Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ipaq h4100 fortuna clipon and nothing working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ipaq h4100 fortuna clipon and nothing working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbu10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: ipaq h4100 fortuna clipon and nothing working Reply with quote

OK
fortuna looks like working fine both lights are green
ipaq seems to be working fine
select com6 and can make a connection to the fortuna
blue light flickers on the gps
but thats all it does in gps once selected emtac with com 6 bluetooth the lights come on the fortuna but under status no moving dots just stay blank
Been at this for days now could some one help please
have TT2 installed and even installed the new gps driver from them
Even if i go into blue tooth setting have the item paired and can make a connection in there ie says connected with good signal but under gps nothing
please help before i see how accurate this thing is flying out of a window Smile
popester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fellow newbie with an IPAQ1940, fortuna clip on and TT2. Had similar frustrations trying to get things going. Finally chanced upon answer to my similar sounding problem - in the GPS application under the GPS tab there is an unamed blue box with a black square in it next to the drop downs for driver and COM port. Tapping in this box (tick appears)seems to activate the settings and you should then see action on the Status tab - animated dots and everything suddenly comes alive as you get sat lock. Nothing like decent documentation (and I mean nothing when it comes to TT2 or Fortuna :x )

I was close to giving up, but it was worth the effort - fantastic toy, don't know how I lived without it.

Good luck
JOEJOETHEJOEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

popester wrote:
I am a fellow newbie with an IPAQ1940, fortuna clip on and TT2. Had similar frustrations trying to get things going. Finally chanced upon answer to my similar sounding problem - in the GPS application under the GPS tab there is an unamed blue box with a black square in it next to the drop downs for driver and COM port. Tapping in this box (tick appears)seems to activate the settings and you should then see action on the Status tab - animated dots and everything suddenly comes alive as you get sat lock. Nothing like decent documentation (and I mean nothing when it comes to TT2 or Fortuna :x )

I was close to giving up, but it was worth the effort - fantastic toy, don't know how I lived without it.

Good luck

I got a similar prob. The blueooth works and is flashing, the satelite LED just remains on RED. I've tried nearly all the different combinations of settings in the GPS screen, but it just won't detect any satelites. Sad

Do you have to be out in the open? I'm trying it from inside my house, but right next to the window.

Sad

Please help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: