Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the TomTom One New Edition in Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the TomTom One New Edition in Europe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bing1955 wrote:
...but can you tell me what capuire downloads i need to use for the tom tom one v2 and where do i save them to on the tom tom

Not sure what you are asking here.
If you are asking which version of the database to download/use, then I suggest the ov2 format (which you just copy and paste into the map folder - plenty of instructions in the Help links on the left of this page), in the 'single file' version if you aren't confident of moving lots of files around (but no speed limit warnings in this option) or the 'speed-zoned' set if you want speed warnings.

Howver, if you want to "Capture" cameras...
The 'POICapture' software is an add-on produced by PGPSWorld to simplify logging new cameras. It reduces the number of button presses required, but you can report new cameras without it, simply by adding a Favourite or a POI as you pass the camera using 'Add Favourite / GPS position'. If you want to try it I'm sure the install instructions are in the same place as the download.

The way I do it, is to Add the position as a favourite (quicker than POI, less button presses) then convet it to a POI later at home (in a new POI category that I can sent off to PGPSW on the submissions page).
ssstoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: The Hole Reply with quote

The hole is not a hole for a mic ?????? It is the power on LED.
Poapratensis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add if you do buy a TomTom One DO NOT LOSE ANY OF YOUR CAR MOUNT! Not only have I been unable to locate a replacement anywhere on the net but TomTom does not even offer it! Twisted Evil I have looked everywhere but no luck. If anyone knows where I can order one please post it here! TomTom one v2 mount is what I need.
I am going to Amsterdam in a week maybe I will just visit their new offices and see what happens.
:x
dpmiller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original and aftermarket tt One v2 mounts are on Ebay...
Poapratensis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have seen those except that you also need to purchase a car charger as well if you want the factory mount. The aftermarket ones are for version 1 as far as I can tell. Also the company that sells the products in in the UK and way over priced for someone in the USA.
thomagd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on another thread of somebody complaining that their mount wasn't sticking to the windscreen properly. They phoned TomTom support and was shipped out another mount free of charge and kept their original as well.
Perhaps you should so the same.
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be available as an accessory now - http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessory.php?ID=257&Product=234&Category=0

Although I find having it located on the screen to be a bit distracting. I think I'm going to try an active Brodit - http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/product_details.php?id=5316
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it seems to be cheaper here.

Link edited for clarity - Oldboy
Mi_Ck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomagd wrote:
I read on another thread of somebody complaining that their mount wasn't sticking to the windscreen properly. They phoned TomTom support and was shipped out another mount free of charge and kept their original as well.
Perhaps you should so the same.

I have that problem with mine stays stuck for about an hour then drops off the windscreen. Think I'll take the advice and see if I can get a relacement from TomTom
stclaim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Car Mounts Reply with quote

I have a C-Max and the Standard Mount is not long enough. The Windscreen is a long way from steering wheel. I searched the web for other mounts and to my suprise (well done TomTom), TomTom were the cheapest and had a good selection in the box to use.
I use the air vent mount, it's perfect and can be adjusted to be at a slight angle.
daniel9068
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: TomTome One Play Music & Pictures Reply with quote

Do anyone here to know how to access Music & Picture fuction, my TomTom Home does shows such program but not accessible. Why !!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: TomTome One Play Music & Pictures Reply with quote

daniel9068 wrote:
Do anyone here to know how to access Music & Picture fuction, my TomTom Home does shows such program but not accessible. Why !!
As far as HOME is concerned, only the 910 has that capability.

Everything else has it greyed out.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: