Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've V5.0609.2.0.1 and was having bluetooth disconnections with a BT-77 receiver. Now I've a Holox BT-321 aka BTGPS74R and has been fine.

I did have some disconnections with all the zoned POI safety cameras, but if I reboot my phone before using TT5, it's fine.

Jon
AdamBrunt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon29 wrote:
I've V5.0609.2.0.1 and was having bluetooth disconnections with a BT-77 receiver. Now I've a Holox BT-321 aka BTGPS74R and has been fine.

I did have some disconnections with all the zoned POI safety cameras, but if I reboot my phone before using TT5, it's fine.

Jon

Just as I have ordered a BT-77 off eBay 8O
DaIceMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamBrunt wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a recommended BT GPS receiver ?

From what I have read, it seems that TT Mobile works fine on a N70 provided (i) POI's are turned off (or minimal) and (ii) no other BT device is connected to the phone at the same time.

Is this correct ?

Also, is it possible to use TomTom and receive calls at the same time ?

Adam Brunt

The best BT GPS receivers based on my experience are the original TomTom GPS MKII based on a SIRFstar III chipset and the Royaltek 2001 based on the same chipset. There are other BT GPSs based on SIrfIII chipset but the BT connection is not as reliable (I have an Ichona SirfIII GPS and the connection is ** as it keeps disconnecting continuously).

I can use my BT Motorola headset and use TT5 at the same time. However, if the BT GPS connection drops, so does my headset's and I have to reconnect them both so it's not advisable to use 2 BT devices at the same time if you don't want more hassle.

It is possible to receive calls and make them at the same time, with and without the BT headset or Nokia headphones.

Please read my prior posts with all the details!

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30302&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=315
jon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamBrunt wrote:

I have read some BT-77 owners saying it works fine with their N70 though...it's kinda 50/50...I don't know why...maybe mine was part of a bad batch?

Let us know how you get on though.

Jon
AdamBrunt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon29 wrote:
AdamBrunt wrote:

I have read some BT-77 owners saying it works fine with their N70 though...it's kinda 50/50...I don't know why...maybe mine was part of a bad batch?

Let us know how you get on though.

Jon

At the moment everything is running fine - once I get the BT connection up and running then it isn't dropped.

Just need to the start TT and the GPS receiver in the right order it seems in order for TT to see the BT-77
adean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

•Hi there i was having the problems with my N70 freezing when using Tom Tom Navigator.
I think i have found the solution.

Whilst tralling through the net looking for help I found a forum for N70 i found that a lot of N70 users were having identical problems. Then I read that there was a problem with the N70 Firmware . when i serched for info about the firmware iread that ther were problem with the firmware relating to Bluetooth conections.

I was told that there was a firmware upgrade available but people were having trouble getting it as shops were unaware of the problem /Others were told that by unbrading the N70 at a cost of£15 this would apdate the firmware.

I didnt fancy standing in a queue for hour so serched a little further and found out this software can be downloaded from Nokias web site. I have now upgraded the firmware and all seems good.
I have only used Tom Tom on 1 25 min journey but it worked fine .I received phone calls went in and out of menu. till this upgrade the phone would have froze at least twice.

To check which version of firmware you have *#0000#

My old version started v20539
the new versionstarts v50609

http://europe.nokia.com/A4176089?N70

This is where you can get the firmware

philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd given up using TT5 on my N70 (loocked up the phone every time I turned a corner, or after about 5 mins on a straight road)..did the firmware upgrade off the Nokia site and its MUCH better..did a 30 minute journey fine; did a 1 hour one and it lost the BT connection 3 times (twice it recovered; 3rd time was a mile from where i was going and had to guess...). I'm using the silver TT reciever - does putting the phone in Offline mode help?

As its still not perfect, using my 6630 at TT5 until my TT6 arrives to go on my N80...
rowl3y
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud how good is that...

i have downloaded and reflashed my N70 you u no what ... its still the same

i thort it was working ok yesterday

used it this morning driving to work and crashed..

so i went to car phone warehow and they said they onna have a look and update the phone where way..

i here this

Get the phone updated 2 v3 firewire
then use this packages
TomTom Mobile 5.20 inc latest v6 map-2006

if need this this package please email and iwill kindly send over

i have to test as i have to wait a week for my ohine to come back

good luck
eismarsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: re-kick GPS Reply with quote

I get the same drop-out of GPS signal between my N70 and BT77 Holox but came across a way to re kick the GPS:

press 5 then 6, 6, 6, 1 this will take you to the GPS status page (with the signal reading bars), then almost all of the time it re-kicks the link between the unit and N70 within 5 to 10 seconds.

I would like to find a long term solution so save doing this though.. I have updated the firmware via Nokia web site and updated the TomTom to 5.20 still dropsout though..

Any other thoughts ?
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: re-kick GPS Reply with quote

eismarsh wrote:
I get the same drop-out of GPS signal between my N70 and BT77 Holox but came across a way to re kick the GPS:

press 5 then 6, 6, 6, 1 this will take you to the GPS status page (with the signal reading bars), then almost all of the time it re-kicks the link between the unit and N70 within 5 to 10 seconds.

I would like to find a long term solution so save doing this though.. I have updated the firmware via Nokia web site and updated the TomTom to 5.20 still dropsout though..

Any other thoughts ?

I get the same extact issue, i would he happy if someone had a solution out there.....

thanks

Nazim

ex - TOMTOM Nokia N95
ex - TOMTOM GO 700
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 5 on XDA IIi
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA II
ex - TOMTOM Navigator 3 on XDA
peter_bax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Nokia N70 and TomTom 5 Reply with quote

I had the same problem, but I downloaded the updated Nokia software for the phone, and it seems to work fine now. Hope this helps
eismarsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated to the latest firmware (see below. N.B. different providers have different licenced firmware versions, so if you do update dont expect the latest !) link: http://www.nokia.com/A4176089?N70 (make sure you have your phone on charge during process and read instructions fully !)

I now have the Holox BT 74R, but still find it still drops out now and then.

Holox BT-321 aka BTGPS74R
Tomtom mobile 5.200 (443)
GPS driver v1.20
GB map v605
(key in *#0000# on phone for the following info)
Nokia firmware v 5.0616.2.0.3
24-04-06
RM-84
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Nokia update and took note of the 56661 (GPS Status) trick..it did still drop out, but came back quickly enough not to get me lost in London..still an annoyance, but much better.
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing!!

This fault was reported what seems like years ago!! Hence the 24 pages in this thread!

It is a fault with the firmware, but even in the latest generic firmware it's still not 100% reliable.

Everybody who has the N70 has come up with someway of rebooting the phone in a set order for it to stay connected, some have had success some not.
I had and still have the N70 when they first came out and have used Route 66 mobile 7, TTM5 and Wayfinder.
I'm using the Holox BT321 GPS receiver with all the software and the phone has dropped the BT connection using all of the software apart from Wayfinder.

I can connect to the bluetooth handsfree car kit and use Wayfinder all day with no problems.

The other software is variable, and does drop out, but at least now I don't have to reboot the phone.

I don't think that it's just a phone firmware problem, I think it's a combination of things.
It just seems strange that Wayfinder works with no problems, is this because it's an off board system??
The processing is done on a central server not on the phone itself which may be the reason it works ok.

I would like to try Navicore and now Copilot 6 which has been launched on a N70 so I would guess it should work ok.

Ian
nmbaker
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: N70 Reply with quote

I use Mobile 5.202 (443) GB Map v605 and BT-16 GPS and PMR BT Headset. I listen to mp3, hear the directions and make/receive calls all without problems. I got my N70 about 5 weeks ago and not had any of the problems highlighted in these pages. The phone has been on my desk connectede to the GPS in the car outside and has not disconnected at all. Last 2 weeks it was running fine too in Bucuresti, except when I was driving, I was using will Axim as I needed to see the maps better, but when walking, I use the phone. Was surprised at how long the battery lasted
TTCams latest 19/05/09 Traffic - live
SDHC 16GB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: