Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Warning - Rikaline X7 Bug
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning - Rikaline X7 Bug
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riptorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Weeha! Jumped in the car, plugged the charging unit in, and despite TomTom giving me the most ridiculous route to the ground, headed off. Two minutes later my handheld, an iPaq H3970, powered down and the show was over. Resets to both handheld and gps failed to get a link going, and even a fiddle at half-time produced no results.

After the game, while having a bite to eat, I managed to get the gps to respond, the blue BT light coming on and with a link re-established, it navigated me succesfully and quickly back to the missus' place. Worked fine again this morning. Will have to do more field tests as am yet unsure whether it is my handheld, which since downloading TomTom2 has shown a mark propensity to crash, or the gps unit. Although having said that, the blue light disappeared on the gps receiver all the time the link was down.

By the way, on the additional paperwork handed out by PDAmods.com, continuous operation time has been revised down from the advertised 16 hours to 10 hours

Will get back to you soon.
Riptorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

have been using the X7 for a couple of days now, last night I went down to the National Theatre, and I can report I had no problems at all, the X7 guiding me with no less than ten satellites. All the issues reported earlier appear to have been teething issues, which appear to occur when the receiver has no position. I have even been using it on my bicycle, with the receiver in my back pack, voice instructions on my earphones, and it has been a joy.
sparket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: New Rikaline x7 Reply with quote

Just bought a new Rikalinex7 and had problems with it straight away kept on jumping all over the place could not get a good fix so sent ot back to whome i bought it fron and they sent me ane back straight away. Qusstion how do i know i have the latest version. i have read the forum and you say that the new forum does not need a pass key this one does so i suspect it is the old version. I have not tried the unit yet but if i have any problems with it i will gfo mad only had it for a 3 days
clanfalcon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: more problems Reply with quote

I have a Ipaq 5555 and really (being a avid hillwalker) wanting to sharpen my acuracy while walking the lovely Munroes in Scotland. I thought that Memory Map would be the perfect way forward. I have a friend who uses it already and I have used it in a limited way. I figured that clearly the best way forward was a BT GPS. I searched about a bit and finally found the X7 (with changable wings!!!). Anyway I promptly ordered one and have for the past few days used it for holding down paper... and it doesn't even do that well. Basically after much faffing about I finally got it all working although even with 5 Sats it bounces all over the place then promptly looses the connection between 30 seconds - 2 minutes down the line. I have it set on NMEA on Com 8 as everyone else seems to. I am completely lost and considering getting rid of it less that a week after getting it. From boasting the best i've been nothing but horribly dissapointed.

I really thought this seemed the answer to all my prayers!

Please, please, please can someone help me?

Thanks
Scott
sparket
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Rikaline-x7 lags Reply with quote

Hi Scott
yes i had a rikaline-x7 kept it for a week and found the same thing with mine. Do what i did get rid of it and get something else. I tried mine from yeovil to bath last sunday. It kept on loosing itself it laged behind and as you say it bounced all over the place never again not very impressed at all

terry
clanfalcon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it working!

The manual said that I should use the Ipaq to connect to the X7 when it is sitting in its dormant state. This seemed to be the main problem. So what I now have to do is change to com5 switch on the X7 then the bluetooth on my Ipaq. Once it's picked it up (on an incoming signal not outgoing) I load Memory Map and wait for around 1-2 minutes (which is a bit slow) but after that pretty rock solid. I have to do the reverse to shut it all down or everything gets a bit shaky. Odd but at least it works!

I believe the largest problem is the lack of clarity from the suppliers on how these work.

Happy days!

Scott
tracert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Where can I get firmware update?
Please Help!
I speak English a bit.
Please answer here: msnmail@freemail.hu

THX

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: