Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedcams Builder for Mio Cxxx Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Sal
I'll D/L it later

trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't see any significant difference Trevor. This is really just for our continental friends, as I expect people here will now be downloading the completed .MTC file directly from PGPSW.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal,
Thanks for the info Sal, but with your builder, the option is there to not 'compile' the redlight or mobiles from the .asc supplied by those v nice people from PGPSW. I'm certain that this will be of interest to others as well.
Keep up the good work. Whats next on the agenda.

Trev

PS. My manual and auto cancel for speedcam alerts is coming on nicely now. Got to do a test run on the latest auto cancel, which is what I was having most problems with. I have then got to crack the volume settings so that it raises the volume if it's turned down (as opposed to muted)

T
james_all
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Tks to Sallyann ( Sorry for my english... Swiss guy leaving in France... )
I used MIO 168 most past years with TomTom....
Now trying MIOMAP V3... and trying to figure out how does the SYNTAX of speedcams.mtc works...
I've tried many utilities:

POIEDIT : Great utility for many different format of POI files - can read ,write and convert UPD but only read MTC files ( no MTC file generation ).
When you clik on a position an a file, it will opens google maps ( or other ) and display direcly and quickly the coordinates inside POIedit.

SpeedCams-Serveur-V1.3 : works ok to convert and create an MTC file directly on sd card of pocketpc ... problem not enough informations on how angles is handled...

CsvToAsc : works ok... but same problem, not not enough informations on how angles is handled...

MY PROBLEM & QUESTION TO SALLYANN ( or any other member who have sufficient knowledge about it... )

I don't want to implement a speedcam position with any direction detection ( ie miomap 4th-arrow pictogram ) ,
I would rather like to implement all my speedcams on file with only ONE way or TWO way detection in the defined -traject so a 10meters-away radar
will not beep me for nothing !

I did few trials ( by adding-creating speecams using first Icon-speedcam and one-way blue icon for detection direction

results:

All the 3 above speedcams where placed at 8-10meters AWAY from my setup-way ( sorry ...I don't know the exact term in english for 'itinéraire' in french...)
and FINE, THEY WHERE NOT DETECTED, EXACTLY THE WAY I WISH ! Also, They are nicely detected if I implement a setup-traject passing IN the way wich have one
of the 3 speedcams.

So, how does works this ANGLE informations ? What I wish is to convert my file containg the following format:

File name: RM-050.ov2
Description field: RM12050-050km/h
Lattitude field : xx.xxxxx
Longitude field: xx.XXXX

Finally , as resumed, How to quickly setup a speedcam.mtc file so the detection WILL BE ON IF THE SPEEDCAM is INSIDE THE SETUP-TRAJECT-ROAD and NO speedcams detection for any other speedcams wich is near ( 5 to 10meters ) but NOT ON the road ! This is the way TOMTOM 6 works ...so I wish to do same...

TKS TO ANYONE hwo have accurates informaions about it
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at Page 4 of this thread. It tells you the correct format for directional information.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi james_all
Having Googled for itinéraire my best guess for your context is 'direction of travel'
There is a lot of stuff on how the MioMap 3.2 handles the angle of approach to a speed camera at
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=275472#275472
I will try to summarise in simple English below.

A road is in the direction East-West (E-W). The camera Angle that you have put into MioMap is 'One Way' at 90 Degrees Angle.
Travel from W to E. Mio alarms
Travel from E - W. Mio does not alarm.

Two roads crossing at 90 deg. One E-W the other N-S.
Camera set 'One Way' at 90 deg.
Travel from N to S, No alarm
Travel from S to N, No alarm
Travel from E to W, No alarm
Travel from W - E, Mio alarms

The angle of your travel must be less than 45deg to the camera angle for Mio to alarm.

If the road is W -E ie 90deg and you set the camera (wrong) to 40 deg or 140 deg Mio will Not alarm.

If you do not have an .asc file with the direction data in it, then you need to make one with the format on page 4 as pointed out by SallyAnn and use her speedcam builder to convert from .asc to .mtc for the Mio.
http://rapidshare.com/files/16265615/Speedcams_builder_215.exe

You can use Sally's MTC reader to mak a .asc file from a .mtc file so that you can check what is in the .mtc file.
http://rapidshare.de/files/37223322/mtc_reader_101.exe

I hope that I have understood your problem and have helped in fixing it for you.

Trevor

[/url]
james_all
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks to Sallyann and M8TJT for repply.

Well... thats what I was affraid of... very long work to get all cams direction to be added for each of my 13'000+ speedcams in France...

In fact, what I was just hoping was a quick solution to have detection ( 2 ways) only if your drive same road where the speedcam is ...that is the way tomtom react with my database wich just have speedcams coordinates within the road.

Of course, we wish to have such complete database with all direction & angle parameters...but it's really lot of work and probably subject to lot of errors...

Isn'it possible to program a utility wich would first send few data-packets to some mapping-ponits-programs or website ( like gogle map or map point ) and then,
retrieve the direction of the road concerned by this first cams and then, according to the exact direction alignment of the road, generate automatically the parameters nedded ( angle... ) and set a 2-ways detection. Like this, we could get alarms like tomtom database...

Or , other solution, if it would be possible to choice the distance ( like 10meters ) detection of the multiple-way detection, all my problems would be gone at once !
Also, does anybody have tried to see how many meters the multiple ways detection is active ? I have done few trials up to about 15 meters and the gived up because I was expecting better solution....

Tks everyone.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_all
I think that I now understand better what you are trying to do.
My understandig now is that you want to cut out alarms from cams that are not on the road that you are driving along.
Getting the information from Google map would be good.
I do not have TomTom so I do not understand how it works.

The MioMap 3.2 uses angles to cut out not wanted cams, not distance as you appear to think.

The first thing is that you must be driving towards the camera Plus/minus about 20 degrees for an alert.

If there is direction data for the camera, it then compares your direction of travel with the angle set for the cam. If this is within about 45 degrees. You get an alert.

The only way that I can see of doing this is like the people at PGPSW have done, and gather information about the cameras from users and then publish a .mtc or .asc file with this data in.
Sorry. No answers. We need a real expert at this sort of thing to get the road direction from Google. SallyAnn????

Trevor
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand now what you want to do, but it seems a lot of work for not very much gain.
By suitable programming you might be able to eliminate some of the false alarms from cameras on nearby roads, but it will not help with the much worse nuisance of one-way cameras pointing in the wrong direction. And what happens with cameras at junctions?

I agree with Trevor that the only real solution is the slow, painful one of collecting the proper information - like PGPSW does.

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And ones on bridges over motorways? Sad

Perhaps james_all could persuade someone like gpspassion.com to instigate a collection of direction data for the French cameras.

What about the USA? I ask somewhat rhetorically. Wink
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but it will not help with the much worse nuisance of one-way cameras pointing in the wrong direction. And what happens with cameras at junctions?

He does not seem to be over as excited about this problem as we are, as he seems to want to put all cams 2 way, just to suppress the ones on nearby roads.
T
james_all
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks guys for repplies on my problem.
Yes, M8TJT , you're exactly right , all what I want is "to put all cams 2 way, just to suppress the ones on nearby roads." ... So, as I have read it is not possible to do it quickly and automatically.

Tomtom is working this way...detection made only by distance within the road wich is planified. And actually, as far as I know, in France, they are only tkaking us from front or back within the road... they technically probably need 100m or more to flash.. that is why I was wishing to transform my actual 13'000+ france database to mio map v3 to works 2 ways only.

Something which could still help me: does anyone knows about how many meters works the MioMap-multiple-angles(360°)-detection ? and, one way to solve quickly all my problems, would be to set up all cams multiple-angles(360°)-detection BUT then drop-down the detection distance to about 8 to 12meters only. Any solution ?

tks
james_all
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget to add my previous post :

This 8-12m detection distance should be effective for cams within the planified-trip...and it means the system will not detect any cams if there is no planified-trip programmed. ...this is also the way tomtom 6 works...it needs a planified-trip programmed ( or end-point schedulded ...sorry, my technical terms are probably slightly-wrong...) in order to have cams detection.
But what I really would enjoy is the fact to not be disturbed by false alarms wich is not on my schdulded way ! Because when I use MioMap with all my speedcams converted with 360° detection... I got so many false alarms...especially on freeway wich have many time small roads on each side at 50Km/h or so....with a lot of mobile-speed-cams... it always then warns me for nothing !
Softac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all... excuse me for my bad english (i live in Italy)

I'm looking for a program able to read and export SpeedSams.mtc files to
a standard format like ASC.

Many thanks who will want to answer to me

Softac
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at my post about 6 up on this page. There is a link to SallyAnne's MTC_Reader which converts a .MTC file to .asc so that it can be read in a text editor.

Trevor

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: