Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 350 Cant keep up!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 350 Cant keep up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose6000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 350 Cant keep up! Reply with quote

Hi, i have a Nuvi 350 and have been using it since the end of december, i have it all updated via the garmin website, its all up to date(software wise) and its running v8 maps (not V9)

I have noticed recently that when in just normal driving mode AND in navigation mode it can keep up with the driving, for example i approche the road in real life and on the nuvi it is a road behind and when i approach round a-bouts i get to the roundabout but the screen hasent got there yet, it cant seem to keep up with me! im not driving super fast either!

I have the PGPSW cameras on it and Mafts POI, could this be clogging it up causing it to run slow?

Iv noticed my friends Nuvi300 doesnt do this and hes just got the speed camera database not the pois?

Thanks
Jose
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 350 has all the speed cam POI. Mafts and the web sites stuff and half of europes + MP3's and talking books as it has 4GB card.

If all updates are current try relocating the unit. If it is getting blocked by a door pillar or the roof that could be a problem.
Set slightlt to right of steering wheel but not to close to the pillar.
Jose6000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, the nuvi sits right in the middle of the dash so its not getting blocked

anyone have any ideas? Sad
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may still be a problem. It the car has steep windscreen or the nuvi is to far in from the base of the screen the roof may block satellites and if you are in built up areas you can find utting the unit nearer to the roads centre may help.
Move it ,or try it in another car !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: