Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom nav6 on w950 installation help?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom nav6 on w950 installation help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gebbly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: tomtom nav6 on w950 installation help? Reply with quote

hi all,
I have read in a few places of people getting nav 6 working on uiq3 devices such as :

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47349&highlight=uiq3

Has anyone tried getting it working on a w950? If so could they put up some steps like an idiodts guide? I seem to be having troubles getting it installed.

i have installed the tomtom home software on the pc and tried using the tomtom software to install but it doesnt see the w950 as a tomtom device.

I have tried unpacking the uiq3 .cab file (found on the dvd) and then using the application installer that comes with the w950 to choose the "TomTom-NAVIGATOR.sis" file but after a second i get a prompt saying "continue with the installation using your mobile phone". A window has opened on the phone with some details and a "details" and an "install" button. If I choose "Install" nothing happens on the phone but the pc window says "Installation Aborted".

Any help greatly appreciated
artesea
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug your phone into the PC via the USB, but ensure that you've got the phone set to File Transfer mode. (Tools Arrow Control panel Arrow Connections Arrow USB) and try home again.
gebbly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for the help artesea.

ok so now i have a group of directories gained by unpacking the uiq .cab file and have used the USB to copy them to the d drive.

When the USB cable is removed the new app is spotted and my w950 asks if i want to install it. I select "install" and it does so eventually saying it was installed succesfully.

Now, however, if i select tomtom to start it the initial splash screen (white screen with the name TomTom across it and a rotating globe below the text) appears but it never gets beyond showing this screen no matter how long I wait.

If I eventually give up and use the "open" apps window to close tomtom it closes with an error box "Kern-Exec" "3".

Has anyone got any more ideas or suggestions I could try? Only thing keeping me sane is that I have seen other w950 owners say they can get it working.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: