Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS complaints - not going away! Tell the truth!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS complaints - not going away! Tell the truth!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxi wrote:
Personally speaking, I have had nothing but good before and after sales service from PDAMods and have posted such on this Forum. However I must agree with PaddyWhack regarding some suspicious looking positive postings. Look at this one for instance:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24513

This was posted a day after someone else complained about their after-sales service. There is very little detail, and its written by a brand new member that hasn't posted since.

Mods,

It looks dodgy to me, and while I've been quite happy to sing their praises I'd be extremely unhappy if they were posting fake comments about themselves. Isn't there anyway of looking into it?

I agree that there are a number of posts that appear suspicious but there is no evidence that they are linked either by originating IP or other information to PDAMods.
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I agree that there are a number of posts that appear suspicious but there is no evidence that they are linked either by originating IP or other information to PDAMods.

This is of course one of the problems with the Internet, the ability of rogue traders to trade and communicate without being held accountable.

Still isn't it a bit strange that PDAMODS have so little pride in their brand name that they are willing to trade under at least another ten names? Somehow I can't see 'Nike' or 'IBM' suddenly deciding to so diminish their valuable trade name by so dilluting it! It all still smells a bit rank to me!
Jay-Lincs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read this thread from start to finish, it would be interesting to find out all the other names that pda mods uses. It just goes to show that a nice slick shiny web site covers a multitude of sins!!!!!
Dansco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-Lincs wrote:
Having read this thread from start to finish, it would be interesting to find out all the other names that pda mods uses. It just goes to show that a nice slick shiny web site covers a multitude of sins!!!!!

There is a thread with at least 4 names in and maybe more. Two that I know of are PDAMods and nex_gensales (ebay).

Best thing is that he's still trying to sell a 12 channel GPS unit with a picture with 16 on it :x
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansco wrote:
Best thing is that he's still trying to sell a 12 channel GPS unit with a picture with 16 on it :x

Surley Trading Standards would jump on them if this was reported? 8O this is misrepresentation and it's not like they haven't been told.

Chris
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansco wrote:

I've just looked at their eBay shop and all the BT GPS's they're advertising are the Nemerix based devices which are 16 Channel Confused
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_w wrote:
Dansco wrote:

Surley Trading Standards would jump on them if this was reported? 8O this is misrepresentation and it's not like they haven't been told.

You'd think so! The reality is trading standards are a joke and these guys know it. They have been playing this game so long that they know exactly how far to step over the line without actually being legally liable.

They were so confident that they goaded me into taking my case to trading standards. The only way they will ever change is if enough disgruntled customers take them on. I informed them that I would continue to inform people of just who they really are and how they really act. They hate this and will do almost anything to shut you up.

No such luck! Answer the question PDAMODS; why are you operating from the same address under so many different names? Surely you have a reasonable and honest reason!
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not an unusual situation for a company to operate from one address under several names. My own employer does this and has done for some time. As our office is the head office for numerous divisions the names and correspondence all come to our head office. I have no axe to grind with PDAMODS, as I stated before I have used them 3-4 time and had one problem which was rectified very efficiently. I can understand if someone has had a bad experience but that has to be taken in context as to the number of satisfied customers to the number who have problems. I am not on here to stand and defend PDAMODS I am only stating that my experience in dealing with them has been excellent and I will use them again. As I have stated before I have no hesitation in stating that I have nothing to do with PDAMODS but some people seem to have a paranoia in that any good comments must come from a PDAMODS employee. As I live in Scotland I dont think the comuting distance is at all practical.

Colin.
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin58 wrote:
It is not an unusual situation for a company to operate from one address under several names. My own employer does this and has done for some time. As our office is the head office for numerous divisions the names and correspondence all come to our head office. I have no axe to grind with PDAMODS, as I stated before I have used them 3-4 time and had one problem which was rectified very efficiently. I can understand if someone has had a bad experience but that has to be taken in context as to the number of satisfied customers to the number who have problems. I am not on here to stand and defend PDAMODS I am only stating that my experience in dealing with them has been excellent and I will use them again. As I have stated before I have no hesitation in stating that I have nothing to do with PDAMODS but some people seem to have a paranoia in that any good comments must come from a PDAMODS employee. As I live in Scotland I dont think the comuting distance is at all practical.

Colin.

Relax Colin. We're not talking about you, honest; you can go to bed now, no one is after you!Laughing Out Loud

I wonder who's being paranoid here!
nickweavers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed due to violation of forum rules] lbendlin
nickweavers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickweavers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slynchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: