Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
middleton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS Reply with quote

timanfiya wrote:
Good news to those of you with Destinator Op on a GNAV. You can have as many catergories as you want in your favorites, all with seperate sound/voice alerts.

It was so simple I could have kicked myself that I didn't realise sooner.

Firstly, some may already Know and have tried this bit and it didn't work but read on to see why. As covered in some other threads start off your seperate alerts with the five catergories of speed cam database.

Once you have downloaded the database unzip the folder and navigate to

CSV files/Destinator3

and you will see six files which are split into 6 camera catergories. Rename these files to something simple or what ever you want to see them as:

eg: GATSO.csv; MOBILE.csv; REDLIGHT.csv; TEMP.csv;SPECS.csv; CONTINENTAL.csv

Import these files one by one using the Destinator Console Favorites import.

Now find an appropriate sound file for each catergory, ensure the format of these 6 files are WAV and do not convert to SPX. Rename the files to give them the same name as the catergory They are for:

eg: GATSO FOR GATSO CATERGORY; SPECS FOR SPECS CATERGORY

Drag and drop these files into the following directory on your GNAV10:

Resident Flash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All

If you want a particular icon to automatically drop into the catergories you will need to find an appropriate icon and rename it to give it the same name as the sound file and catergory as above. Drag these bmp files into this directory:

ResidentFlash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Favorites

So just to recap: you should have made three files all with the same name (i.e. GATSO.csv; GATSO.wav; GATSO.bmp) and put them onto the GNAV as described above.

Make sure you check the box by the side of each catergory to activate the icon on the map and the alert.

NOTE: This will not work if you convert your voice files to spx format, this is where I was going wrong and why I thought this method was not working. Why Destinator chose to use spx instead of wav is beyond me. You can convert all of your voice files in the "All" folder to wav if you want but it is not neccessary as long as the sound files for the catergories are wav format. If you do want to change all your spx files to wav don't leave the spx files with the same name as a wav file, the spx file will take priority.

If you need to convert any sounds from spx to wav speexdrop will convert either way.

For other POI catergories in your favorites simply do the same, make sure the catergory you create has the same name as your voice file you want to use and the bmp icon file you want to use.

Whenever you approach a favorite it will now give you the appropriate sound of your choice for the that catergory and will display the Catergory name on the screen instead of the dreaded "Favorites Alert".

Unfortunatley we are still stuck with the same distance settings on all of the catergories but I will let you all know if I find a way around this. For those of you who don't know - in favorites, select tools and settings to determine the distances away from your favorite that you want to hear the alerts.

Hopefully this will help all those GNAV users out there who had not already figured this out. If it does not work maybe you need to update your version no. Destinator have no upgrades on site but if you pm me I can send you an upgrade to version 5.1.145 which this method does work on.

Pete
slappymarine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Goodmans GNAV10 Reply with quote

How are people finding these sat navs?

Is the GNAV10 any good?

Ie. Reliable, accurate etc.

I've been offered one that's cheap from a friend and was wondering whether or not it's worth buying it of him as I've never used or owned one before.
rossi865
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: unzip files Reply with quote

Need advice on where to download software that will unzip the camera database files please
sandy39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new to this and just downloaded the database. little confused but i have opened the zip programme and have found the 5 number categories. you then say that i have to navigate to csv files/destinator 3? where is this i am running the op version any help is greatfull
thanks
gopex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem I am using destinator op on gnav10 but the speed camera cvs files don't do anything no matter where i put them. I was told to put the cvs wav and bmp all with the same name in My_Device\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Favorites
but no look not even an icon on screen to show position.
Phil
gopex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sorted all of the data files and icons. I downloaded the speedcam data but had to convert the CVS files to DAT files so the destinator op can understand these files. To convert these files I used POI edit from http://www.poiedit.com/
Then dropped all the DAT and BMP files into \ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Favorites
using Active Sync.

Then go into the GNAV10 favourites and activate all categories
Beware - when you press on Cancel it may appear the GNAV10 has crashed, but be patient as it takes a while to read.
Still not worked out the sound files yet even though I have converted all the sound files to WAV format but still no luck. I will get back to you if I work it out.

Phil
SCHOLESY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gopex,

I am having the same problem as you are. I have got the camera's and bitmaps working, however i cannot get the .wav files to work, it just plays the favorites alert sound.

I am running version 5.1.83, is this why it wont work on mine?

Any help getting it to play the .wav files would be appreciated. They are in the

voice/all directory before you ask.

Cheers.
gopex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the 141.wav to "warning speed camera ahead" but it would be nice to get the wav's working
Phil
dazking27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: voices Reply with quote

Hello, there's some good tips here! just one thing, i've got the favourites to alert when close to a camera, but i am having trouble finding the voices and picture files to accomany this, can anyone help, please?
johntod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, have loaded cameras on GNAV10 but get favourites alert when coming up to one.

What i don't understand is how i create a new sound file in any format let alone wav or spx, God knows if this is a stupid quiestion, but i'm now stuck any help would be greatefully received.
kenbo0133
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: U.K. Street map Reply with quote

Help!! I have a GNAV10 but have lost the S.D. card containing the U.K.map. when I try to download the map from the Destinator disc it crashes halfway through, although the European maps download o.k.
Does anyone know where I can get an S.D. card from with the U.K.map on or what the problem with the disc is.
donkey_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS Reply with quote

timanfiya wrote:
Good news to those of you with Destinator Op on a GNAV. You can have as many catergories as you want in your favorites, all with seperate sound/voice alerts.

It was so simple I could have kicked myself that I didn't realise sooner.

Firstly, some may already Know and have tried this bit and it didn't work but read on to see why. As covered in some other threads start off your seperate alerts with the five catergories of speed cam database.

Once you have downloaded the database unzip the folder and navigate to

CSV files/Destinator3

and you will see six files which are split into 6 camera catergories. Rename these files to something simple or what ever you want to see them as:

eg: GATSO.csv; MOBILE.csv; REDLIGHT.csv; TEMP.csv;SPECS.csv; CONTINENTAL.csv

Import these files one by one using the Destinator Console Favorites import.

Now find an appropriate sound file for each catergory, ensure the format of these 6 files are WAV and do not convert to SPX. Rename the files to give them the same name as the catergory They are for:

eg: GATSO FOR GATSO CATERGORY; SPECS FOR SPECS CATERGORY

Drag and drop these files into the following directory on your GNAV10:

Resident Flash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All

If you want a particular icon to automatically drop into the catergories you will need to find an appropriate icon and rename it to give it the same name as the sound file and catergory as above. Drag these bmp files into this directory:

ResidentFlash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Favorites

So just to recap: you should have made three files all with the same name (i.e. GATSO.csv; GATSO.wav; GATSO.bmp) and put them onto the GNAV as described above.

Make sure you check the box by the side of each catergory to activate the icon on the map and the alert.

NOTE: This will not work if you convert your voice files to spx format, this is where I was going wrong and why I thought this method was not working. Why Destinator chose to use spx instead of wav is beyond me. You can convert all of your voice files in the "All" folder to wav if you want but it is not neccessary as long as the sound files for the catergories are wav format. If you do want to change all your spx files to wav don't leave the spx files with the same name as a wav file, the spx file will take priority.

If you need to convert any sounds from spx to wav speexdrop will convert either way.

For other POI catergories in your favorites simply do the same, make sure the catergory you create has the same name as your voice file you want to use and the bmp icon file you want to use.

Whenever you approach a favorite it will now give you the appropriate sound of your choice for the that catergory and will display the Catergory name on the screen instead of the dreaded "Favorites Alert".

Unfortunatley we are still stuck with the same distance settings on all of the catergories but I will let you all know if I find a way around this. For those of you who don't know - in favorites, select tools and settings to determine the distances away from your favorite that you want to hear the alerts.

Hopefully this will help all those GNAV users out there who had not already figured this out. If it does not work maybe you need to update your version no. Destinator have no upgrades on site but if you pm me I can send you an upgrade to version 5.1.145 which this method does work on.

Pete

hi i downloaded new cams from tis sit and i am followind what you sahy but where do i find
CSV files/Destinator3
i cant find it anywhere can you help thanx
markien
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi could someone please please help me i have destinator 3 installed on my GPS but i downloaded the speed cameras but cant get them too work. I see that some people have posted some marvelous ways to get them working but unfortunatly i dont understand the jargon.such as i dont understand how you convert a file into a sound wave etc etc. Could someone please send me an idiots guide to installing speed cameras onto my GPS. Please remember i am the guy that his level of expertise is typing with 2 fingers on the keyboard
my email address if somebody can help is mark1.norman@btopenworld.com. Please please help i would be very gratefull
thanks
Mark
redandwhiteliz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok complete newbie to this, only just managed to install the activ sync after reading this foruim and finding out that it was a seperate package!

Looking to install the speed camera and can follow the instructions, BUT, where do i download the database from?

THanks
Liz
redandwhiteliz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addition as cannot find an edit option to original post!

I clicked on the link

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php

And selected the one for the GNAV as I have a GNAV10, but it just keeps taking me back to the original message board with the instructions. It doesn't seem to direct me to the download for anything.

thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: