Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the TomTom One New Edition in Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the TomTom One New Edition in Europe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebinman wrote:
V1 uses GB v605 & V2 uses GB & RoI v660

i was after clarification as the original post that the threads are hanging off is TomTom announce the TomTom One New Edition in Europe
and was wanting to know if it was the Euro version with navteq mapping that he had when basing his comparison Question
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagemakers wrote:
Not sure how you chnage the sound alerts for the new TT1. The old file does not seem to work.

see my post 2nd down Thumbs Up

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46519&highlight=
Dixie68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree that the scrolling of the screen is slower and jerky - I've just come to the TT1 V2 from TTG Classic and it seems great! I actually had a Garmin Nuvi 310 for less than a week and took it back to get the V2 as it was pretty much worse than any TT I've used.
Very happy with the V2 :D
williaj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am off to Canada in the next few days and need some help choosing a Sat Nav. I would like the new Tomtom One (regional version- uk) and then download a map of N.America / Canada from the tomtom website but I am not sure if they're compatible ? Anyone know ?

If not, should I buy the old Tomtom One as I think this is compatible with the downloadable map of USA/Canada from tomtom wesbite ?

Any other suggestions for a good UK, USA & Canada system for around £250 ?

HELP HELP HELP !!!!
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also in the same boat as later next year ( March 2007 ) I am going to Oz and ( Austrailia ) and I am looking to buy a house an dsetting up our wedding so I will be zooming from place to place to to have TOM TOM working out there would be a GOD send any luck on where I can do this for sensible money..?
williaj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at this and might just hire one ! Various web sites out there - www.cheapsatnavhire.co.uk seems to be the cheapest (well it would be wouldn't it !)

Cheers
rmsa786
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got one yesterday, for £199, the build quality is excellent!
Also working well without any hiccups so far..
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmsa786 wrote:
Also working well without any hiccups so far..
Don't forget to do a Full Back Up, just in case.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
rhyslewis13
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Tomtom one v2 Reply with quote

From reading mike's review I noticed he didnt know what the small hole next to the power button was. It is not a microphone hole as suggested, it is in fact a green LED that lights up when the TT1 is connected to a power source. I just bought this TT1 a few days ago, what a fantastic piece of kit. I work part time for halfords selling these all the time, but I didnt realise how good they are until I got in the car with one. My badge says 'sat nav expert' so I know how to use most sat navs. It was a hard decision to decide between the TT1 V2 and the nuvi 310D, but eventually after much tinkering, I found the nuvi to be a superb unit, maybe slightly more functional, but I could not justify the extra 150 quid so I went for the TT1. It was 159.99 minus my staff discount I had it for 130 quid which I think is a bargain to be honest. I chucked the speed camera database on the unit which works flawlessly, added poi's (max of 100 different catagories), and I am able to add the europe maps should I want them in future from the TT website.

Ease of use = 10/10
Design = 9/10
Expandability = 8/10
Price = 10/10

Overall = 10/10
scoobydoo72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Tomtom one Reply with quote

Hi all,

Had one as a Christmas pressie and find it so easy to use and fast enough to work out routes and re calculate.
Signal strenth is superb as it picks up in the house and even shows my drive cutting.

I think for value for money you cant go wrong and the battery life has lasted 3 hours.

As a newbie I would be hard pushed to justifyy spending more money.

Thanks
DavBell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a ONE New Edition over Christmas. Potential purchasers need to be aware that the Additional Mount Kit option used for the older ONE and which is also offered and illustrated in the Accessories catalogue supplied in the New Edition pack is NOT compatible with the product. This is a bit worrying when the catalogue correctly refers to the new USB charger etc! There is, however, a Brodit mount range available for the New Edition if, like me, you want the option of a dashboard mount
bing1955
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got a tom tom one v2 for christmas gret piece of kit,but i find the GBmap is a bit out of date on some roads (is there anywhere i can get updated maps,and updated speed cameras etc and how to download if available. Confused Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updates of operating system are free from the TomTom website (via a program called "Home").

The maps are always paid for. They are only released about once a year (hopefully a bit more often from now on, but don't hold your breath) - Also from TomTom site. There is a box to enter your map serial number which will tell you whether they think it is worth updating - probably not yet as you have bought a TT One New edition.

The Speed Cameras are by subscription only. TT have their own, but general concensus is they are not as good as the database from this site.
This one costs £2 to try for a month (usually 2 or more updates in that time), or £19 for a year. If you spot a new fixed camera first, you get free life subscription.

There are reports that a copy of the PGPSWorld one is available for free on the net, but that is the last free one, produced last February, and only has about half the cameras on!

Instructions to install are in the Help box on the left.
mike20021969
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding the review about the SD cart slot position being on the bottom of the unit-the card will not fall out as long as you press it in properly as to click it into place.
to get the card out you have to push it in in order for the mechanism to eject it.
bing1955
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
The updates of operating system are free from the TomTom website (via a program called "Home").

The maps are always paid for. They are only released about once a year (hopefully a bit more often from now on, but don't hold your breath) - Also from TomTom site. There is a box to enter your map serial number which will tell you whether they think it is worth updating - probably not yet as you have bought a TT One New edition.

The Speed Cameras are by subscription only. TT have their own, but general concensus is they are not as good as the database from this site.
This one costs £2 to try for a month (usually 2 or more updates in that time), or £19 for a year. If you spot a new fixed camera first, you get free life subscription.

There are reports that a copy of the PGPSWorld one is available for free on the net, but that is the last free one, produced last February, and only has about half the cameras on!

Instructions to install are in the Help box on the left.

Cheers Andy downloaded the one on here ,but can you tell me what capuire downloads i need to use for the tom tom one v2 and where do i save them to on the tom tom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: