Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 to 6 With Map Upgrade? Confirkm please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 to 6 With Map Upgrade? Confirkm please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: TT5 to 6 With Map Upgrade? Confirkm please Reply with quote

I'm only just sussing this one. Can someone confirm please before I press the TomTom site "pay" button.

I have TT5 on my X30. TT6 will work if I install the vouices to BIS. What do I need to select on the TT site to upgrade the maps and get TT6 software with it. The offer runs out in a day, so comes back to me please, anyone!
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bryan

I just checked and your X30 is not on the approved list of TT6 upgrades therefore it wont let you upgrade to TT6 software.
However, that doesnt stop you from upgrading your maps to TT5 ver.660 which I am led to believe are the same as TT6 maps.
Go to the TomTom website then "plus services" then maps. On "select your model" select Navigator 5.
On "select your PDA/Mobile device" as yours is not there you will then have to select "other device". This takes you to the map selection. Select your map and away you go.
As your device is not compatable according to TomTom you will be able to upgrade to TT6.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
MohairSofa Calendar+Today Plug-in Ver.2.5.2
Softwinter Storage Tools Ver.2.0 ppc 420
Pocket Informant 9.01 build2390
Sprite Back up Ver 6.5.4 build 16
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bryan slight typo. That last sentence should read.

As your device is not compatable according to TomTom you will NOT be able to upgrade to TT6.
Active Synch 4.5
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard, I think you're wrong, hence asking others here who have done it. As the X30 isn't listed if you select "other" you get just the map upgrade.

But I believe that if you select a TT6 compatible PDA you get the maps and software. And since TT6 IS compaible with the X30 this way you get both. I'm simply needing confirmation which PDA I need to select to achieve this from someone who has done this.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bryan
Yes, you are correct, if you select "other" you do get just the map upgrade. You will need to select a PDA that is compatable and then you will as you suggest get the TT6 software and upgrade.
Which PDA you need to select to get TT6 though I couldnt tell you, someone else who has done an upgrade with an X30 might be able to help you better.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps what I should have said is, although TomTom say the X30 is not compatable TT6 will of course run on it, a bit like a lot of Ipaq's which are also not on the compatable list but will also run TT6, albeit not the way TomTom would like which is why they have not put them on the list.

If you have the misfortune to have trouble with TT6 on an unapproved mobile device, that is where the problems arise, as TomTom will say its not on the list and they may not be able help you solve the problem.

If nobody else replies before the time offer runs out the only thing I can suggest is to check the list of approved PDA's and find one that has a similiar configuration to yours in memory, processor and RAM.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use another Axim, X50 etc (if they are on the list)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Just use another Axim, X50 etc (if they are on the list)

Well, here goes then. I'll report back on success (or otherwise!)
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened Bryan?

I've an X30 and have just bought a Qsatrz BT-Q810 which works superbly with TT5. I'm also considering upgrading to TT6 but would like to hear from anyone who uses it with an X30.
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh grief I had problems! My X30 died back in the Summer, so under warrantee Dell provided me with a replacement. Thus TomTom 5 had two PDA's registered against it. As above I paid for the map upgrade telling the TomTom order system I had an X50V so I'd get the maps and software i.e. TomTom 6.

As instructed in the oorder process I downloaded TomTom Home, from which you're supposed to be able to access the maps and software upgrade, but from there on nothing worked for me despite several days of trying. The Dell on-lione system was wabnting me to delete my TomTom 5 number, and I got anxious about that. In the end I called it quits, phoned TomTom support, spoke to a very nice lady who agreed to provide a full refund on the basis that I hadn't been able to activate the maps. Refund now provided, so I went off and bought the SD card TomTom 6 from a UK supplier.

At this point, and before installing, I've jumped the Dell ship and bought an O2 XDA Orbit, so put the TomTom 6 on that instead. It works a treat, no problems.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you had such problems, Bryan. I'll be sticking with the X30 as I have car mounts (in three cars) etc. for my previous X3.

I'm a bit wary of TomTom Home, even more so after your experience. Maybe I'll simply buy Nav 6 as I need the full European map; have found it for £79.95 but still looking....
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange - I went through a similar process. I have an X51V but only the X51 and X51V are on the TT list so I simply input X51V on the TT page.

Downloaded TT home and when I logged in and downloaded updates (with the X50V connected) the TT6 app and the maps were downloaded (1.5 Gb!).

Then removed TT5 from the PDA (TT Home wouldnt do this) and installed the app, a voice and the maps.

When I first accessed the maps it asked for the registration code which TTCODES was quite happy with and it all worked.

Sorry it didnt work out for you - I got the discount!
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry, I'm happy with the TT6 SD card in my hand, despit the extra cost. TT6 is good in my opinion, so don't really regret the extra £.
CrazyErased
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brian,

At least you got it sorted but thats not great having to go out and spend extra pounds when infact TT has been offering V6 for free with new maps. I'm having the same prob upgrading from V5 to V6 and not impressed with TT's help.

8) Confused
bryanbellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess in time I could have got it sorted by a few phone calls to TT support, but I got impatient. Thing is, my X30H isn't supported by TT, and neither is my new XDA Orbit, so I was trying to get the upgrade by pretending to TT upgrade site that I had an X51 and thus get the software too. But, it was a pretence too far, so decided to ditch and start again. No real regrets, TT5 has stayed on my X30H, and TT6 is on the XDA Orbit and working fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: