Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i-Go Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i-Go Wishlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: i-Go Wishlist Reply with quote

After completing a 180Km drive which included motorways, urban suburbs and town centres I got a good feel of how i-Go performed. I have decided to list a few features or improvements I would like to see added to the next release to improve this already good product.

I deliberately haven't included anything to do with the user interface as that is quite subjective and I'm prepared to give it time to get used to. I know that TT users have complaints about the user interface but hey if they were all the same then it would be boring :D. Besides, I normally use Mapopolis (terrible user interface) or iGuidance and have never used TT.

I also have not included anything to do with route errors as that is Map data dependant.

I am running i-Go on a K-Jam (HTC Wizard) with ROM 2.16.9.1 WWE

Ability to minimise i-Go from the Cockpit and Map screens. At the moment you need to come out to the main menu. You should really have a minimise icon on all screens I think. As it happens on my K-Jam, pressing the End Call button twice returns me to the Today screen but this may not be the case for all devices espcially PDAs without a phone function.

Ability to set PDA power settings. At the moment you can set how i-Go controls the PDA backlight but you cannot set it to prevent the PDA from going into standby.

Ability to save a route or routes. It would be nice to be able to save routes. I tend to preplan my trips and would like to create and save two or three routes in advance.

Save previous recent routes. It would be nice if previous routes were stored in a 'Recent Routes' list. It could store the last 6 routes for example.

More intelligent POI lists. It would be nice when looking for a POI en-route that the list displays the POI's closest in the direction that you're travelling. At the moment you just get a list of POIs some of which may be in the opposite direction to which you are already travelling. I found this when looking for a petrol station en-route. The first 3 listed were behind me! This can be further enhanced by having a setting for how much you are prepared to go out of your way for the POI.

Ability to change the harware button mapping.

Voice prompt to 'Turn Now' or 'Turn Next' It would be useful to have a voice prompt saying 'Turn Now' or 'Turn Next'. This is especially useful when driving through old historic towns with small narrow streets very close together. With the current propmpts of 'Turn right in 50m" there can a couple of streets within that space and would require taking your eye of the road to look at the distance countdown or map to see which street to turn into. I believe this can be configured by editing the relevant CVS file as detailed elsewhere in this forum.

Ability to customise map colours. You can change map colour profiles but these are predefined. It would be nice to be able to configure your own colours as I find the contrast of some of the predefined colours not very easy to see.

These are what I have found so far. No doubt I'll come across some more wishlist items the more I use i-Go. Perhaps we can send the list over to PDAMill and ask them to consider incorporating them into i-Go.

Feel free to post your own wishes.
leaskovski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we all know, TMC is supposed to be coming near the end of this year, or so the rumours say.

However, i would like to see something similar to how TomTom can get its traffic updates. Seen as alot of PDAs are now also mobile phones and thus can connect to the internet over GPRS, it would be nice to be able to get Traffic information via GPRS instead of having to fork out money for a bluetooth TMC receiver.

Please don't make it subscription based either :D Laughing
leaskovski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of another one as well...

Contacts based navigation, so you can select a contact from your devices contacts list and navigate to their address.

Would be very handy.

Oh and do the iGO creators actually look at this forum?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: