Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Car Kit to include powered speaker, TomTom Nav 2 to output sound through the PDA connection at the bottom (neat, no wires).

TomTom Car Kit to be able to send voice commands through Car Radio's Mobile Phone or Navigation connection with the mute command (I guess like how cd/dvd based aftermarket navigation systems do it).
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all hardware rather than software wishes - it doesn't invalidate them being made, though I'm not sure this thread is the ideal place for them.

Sound output through the "PDA connection at the bottom" - I presume, by this, you mean the sync port. This is impossible on most PDAs - certainly the iPAQs don't have any audio pins in this connector (just power, USB client and serial port pins). The same may not be true for some Pocket PC Phone Edition devices - these pins may exist to allow for car kit functionality, though I have no specific information on any models.

So far as sending audio through the vehicle audio systems go, it's a nice idea, though horrendously complicated, as there's few standards with this sort of thing, and even when there is a relatively standard input available (such as the VDA connectors on some brands - which are often an optional extra to have wired up on the vehicle side), the connector may already be occupied, as it is in my car, by a phone installation.

I had mused some months ago in the forums on the possibilities of adding a Pocket PC audio input to my Nokia car kit / Vauxhall/Open OEM audio system setup. I think the big problem with my system is that if you pull the mute line low, the system takes such a time to respond that you'll probably lose the beginning of the voice command. A further complication is that you'd have to derive a mute signal from somewhere - most, if not all, Pocket PCs do not output one.

Darren was, I believe, experimenting with some QuBiT products. I don't know how they worked out - but the GPS Mute System sounds like a good product.

David
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been testing Qubit's PDA Amp and I must say it work very well Smile It is fast enought to activate that it clips only a fraction of the the very beginning of a voice command and is so loud on it's high setting that it would work on a motorcycle! The only problem is cost which is 100 Euros. I'm not entirely convinced there will be many takers at that price. Look out for the completed review very soon Thumbs Up
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, the company I work for is going through a reverse take-over and ~1/3 of staff are being made redundant. Should I blow my payout on a trip to Germany and linger around the TomTom stand at ceBit? Laughing
benyyy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: this should definatley be in tom tom Reply with quote

why dont they incorporate a simple drawing tool so any discrepancies in roads can be drawn in or even add your own new roads.
I would also like to see traffic lights displayed at juntions (anyone know where i can get a decent looking bmp for traffic lights for free).
I have seen othe gps software incorporating drawing tools such as sony streetmate for laptops so why cant tom tom do a similar thing and if it requires alot of memory to do it then put it as an optional installation so we have the choice.
tom tom definatly need to take a look at this option then there would not be all the complaints about places and roads missing which really would put tom tom back in the top slot for gps software.
it would also be nice to see something similar to co pilot live 4 aswell so there could be interaction between base pc and the mobile user in real time.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I wrote the thread in the Navman forum, the problems of making the maps user editable are covered in this thread - which, if you read my post, references back to an earlier discussion about M6 Toll not being present in TomTom Navigator 2.

David
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my quick thoughts, here goes, apologies if already mentioned:-)

The ability to navigate throughout europe and not have to switch maps, ttn2 should look and see if you have the corrisponding maps on your pda.

then i can travel throughout europe without ever switching maps.

Ability to calcualate route throughout, could be done in stages

at each stage`s end point, it calculates to the next, saving route as you drive.

after you reach your destination the entire route is saved, so that you can simply navigate back on same route etc.

ttn 2 linked to RAC or AA for traffic warnings, and notifys and re calculates to avoid if you wish.

3D building images for POI buildings

Hightlight traffic accident hot spots on route or at calculation

it shows you for example 4 possible routes to take for your journey, aswell as eta for each one.

well thats all from me, love the software, made life much easier.! Thumbs Up
randrade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: flowers, and flowers... Reply with quote

Hi there,

while you guys are talking about how accurate is the postal code search, or the GUI, or other insignificant matters, maybe there's a BIG issue to concern first... the map coverage and accuracy.
As the major part of you live in the US or UK you might have good maps coverage, but guys like me that live in “smallest” countries, the colour or the smell of the flower isn’t really important, what matter is the flower it self.
By this moment I’m forced to agree with gman, there are other GPS software solutions better than TTN2 (like Route66 Navigate 2004).
TTN2 was my first sw, but now I can rest in piece with Route66, thanks to Navman’s maps.

thx
Evil or Very Mad
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File this under GUI or insignificant then Wink - warning if you're traveelling the wrong way down a one-way street.

The Map data is not part of the software, it comes from one of the two main map suppliers. I've been on the road all day and forget which one right now.
MikeyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Converter that changes the LAT / LONG to the BRITSIH NATIONAL GRID system used on current OS Maps.

A similar system is availible on military gps systems, and would be beneficial in my line of work.

Some of my customer sites are just small road side cabinets in the middle of nowhere.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: