence, why I called ED to enquire about Saturday delivery.

'receiving Sat morning, i know it happens but if being at work all day was a problem for home del, why not have it del to your work address ???'
UNQUOTE

I placed the order for delivery to my home address thinking I would receive the item on Saturday but then realised ED may be different to the usual companies I purchase from.

I dont work weekends. Hence why I called ED to enquire about Saturday delivery. I agreed to pay the surcharge. They said YES. If ED had said no then I would have changed the delivery address to my work address for Monday.
ecotrojan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To conclude, ED havent even despatched the items.

Luckily they are on the ball and read their emails upon arrival this morning. The items have now been cancelled and im assuming the monies will pop back into our account in the next few days.
ecotrojan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an epilogue, I received a parcel via Royal Mail Special Delivery today.
I looked at the address and noticed it was from Edinburgh and wondered what ED had sent me.

I opened the parcel to find a personal apology from Easy Devices and some freebies.. pen, keyring, Tshirt, neck band, sweets, etc etc.

A gratituous gesture which with the refund makes this a positive transaction. Thumbs up to ED, a proffesional company after all.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems with another retailer and although I agree with you unless it states guaranteed saturday delivery it may not happen.
Once a I asked about Saturday delivery and whoever I spoke too said, you can pay the extra if you want but we can't guarantee the delivery company will actually deliver it for you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: