Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC works with C210, C250 and C510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC works with C210, C250 and C510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: TMC works with C210, C250 and C510 Reply with quote

The UK-specific TMC receiver is now tested and available to purchase :D

For all those who doubted my previous postings, here's something to prove me right and wipe the smiles off a few of your faces

Mio are right - TMC DOES work in the UK - but what they haven't said is that you need 3.2 AND a UK-specific receiver Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

After all, who needs teamwork when you can sort things out by yourself and despite those who thought it was open season to take a shot at me every time I posted a message I got there alone and now my ego is up thereand as big as a few others Evil or Very Mad
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you finally got there klyston_generator.
Sounds like too much faffing around for me.
Glad I saved my pennies and went for the 710.
TMC has worked on it since it's release (v3.1) and, as the receiver's built in, that's one thing less to worry about. :D

CeeJay.
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: UK TMC receiver Reply with quote

for anybody who may be interested, the receiver is available here:
http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/c-accessories-m-mio-sel.html?search=mio%20tmc%20receiver

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
:D

PS for those who disputed the contents of my postings as MioC210user, I think the proof is in the pudding - I rest my case m'lord

...and for anybody who didn't like the idea of my Teamwork posting, this shows what you can do unaided

Perhaps this ought to teach people using this forum not to automatically dispute or dismiss what others have to say - you just never know Exclamation
dpmguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: UK TMC receiver Reply with quote

klystron_generator wrote:
[b]for anybody who may be interested, the receiver is available here:
http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/c-accessories-m-mio-sel.html?search=mio%20tmc%20receiver

Bought one of these over 3 months ago after making an informed decsion from information supplied on the "Mio & TMC" thread. It worked on the C510E straight out of the box on version 3.1 and i have no problems with it.

PS for those who disputed the contents of my postings as MioC210user, I think the proof is in the pudding - I rest my case m'lord

...and for anybody who didn't like the idea of my Teamwork posting, this shows what you can do unaided

Perhaps this ought to teach people using this forum not to automatically dispute or dismiss what others have to say - you just never know

Perhaps people woulds have listened if you just put forward your information and then not got into a heated debate about it. Posting as 2 separate fourm users on the "Mio & TMC" thread within 20 mins yesterday would not help either.

DPM
-------------------------------
Mio C510E - 1st purchase very impressed.
Now running V3.2
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: UK TMC receiver Reply with quote

for anybody who may be interested, the receiver is available here:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
:D

There two on that page - which is it?

Many thanks and happy Yuletide to you all.

Peasemold
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the one with TMC beside it:

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/mio-rds-tmc-traffic-module-for-mio-c210-c250-and-c510e-description.html

Sorry if I caused any confusion by providing a web page listing more than one similar item.

I knew about this new module some time ago but kept quiet until I could prove it beyond reasonable doubt because so many people like to disagree with postings.

Even providing a web site, somebody has to find something to criticise - well, that's easier than offering a solution or useful information I suppose!

There's just no pleasing some people is there??!!

dpmguy wrote:
Perhaps people woulds have listened if you just put forward your information and then not got into a heated debate about it.

Perhaps if I'd just kept the information to myself then nobody could have disputed it, but some smart arse has to disagree even if they don't have a solution to offer.

This debate only got so heated because too many people are only out to satisfy their own egos, whilst unable to provide assistance or solutions.

Anyway, I solved the problem without much help (but with a great deal of additional frustration) from this forum so I'm signing off to enjoy Christmas and the New Year.

I was hung, drawn, quartered and hung out to dry because of the mere mention of teamwork, so I'm going to take early retirement and leave you to criticise some other poor sucker(s) on here.
repsaj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This debate only got so heated because too many people are only out to satisfy their own egos, whilst unable to provide assistance or solutions.
I was hung, drawn, quartered and hung out to dry because of the mere mention of teamwork,

There was plenty of teamwork here before you came in preaching about it, and there was no heat until you started it. I wasn't posting then, but I was reading the posts and it all seemed very friendly and helpful until you spoiled it.

so I'm going to take early retirement and leave you to criticise some other poor sucker(s) on here.

Please don't come back with yet another identity. If you do I hope the moderators can block you out.
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

repsaj wrote:
Please don't come back with yet another identity. If you do I hope the moderators can block you out.

IF THERE ARE ANY MODERATORS OUT THERE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REMOVE ME.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE REMOVED Exclamation :D :D

MioC210user

klystron_generator
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the one with TMC beside it:

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/mio-rds-tmc-traffic-module-for-mio-c210-c250-and-c510e-description.html

Sorry if I caused any confusion by providing a web page listing more than one similar item.

I'm sorry if my simple request to clarify which device you were referring to caused you offence - that was not my intention - I simply wanted know which one it was as I have bought two of these in the past and neither of them worked, so you can understand my caution.

Peasemold
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even providing a web site, somebody has to find something to criticise - well, that's easier than offering a solution or useful information I suppose!

There's just no pleasing some people is there??!!

I just noticed this rather unpleasant comment. I normally avoid any confrontation on forums but I have to respond by defending myself.

Surely anyone can see that a simple, straightforward request to clarify something on a web page is not a criticism - just a request for more information. The information you provided was just what I wanted so where you get off saying I'm not pleased with your information is just plain paranoid.

You may have good reason to be displeased with some people on this forum, I'm not the one to judge, but why you felt the need to have a go at me I'm not sure. It does seem to me that you are taking the right decision to leave this forum, as I do not wish to be attacked by people on here just because I asked for some information.

Peasemold

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: